L.I. Bank Robbery Suspect Behind Bars

Police caught a man they said spent his summer robbing banks on Long Island.

Michael Acciarito of Massapequa, 39, was arrested when he reported for a regularly scheduled visit at the Nassau County Probation Office.

Acciarito was accused of robbing six banks, beginning in June.

The most recent hit was Friday.

It’s unclear how much money Acciarito allegedly made off with.

Comments

1. judi says:

Sorry to see Kate leave. Her voice and whit was what you needed on the early morning news. We wish her the best of luck. Mary Calvi is a nice replacement. What happened to our Weather girl and new mom Megan ?

2. Heidy says:

It is really sad to see Kate leave the morning news, Maurice and Kate really had the best morning news going and trust me I am a morning news fan. I wish her all the luck in the world. I really miss not waking with the whole morning team. CBS made a mistake letting her go.

3. Denise says:

I never really liked Kate Sullivan. Maybe because I loved Shon Gables and when that team was broken up I resented the change. I do love Mary Calvi — I hope she stays on board in the AM. Once the new configuration of the quartet settles in, I think this will be a better team. My bet — once they settle in, the powers that be will shake things up yet again.

4. F. Kelly says:

I can’t believe Kate Sullivan is gone!!!!!!!!! Maurice DuBois and her made an awesome team. I woke up to them every morning. And John with his corny jokes, cracks me up every time!!! BRING HER BACK!!!!!!!

5. Carol Potter says:

Sorry to see Kate Sullivan go. Direction on the morning show is so weird, everyone except for John with weather seems to be under the gun on speed talk. Hope they let Kate sound like Kate in Chicago. I’ll miss her.

6. JG says:

Hey Kate. Good Luck in Chicago. You will truly be missed

7. Star says:

I will miss Kate Sullivan! I don’t care for the Trish girl on the traffic. Katie McGee is so cute, she needs the new Emily girl to be her back up.

8. Carla says:

Kate Sullivan, my favorite news person, where is she? Easy Question, Easy answer. Concerned Listener from Bayonne, NJ

9. Paul Hoffman says:

I saw on another that Kate is going to a sister station in the windy city…..Why can’t they just say it…….

I’ll be watching pix news and news 12 on cable……..Bye Bye CBS

10. nancy says:

I also want to know…..”what happen to Kate Sullivan” I truly enjoyed the monring news…..hate when there is a change and one day one of my favorite ladies vanishes…Please….”where is Kate?”

11. Chris Gerulat says:

Why not print an answer to where Kate Sullivan is and why she left? This leaves the AM show lacking a true partnership!

12. Paul Hoffman says:

Love Mary……..WANT KATE BACK

13. Milton Lee Norris says:

I would also like to know what happened to Kate Sullivan; she added so much to the show.

14. Bob says:

Where is Kate Sullivan? Did she leave the morning news?

15. dan garrity says:

where is kate sullivan dan garrity

16. frank giarratano says:

did kate sullivan leave?

1. julieparise says:

The lovely Kate Sullivan has left CBS 2 to take her talents to WBBM, the CBS affiliate in Chicago, where she will be an evening anchor. She will be missed!

1. Jimmy K says:

Gonna miss ya Kate

2. CMawn says:

I can’t tell you how much I miss the beautiful, sweet, and of course, smart Kate Sullivan..Only Mary Calvi could soothe the pain.

Comments are closed.