Fantasy Phenom Semifinalist Videos, Week 2 (2)

Round 2 of WFAN’s Fantasy Phenom contest was in full effect this past Wednesday at the Stamford, Connecticut Buffalo Wild Wings.

Each semifinalist was given 2 minutes to rant about a chosen topic. One lucky contestant from this group will be chosen to participate in the Fantasy Phenom final round on August 27th at Bar A.

Watch the videos:

Nick-Missed Opportunities for the Mets

Mike – Longevity of Running Backs

John-The Slap in the Face Known as Isiah

Steve – Fewell Has No Excuses

Edward – The Thrill of Chasing Records

Samuel – Don’t Drink the Koolaid Just Yet

Scott – Giants Flying Under the Radar

Howard – NFL News and Notes

Patrick – The Biggest Loser

John – The Three Ring Circus at MSG

Comments

1. Jay says:

I just finished watching all the auditions and I have to say I liked Nick’s the best. There were a few other decent ones but I think Nick pretty much did everything he could have.

-Jay

2. Rocco says:

Mike has the voice and the content to make it through the finals. Well done.

3. Nick says:

Steve was ok overall, but his rant didn’t leave me with the feeling that he had more to say, I know it was only supposed to be 2 minutes but come on you shouldn’t have time to say that’s all folks thanks for listening. I don’t understand why everyone is getting on.

4. David Nicholas says:

Steve. I found him to be the most knowledgeable and passionate about his sports. He seems to really be enjoying himself up there.

5. PSYCHO! says:

OUT OF EVERYBODY THE THREE RING CIRCUS KICKED !!!!! HE MADE THE MOST SINCE!!! ISAIAH THOMAS IS THE DOWNFALL OF THE NEW YORK KNICKS!!!! PUT DA MOUTH OF DA SOUTH IN DA FINALS YA HEARD!!!!!

6. J.J. says:

This group was much better than the previous semifinal groups. I think they’re taking one from each group, which is a shame, because depending on how the last two groups do, you could take 2 or 3 of the 5 finalists from this group alone.

Nick didn’t tell us anything new, but he delivered it in a way that was very listenable, with very solid facts, and he should be considered.

Scott was solid and I agree with his points. John’s too, but all that over the top Mouth From The South, Downtown Sports stuff… just start your own show then. That stuff doesn’t belong on WFAN. Reel it in and you’ll be fine, but good job overall.

I thought Patrick was the most entertaining listen. He wasn’t just trying to do stand-up comedy. He made good points and used humor well to give those points a little color. I would pick him from this group. Shame they can’t take 1 or 2 more from this group as well.

I have no idea how Howard even made it to this round. He did the same thing in Round 1. If you are trying to emulate Steve Sommers, at least be half as entertaining as him, not a bore. If WFAN or any other station does this again, please no READING!

Comments are closed.