Worker Injured In Centenary College Dorm Fire
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. (AP) — One worker was injured in a fire that forced the evacuation of a dormitory at New Jersey’s Centenary College campus.
The school says the fire occurred when a machine malfunctioned in Bennett-Smith Hall on the Hackettstown campus at 10 a.m. Thursday.
School spokeswoman Annamaria Lalevee says there was heavy smoke and the building’s sprinklers activated.
The school says students were safely evacuated.
The school says a maintenance worker was treated for smoke inhalation.
Centenary College has almost 3,000 students.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)