Bronx Pit Bull Attack Sends 2 To Hospital

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — A vicious pit bull attack in the Bronx left two people injured, CBS 2HD’s Kathryn Brown reports.

Police said around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday two pit bulls had escaped from their home and attacked a 55-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman at the intersection of Prospect Avenue and Boston Road.

The dogs bit both victims on their legs. Both were taken to St. Barnabas Hospital.

Police officers were called to the scene. The dogs were darted and placed in the custody of the ASPCA.

They have not been put down.

Police said no charges were filed against the owners, but that could change.

Authorities identified the owner, but did not release his name. They don’t know how long the dogs were loose.

Police said the dogs were properly licensed.

Comments

1. Em says:

it really makes me wonder why Yahoo news even sees this story as important enough to feature on their browser start page. It’s a dog bite – there have always been dog bites and will always be dog bites. The owners aren’t even being charged with anything. To me that says it’s no big deal.

I know why Yahoo featured it: because pitbulls are an inflammatory subject right now and it pulls in lots of clicks. (including myself)

The story isn’t even newsworthy! Maybe a little, to people in that area, but sheesh – why have it on the Yahoo news as one of the main featured stories? It seems there are more important things?

lol, I blame myself – for even clicking on it.

2. Saitnee says:

I agree that a lot of thugs have Pit Bulls and are training them to kill; however, they are not the only ones doing this. Just like “poor people” are not the only ones stealing! Status has nothing to do with being an IDIOT!

3. z z zodiac says:

Put the dogs down and charge the owners.

1. Paul Caraballo says:

yes please put those dogs from hell down

2. toptip says:

Simple solutions for simple minds

4. Em says:

Why should you be charged with a higher crime due to the breed? Why should the owner of a Rottweiler that bites, or a German Shepherd or say even a Golden Retriever get to pay LESS?
    ALL irresponsible dog owners should be treated the same – and pay damages to the victims according to the damage done.

Punish the deed not the breed.

1. mutt says:

You’ve got it backwards. Blame The Breed For its Deeds!

5. Len says:

Pit bulls are dangerous, period. Anyone who owns one that bites someone should be charged with a felony.

6. Jojo says:

@just me, I completely disagree with you. I hae a small dog that I treat better than my children and I have to say, he has a mean streak and will bite strangers. My dog was not trained to attack in fact I invested a lot of money in training for both of us that did not change that behavior. Because he is a small dog and I am very conscience of his temperment I take the necessary precautions to ensure that he is never loose or off leash. He does not leave my house with out a leash and I tell people who think he is adorable not to touch because he will bite.

7. The Good Samaritan says:

What were they doing out at 12:35 am? Up to no good maybe.

The Good Smaritan has spoken

1. C.J. says:

Good question

8. The Good Samaritan says:

What were tey doing out at 12:35 am? Up to no good maybe.

9. SP says:

@ Just Me. I completely agree.

10. AJ says:

Seriously? Dogs did not evolve by natural selection, they evolved by artificial selection by humans for certain traits. This is why gun dogs are (typically) born with the instincts to hunt alongside humans, why terriers are so tenacious, why bullmastiffs are naturally distrustful of strangers, and why pitbulls kill. BECAUSE THEY WERE ARTIFICIALLY SELECTED TO DO SO.

1. Em says:

they were artificially selected to kill other DOGS, and also vermin such as rats, in the case of farm dogs, and to hunt too, say, hogs. They were never, ever bred to hurt a human, except relatively recently, since THUGS have become enamored of the breed and have bred it innapropriately, and away form the usual standard for the breed. So it’s the fault of the backyard breeders and others who try to use this breed for something it was never intended for: namely aggression towards humans. Another possibility is the dogs were abused, hungry, injured, sick, etc. That’ll make any animal crazy.

1. Bs says:

Well said.

11. C.J. says:

The dogs could have been provoked.

12. SP says:

Yes Craig it did.

13. Just Me says:

When a pit bull attacks a human, the owner should be put down, not the dog. Pit bulls aren’t agressive animals unless they are trained to be.

1. deborah a rawlins says:

YOU are 100% RIGHT!

14. Craig D says:

Did the dog’s license allow them to bite people?

1. deborah a rawlins says:

IT IS SAD,WHAT HAPPENED,BUT,AT LEAST THE INNOCENT AT ONE TIME,AND ARE STILL DIDN’T GET ABUSED SO BAD BY THE COPS,SLAMMED TO THE GROUND WITH KNEES IN THEIR BACKS,AND BROKEN BONES,AND THROWN DOWN A FLIGHT OF CEMENT FLOORS AND THEN SHOT AND KILLED!THIS SHOWS A CRAZY OUT OF CONTROL,INHUMANE COP!STOP AND THINK SOME PIT BULLS ARE IN HAPPY,LOVING .CARING HOMES,BUT MOST ARE NOT,THEY HAVE NO CHOICE,AND THEY HAVE NO VOICE,THESE POOR DOGS ARE IN HANDS LIKE VICK,AND THE REST,THAT TRAT THEM SO BAD,HOW ON EARTH WOULD YOU EXPECT THESE POOR DOGS TO ACT?OF COURSE,THEY WILL BE ANGRY,WOULDN’T YOU?I KNOW,I WOULD,BEING TREATED SO BAD,THESE POOR DOGS ARE UNDER SO MUCH STRESS,PAIN,AGONY AND FEAR,THEY ARE STARVED,FORCED TO FIGHT,AND RIP EACH OTHER TO THREADS,WHILE IHUMANE ONLOOKERS STAND THERE,I DON’T KNOW HOW IN THE WORLD,ANY
      HUMANE PERSON,CAN LET SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN?IT IS SO SO WRONG AND EVIL.THESE POOR DOGS ARE BATTERED SO BAD,AND THEN PEOPLE WONDER WHY?I DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS?PUT YOURSELF,IN THE POOR DOGS PLACE,AND GO THROUGH WHAT THEY HAVE TO ENDURE,AND THEN,ASK QUESTIONS,IT IS NOT THE DOGS FAULT!THIS IS SO UNFAIR TO THESE DOGS,IT IS THE ROTTON HANDS,THEY ARE IN!GO AFTER THE PEOPLE!UNLESS THIS IS A CAS WHERE THE MAN WALKED IN SOMEONES YARD,WHEN THERE IS A SIGN,THAT SAID,BEWARE OF DOG,THEN THEY HAD ALL THE RIGHT TO PROTECT THEIR PROPERTY AND OWNERS.

Comments are closed.