Attorney General Says 9/11 Trial Decision Is Near

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Eric Holder said the Obama administration was close to making a decision on where to hold a trial for professed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, the attorney general said the administration has been working on the issue and that it is an ongoing process.

The attorney general has suggested since last spring that a decision was near. He told a House subcommittee in March that he thought the administration was just weeks away from making a determination.

Holder proposed last year trying Mohammed and four alleged accomplices in civilian courts in New York City, but that idea generated so much opposition that it’s been all but abandoned.

(Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

IN OTHER NEWS…

EXCLUSIVE: WOMAN SUES NYC HOSPITAL FOR ‘SCARRING MISTAKE’…

CBS 2 GOES BEHIND THE SCENES AT VICTORIA’S SECRET FASHION SHOW…

RAPE VICTIM FURIOUS OVER EXPECTED LIGHT SENTENCE…

WIFE SAYS NY MAYOR FRIGHTENED HER WITH ROACH…

OUTRAGE: PRO-PEDOPHILIA GUIDE ON SALE ON AMAZON…

Comments

One Comment

  1. Long Overdue says:

    I am not familiar with the differences between civilian and military courts, but I don’t see how this terrorist could be tried anywhere but in a military setting. I am not sure what defense this guy could put up anyway. In the end, he needs to be executed and meet his maker in the dark hole of hell.

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

CAMPAIGN 2016
1010 WINS Special

Listen Live