Inside BBQ Sends Six To Hospital

SLEEPY HOLLOW, NY (WCBS 880) – Six Sleepy Hollow residents ended up in the emergency room Sunday night after someone in a home brought a lit charcoal grill into the house to barbecue.


WCBS 880’s Catherine Cioffi reports

“They were just going to cook,” Sleepy Hollow police chief John Kapica told WCBS 880 reporter Catherine Cioffi. “They were going to have a barbecue in the basement.”

Kapica says the sick residents range in age from seven months to 30-years-old. They all had carbon monoxide poisoning.

“It is sad. It is sad because I’m sure that if they knew there was a potential to get sick by doing this, they wouldn’t have done it. But, nonetheless, it happened and we are fortunate that no one is severely ill from it,” says Kapica.

Comments

One Comment

  1. 999Million says:

    I Bet They Were Recording This Stupidity – READY To Submit To “America’s Funniest Home Videos”

  2. Nick says:

    Now who is the idiot that saved these Darwin Award Winners? Why did he want the gene pool to be continually infested?

  3. Jon says:

    Hold on there, folks…. The best is yet to come, I’m sure. Just wait until Lionel Hutz finds these morons and convinces them to file a lawsuit against the BBQ and charcoal manufacturers for causing the injury! this one’s even better than the lawsuit against McDonalds for the coffee in the lap!

    Ugh.

    Darwin, take me away!

  4. Kathy Barber says:

    I feel sorry for children being raised by those so called ‘grown ups’. We have the Darwin Awards for a reason, and this clearly explains that reason.

  5. Jeanie Schneider says:

    You can’t fix stupid… and if these people were stupid enough to barbecue indoors, they deserve whatever they get.

  6. mike debo says:

    I was just going to use a shotgun blast to remove that fly from your forehead. Oh man. PEOPLE!!!

  7. KPMc says:

    Yes… if they had only known that a house full of smoke is toxic….

    I sympathize for the children in the house but this is exactly what Darwin meant by survival of the fittest and natural selection.

    If you are too stupid to know that a grill in the basement is not a good idea you should quietly leave this earth and give those of us with IQs above 70 a better chance.

  8. DaveBT says:

    Next thing you know, some moron will bring in their lawn mower to trim their flowers, and cut themselves to ribbons. Just going to trim.

  9. tim says:

    The police chief ” They were just going to cook” I just love that. The police chief sounds as stupid as these idiots!

  10. Charles Darwin says:

    Pure comedy gold!

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

BUY TICKETS NOW
Get Our Morning Briefs

Listen Live