CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

News

Inside BBQ Sends Six To Hospital

View Comments
Charcoal Grill - File / Photo: AP

Charcoal Grill – File / Photo: AP

TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES

From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.
Sign Up

SLEEPY HOLLOW, NY (WCBS 880) - Six Sleepy Hollow residents ended up in the emergency room Sunday night after someone in a home brought a lit charcoal grill into the house to barbecue.



WCBS 880′s Catherine Cioffi reports

“They were just going to cook,” Sleepy Hollow police chief John Kapica told WCBS 880 reporter Catherine Cioffi. “They were going to have a barbecue in the basement.”

Kapica says the sick residents range in age from seven months to 30-years-old. They all had carbon monoxide poisoning.

“It is sad. It is sad because I’m sure that if they knew there was a potential to get sick by doing this, they wouldn’t have done it. But, nonetheless, it happened and we are fortunate that no one is severely ill from it,” says Kapica.

View Comments