2nd Mistrial Declared In NYPD Subway Sodomy Case

NEW YORK (AP) — A Brooklyn judge has declared a second mistrial in the civil case of a New York City police officer accused of sodomizing a man arrested in the subway.

Jurors told the judge on Tuesday they were hopelessly deadlocked over the excessive-force claim brought by Michael Mineo. They had deliberated over the course of four days.

Earlier this year, another jury cleared three other officers of liability in the alleged assault. It deadlocked on a verdict for the fourth, which led to the retrial.

Mineo has a $440 million lawsuit against the city and the NYPD. He alleged an officer shoved a baton into his backside while he was face down on a subway platform.

(Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Jose Maricone says:

    Maybe the gay nypd LE – swing both ways because they like sticking their
    Poles into this Guy

  2. The Common Man says:

    Unfortunately Mr. Mineo’s gravy train has derailed and he will need to work.

  3. The Good Samaritan says:

    They need to dismiss the case, He is liar.

    The Good Samaritan has spoken

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

Komen Race For The Cure
CAMPAIGN 2016

Listen Live