Blizzard 2010: Has Your Street Been Plowed Yet?

Last Updated: Dec. 30, 2010.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — As you all know, a  blizzard walloped the Tri-State Area over the weekend. It is now Thursday and many people are still snowed in and several streets remain untouched.

PHOTO GALLERIES: Blizzard Slams East Coast | User-Submitted Pictures

Has your street been plowed? Were you able to commute to and from work ?

Please share your comments with us below.

And hang in there!

WCBS 880 listeners describe what’s happening on their block

WCBS 880 listeners tell WCBS 880 “We Need Help”

Related Post: Digging Out After Blizzard

Comments

1. mark says:

Plow came down our street but he didn’t have his plow DOWN!!! Are the union members of the Department of Sanitation playing games or what?!?

2. reem says:

village greens in staten island new york all four complexes have not been plowed yet. zip code 10312

1. heather says:

same here in sussex green … who do we have to complain to!!!! this is insane, what is there is an emergency? the city will lose more money on lawsuits then sending one plow down the block!

3. Cookyconsp says:

Half of the Park Slope not plowed. None of the bay ridge and boro park. How about we don’t pay taxes for days that streets not cleaned.

4. Michelle S. says:

Chandler Street in FAR ROCKAWAY, QUEENS and all the surrounding area is not plowed…there are 5 cars stuck on my street right now, one being towed by a Range Rover…this is ridiculous.

5. Luke Monaghan says:

Mayor and the city officials blown it. They must have been watching both the JETS and GIANTS planning the plays on how to beat their opponents. Stick to web-site broadcasting and business decisions. Obviously you haven’t a clue how to run the city operations.

6. Stuck in Snow says:

Little neck Queens 11362 Please add tolist of neighborhoods that havent seen a single plow.

7. Jackson says:

E54 St, Ave L to Ave M, is a disaster. Here 35 years and never saw lack of plows like this storm. How can folks get to work? Mayor Mike need to make special arrangements for Holiday weekends!

8. Aliene says:

Spotting a snow plow is like spotting a UFO – Brooklyn to Bloomberg
    Come in Bloomberg…

Bay Ridge Avenue – Bensonhurst

9. dorota says:

my street 78 St between 58 Ave/ not plowed,and Caldwell Ave/ clean/ not plowed too, I can see car moving on Eliot Ave, Caldwell Ave but we are stuck, we clean sidewalks, did our job when city is going do their job?

10. Linda says:

I am very upset that my block East 58th street between Avenues L and M has not been plowed as yet. People that own businesses cannot get off the block to shovel in front of their businesses. If there is an emergency vehicle that needs to get on the block to help someone in need it is not possible. For those who are on dialysis, they cannot get to the hospital to receive their treatment. I am not pleased with Mayor Bloomberg, who criticizes everyone when they have not performed as expected.

11. Margie says:

DISABLED RESIDENT, 265 Powers Street between Olive Street and Judge Street has still not been plowed and we called 311 three times, We have people here who are disabled and who need to get to work. The buses are running every 3-5 hours, We have cars that are stuck up and down the street that need to get out and the snow is piled up to over 2 feet.

12. Pablo says:

I live in Flushing,Queens and my street is STILL not plowed! I have to go to work! I work far,I pay my taxes, and I’m very upset at Mayor Bloomberg for leaving me to fend the snow by myself. I don’t vote much but i will make sure in the next election to vote AGAINST BLOOMBERG!

13. Carolyn says:

Randall Manor in Staten Island is a mess. North Randall Ave, Valencia Ave and Pembroke still not plowed. Many elderly folks on those blocks. What’s this really about Mayor? How about manning up and admitting that things are not exactly “typical”.

14. Ericka M. says:

Royce place in the Bergen Beach area of Brooklyn has yet to be plowed, or even thought about! There are dozens of cars stuck in the middle of the street, and God forbid anyone has to get to a hospital! I bet you that Bloombers’s street is plowed!! Come on NYC, we can do better than this!

15. MaureenMMoore says:

Staten Island, Arrochar Section, Columbia and Chicago avenues still not plowed! Three schools and halfway house in immediate area.

16. maria says:

23rd street between 4&5 ave horrible nite mare,i have been watching the news MR.mayor shame on you what about the people who cant work like school bus drivers are we gonna get paed these days for you being so irresponsible shame onyou ut its like obama says its yime for a change.

17. Diana Bullock says:

I live in Bedford Stuyvesant and the clean- up in my neighborhood is non- existent! I walked nine blocks to the train station and not one of the blocks were plowed! ( My street, Jefferson Ave, included) To make matters worse, the cross street Malcolm X Blvd, has been plowedand the snow is pushed up at least 4 feet high, making it impossible to get off of my block

18. ANN in Glendale says:

67th street between 70th street and Central Avenue has not seen a plow as of yet. Mr. Bloomberg……….the workers that make the city what it is are stranded in Queens!! Stop being concerned about the tourists being able to get to the theatre!! They didn’t vote you in. Please be concerned about your voters and show that you mean it and stop getting defensive……11385

19. Nathaniel Grant says:

I live in East Ny Brooklyn Hendrix ST bet livonia & Dumont we dont have know idea what a Snow Plow look like.

20. Susan Mannarino says:

Susan

74th Street, Glendale, Queens – Our street is still not plowed, however, make sure that Times Square is cleared so that the tourists can enjoy their New Year’s Eve.

The mayor is completely out of touch with New Yorksers. He is being non-chalant about the whole situation. He has no problem cutting jobs or raising taxes but he can’t come through when their is an emergency.

21. D says:

77th Street and 156th Avenue in Howard Beach has not seen a snow plow. What a deplorable situation, and our taxes keep going up. The mayor is clueless sitting in his ivory tower. The truth of the matter is most city workers are on vacation this week, and if the mayor asks them to give up their vacation, and return to work, he will have to pay them big time, which he is not prepared to do.

22. UPSET NEW YORKER says:

95th Avenue and 107 Street in Ozone Park, Queens, NY 11416 not plowed and all surrounding streets. As a result, numerous abandoned cars left in the middle of the street!!! PLEASE HELP!!

23. Maureen says:

Queens 205th Street between Hillside Avenue and 89 Ave. I have lived here since 1971 and I never seen anything like this . The Street still has not been plowed.

24. TOM says:

I live on 70 St in Maspeth Queens. My street was plowed 5 times and salted 4 times during the first 2 hours and 2 inches of the Blizzard. We have NOT seen a plow or sander since !!! What about the other 18 inches ???

And our “mayor” pats himself on the back and tells everyone what a great job he and his administration are doing !!

Was sanitation driving the local streets early when they were NOT needed to waste time – gas – and salt ? Were they staging a work slow down and reporting – albeit fictitiously- that these neighborhoods were treated and in good shape ?

Please look into this matter. I hope no one in my area needs emergency services because they will never see a response.

Sad….but Bloomy is worse than Lindsay ever was….remembered as our best mayor ? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

25. stephen says:

no plow in Tulip Circle on the south shore of staten island and we have a surgeon’s appointment tomorrow that we have waited a month for.

26. Michelle says:

My street 135th Street and Hoover Avenue in Briarwood Queens has not seen a plow at all. Please help!!!

27. Fred says:

Sheepshead Bay Marine Park side streets not touched,main streets barely Subways and buses not running, fare increase in three days. Bloomberg for President!

28. upset and fed up with NYC says:

HOLLIS,NY is not done. my street was cover since sunday,people got stuck for hours. they were ditching cars and no transportation is persent. no plows were seen since sunday except the one that drove by today with the plow up instead of plowing. i mean whats the sense of coming down the block with the darn thing raised??does that make sense??i think the city and the workers including the mayor dropped the ball on this one….i am sure im not the only one missing work because of it but its not right. if you have us paying high taxes i would think that we could expect a little bit better from the city. i work in garden city and even they are clear….im highly upset….

29. Joanie t. says:

More than 24 hrs after the snow stopped, we have yet to see a snow plow. I live across the street from a state hospital, around the corner from Kings County Hospital, you would think these streets would be a priority. I”ve seen ambulances stuck. On Clarkson Ave., the B12 was stuck with passengers on board.

Right now there’s a tractor trailer that makes deliveries to the hospital stuck in front of my house since 4 a.m. I called 311 to try to get some help for the driver, and after 45 mins on hold, I was told it’s the driver’s responsibility to call a tow truck. The city’s response has been abominable.

30. sickofitall says:

Weren’t there over a 1,000 “911” calls that were not responded to because of our emergency vehicles not having clear access on the roads to get to the people/situations that need them?? Is that not grounds for impeaching the Mayor, and firing the higher-ups at Sanitation for this horrendous response to a snow storm that really is not as bad as some others we’ve had in the past? Bloomberg and Sanitation Dept. MUST be held accountable!

31. Yehudah says:

Our street has not been plowed yet! Our Area is Ave I and J and East 2nd St. in Brooklyn!! What’s going on here? How long will we still have to wait for them to clean up? We want school tomorrow and without the streets cleaned we can’t drive our kids to school!

32. Jo says:

This has been the worst clean-up . The last storm in Feb, the sanitation did a better job in cleaning the streets. I blame the Mayor for all the cut backs. My street has not been plowed. I’m in Astoria on 32nd street. I hate seeing the pictures of Manhatten all nice and clean. The Mayor has workings clearing the stret for New Years Eve. Where is his priorities!

33. Joe says:

I live on 81st street between 16th and 17th avenues in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. No city snow plows through this block yet, still snowed in and I have not been able to go to work for 2 days because I can’t get my car out, but more importantly, my father-in-law who lives with us is elderly and in poor health, if I need to get an ambulance they would not be able to get here. I think the Mayor and the City agencies were totally unprepared for this storm, I don’t buy their excuses.

34. Dfred says:

We have lived in Maspeth for 9 years and always have had the snow plows come up our street (60th Avenue between Fresh Pond and 60th St.), however at no time during or after this current storm have we seen a plow. On regular week days our street is a quick passage for trucks including cadres of sanitation vehicles at 6 am to access Fresh Pond Rd. from Flushing Ave… but now it is impassible. We are not alone in our community and feel that the lack of a snow emergency declaration and deep budget cuts are to blame. A very dangerous situation cause by arrogant leadership of NYC.

35. Boro Parker says:

I lIve in Boro Park and the streets have still not been plowed, only some avenues. It is shocking that even 49th Street which is a emergency lane to the hospital is still full of snow!! Ambulances are still getting stuck! At least Mr. Bloombergs street in the East Side is plowed………

36. Andrew says:

195th Street between 73rd Av. & Union Turnpike Has not been plowed. 194th St has been,75th ave has, What is going on!

37. Daniel Stewart says:

East 16th between Caton and Church Aves. Every cars that attempts to pass thru has gotten stuck.

38. Linda J> Turner says:

I live on E 48 St between Tilden & Beverly in B’klyn and NOTHING has been done!! It took my son and I an hour and a half to clear the snow from around my small house and yet there hasn’t been one snowplow pass by. On E 48 St and Church Ave, there hasn’t been a plow pass by and the B35 is hit and miss; my son found 40 people waiting for the bus and when it came it was packed!!! 2 Sanit plows were stuck at Snyder & Church Aves. What an incompetent mess; 311 is a no human answer that cuts you off. I guess Manh is a more important boro.

39. Michele A says:

No plows yet and it’s what day 3 now. At this rate we will be thawed out by spring. The mayor has a lot to say, all about Broadway and restaurants. I would love to see a Broadway show Mr. mayor but since I can’t cross my own street let alone get to Broadway I think I’d settle just to get to the store to grab some food. Since we are literally snowed in my firefighter husband had to walk to the belt parkway (literally on the belt because the exit/entrance wasn’t plowed) to meet up with a fellow firefighter to make their way into work. Probably will be spring too by the time he gets home.
    What happened to all those new DSNY workers that just got hired?

40. Ronnie says:

249TH Street in Bellerose has not been plowed – it was rough getting out this morning. Hopefully when I make it home tonight it’ll be cleared.

Be safe everyone!

41. Susan says:

None of the streets in LIttle Neck, Queens have been plowed. Please include Queens in your reports on non-plowing. Cars, SUVs and vans are getting stuck on 60th Avenue between Marathon Parkway and LIttle Neck Parkway. Send the plows!! When will we be able to join the world again?

42. el says:

Tommy NJ, nobody forced you to buy a house with 1/4 mile driveway. We are talking about Streets not our driveways.

1. Tommy Connell NJ says:

Agreed…however… No one forced you to live in the city with the other couple million or so idiots that have nothing better to do than complain. And if you think your roads are bad you should come to my neck of the woods and see what I get to deal with. Those men and women are working as hard as they possibly can to make sure you can get to where you have to go, and yet they miss spending time with their families just to placate you nitwits. I’m glad I got out of public service work. You all act like you’ve never seen snow before!

43. Barry Buchalter says:

Againsam,
    Once again Queens is the forgotten borough as it was in the 1960’s. I’ve been waiting for a plow to come through 98th Street in Woodhaven Queens between Woodhaven Blvd. and Park Lane South. My wife and I who are both senior citizens had to cancel doctor’s appointments. We are also running out of food as we cannot drive to the supermarket. This is a total disgrace.

1. ALICE -OZONE PARK says:

I AGREE – WE ARE ALWAYS THE FORGOTTEN ONES- WE ARE NOT MANHATTEN OR WILLAMSBURG- SO LATER FOR US.
      THIS IS JUST A DISGRACE.
      97 TH AVE & 90TH STREET -OZONE PARK
      ALL OF 97TH AVE HASN’T SEEN A PLOW IN 2 DAYS.WE ARE 3 BLOCKS FROM WOODHAVEN BLVD AND CAN’T EVEN GET TO IT –
      BLOOMBURG- I DON’T EVEN WANT TO SAY MAYOR- YOU STINK- DROPPED THE BALL AND FORGOT ABOUT THE REAL PEOPLE IN THE OUTER BOUGHS THAT GOT YOU IN OFFICE.
      WE TOO NEED TO GET TO WORK- ARE YOU GONNA PAY US FOR DAYS OUT OF WORK?????
      USE OUR TAX MONEY TO CLEAN US OUT- YOU TAKE ENOUGH OF IT ….BLOOMBURG- WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT TIMES SQUARE RIGHT NOW WHEN WE CAN’T EVEN GET TO TH STORE FOR MILK???? TAKE THOSE PEOPLE CLEANING TIME SQUARE FOR NEW YEARS EVE AND BRING THEM HERE TO CLEAR THE STREETS – GET US CLEANED OUT- PLOW OUR STREETS – 97TH AVENUE-OZONE PARK “CLEAN US OUT!!!!!!!!!!
      YOU TELLING ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER- YOU THINK YOUR CITIZENS ARE PLAIN STUPID. YOU SHOULD BE VERY ASHAMED …….
      OF THIS-

44. Mary says:

Guess we’re lucky here…on Staten Island, North Shore, all of my surrounding streets have been plowed: Forest Avenue, Castleton Avenue, Henderson Avenue,. as well as the side streets that feed into these Avenues. Sorry so many people are having such a hard time getting around. After all, we did have a blizzard!

45. Maspeth Rresident says:

57th Drive in Maspeth, Queens is still not plowed. This is the worse job
    by the Sanation Dept that I can remember in all my years in Maspeth.

46. Ron says:

As ofTuesday 12:30 pm, the New Dorp section of Staten Island has yet to be plowed. Sorry Mayor Bloomberg, no stalled cars on these blocks to use as an excuse. Mass Transit out here is a joke. Do your job!!!!!!!!

47. QUEENS RESIDENT says:

118TH ROAD AND MERRICK BLVD NOTHING IS DONE…the mayor wants manhattan clean for new years eve… he could care less about bklyn, queens, bx, or staten is…

48. AG says:

Brooklyn, New York, 49th street between 9th and 10th aves. This is across the street from Maimonides Hospital, with doctors offices all down the block along with housing. An MTA bus has been stuck on the block since SUNDAY. Nothing can get through to clean this street, The mayor says all should go to work but cannot get down the block.

Queens, New York, 153 ave off of Crossbay Blvd, has not been cleaned. Cars, SUV, pick up trucks UPS Tracker trailer stuck, buses. At times 17 cars at a time stuck. Cannot leave home cannot get back on the block once you leave. This is crazy, only good thing is people are getting out to help each other cause they need to get moving too. This is crazy COME ON NYC you are better than this.

49. who cares says:

I would love to see the wikileaks of the cables between Bloomie and MTA… FORGET THE BOROUGHS just clean Times Square… How people are going to get to times square if the subway dont work. Even my 5 yr old could explain to him that… BLOOMIE GET THE F. OUT

50. Brigette says:

In Staten Island there are no plows out. Shiel ave is unable to be driven down. No one can leave their house. There is over 2 feet of snow in the middle of the street.

Comments are closed.