Snow Continues To Impact Subway, Bus Service In NYC
NEW YORK (CBS 2/WCBS 880) — Rush hour subway commuters were encountering some service problems Tuesday. Almost every line was still being affected in some way by the snow.
“We’re trying to dig out our stranded buses. We’re working very closely with the Department of Sanitation but many roads are still impassable,” said Deirdre Parker of New York City Transit.
“We have very limited bus service out there today,” Parker said.
So what is working for the morning commute? “Our subways are back, with the exception of the Brighton Beach, Sea Beach, and the southern part of the Carnarsie Line and the Franklin Avenue shuttle,” Parker said. “We do have service back to Far Rockaway, the West End Line, and the Dyre Avenue Line.”
WCBS 880’s Steve Knight talks with “F” train passengers about their trouble getting around.
As for the lines without service Tuesday, “we’re still working around the clock to dig those areas out and run some test trains,” Parker said.
The snow had a significant impact on the above-ground trains. “Our service that’s underground is running, with some delays, but they are running.”
- 1, 2, and 3 train service is running with delays in both directions at this time.
– 4, 5 and 6 train service is running with delays in both directions at this time.
– 7 train service is running local in both directions from the 42nd Street-Times Square Station to the Main Street-Flushing Station.
– A, C, and E train service is running with residual delays at this time.
– Due to a train with mechanical problems at the Bay 50th Street Station, there is no D trains between the Bay Parkway Station and the Coney island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions. In adition, due to inclement weather, D, F and M train service is running with delays in both directions. Also, due to inclement weather, B train service is suspended in both directions from the Bedford Park Boulevard Station and the Brighton Beach Station.
– G train service has resumed with residual delays.
– Expect delays in J train service in both directions at this time.
– L train service is suspended in both directions between the Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues Station and the Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station.
– There is no Q train service between the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions. There is no N train service between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the 59th Street Station (Brooklyn) in both directions. Please expect delays in service on the Q , N and R trains at this time.
Due to inclement weather conditions, all MTA bus express services are running with system wide delays. There is no limited stop bus service in all boroughs.
Buses-BX1 – BX55
Manhattan-bound Bx19 bus service will terminate at Fredrick Douglas Blvd and 145th Street. Bx12 select bus service will be making local stops.
Buses-M1 – M116
M4 bus service is terminating at Cabrini Circle. M11 bus service is not entering Riverbank Park.
Due to inclement weather, Long Island Bus service will detour as follows: Westbound N6 – Hempstead Avenue, right onto Springfield Blvd, left on Hillside Avenue, then regular route. Westbound N24 – Jamaica Avenue, right onto Springfield Blvd, left on Hillside Avenue, then regular route. Eastbound N24 – Hillside Avenue, right onto Springfield Bld, left on Jamaica Avenue, then regular route.
Buses-Q1 – Q113
166th Street-bound Q15 bus from Roosevelt Avenue. left turn on Union Street, right turn on Northern Boulevard, left turn on 150th Street, then regular route. Main Street-bound Q15 bus from 150th Street, right turn on Northern Boulevard, left turn on Union Street, right turn on Roosevelt Avenue. LGA-bound Q48 bus from Roosevelt Avenue,right turn on 126th Street, left turn on Northern Boulevard, right turn on 108th Street, then regular route. Main Street-bound Q48 bus – from 108th Street, left turn on Northern Boulevard, right turn on 126th Street, left turn onto Roosevelt Avenue, then regular route. Queens Plaza-bound Q67 bus regular route to Borden Avenue, right onto Vandam Street, left turn onto Hunters Point Avenue, then regular route. Metropolitan Avenue-bound Q67 bus continue on Hunters Point Avenue, right onto Vandam Street, left onto Borden Avenue, then regular route. 60th Lane and Cooper Avenue-bound Q39 bus from Jackson Ave at Queens Boulevard, left turn at Thompson Ave to Queens Boulevard, right at 58th Street, then regular route. Queens Plaza-bound Q39 bus to 58th Street and Queens Boulevard, left onto Thompson Avenue, left at Jackson Avenue to 21st Street, right on 21st St to Queens Plaza South, right onto Queens Plaza, then regular route. Westbound Q36 bus run on Jamaica Avenue, right on Springfield Boulevard, left on Hillside, then regular route. Eastbound Q83 bus will terminate at Springfield Boulevard. Both directions, there is no Q72 bus service from Rego Park to LaGuardia Airport. Northbound Q65 bus service last stop on College Point Boulevard at 28th Avenue. College Point-bound Q25 bus from 130th Street, right onto 20th Avenue. Southbound Q23 bus service will continue straight on Ditmars Boulevard to a right on 108th Street, right on Astoria Boulevard then regular route.
Buses-S40 – S98
Due to inclement weather there is no service on the following bus routes: S42, S44, S46, S51, S52, S54, S55, S56, S57, S61, S66, S76 and S93.
Buses-x1 – x68
Due to inclement weather conditions, there is no X31 bus service at this time.