Reporting Mike Xirinachs
NEW YORK (CBS New York) — A fresh batch of snow and a new set of headaches greeted area residents Wednesday and made for a difficult morning commute and some Long Island Rail Road and Amtrak riders may run into some trouble during the afternoon rush.
Here is the latest information on the roads, delays and suspensions.
If you are driving home or to work, take extra caution and time, and check our traffic and transit page before heading out. A few accidents have been reported on roads across the Tri-State area.
Alternate-side parking, payment at parking meters and garbage collections are suspended citywide.
Long Island Rail Road:
- The LIRR is planning to operate a normal evening rush hour schedule on all electric territory branches. On the diesel branches, the LIRR intends to operate near normal PM peak service, though due to the effects of the storm, some cancellations will be necessary.
- On the East End, train service will remain suspended east of Speonk on the Montauk Branch and east of Ronkonkoma on the Main Line to Greenport until the tracks can be cleared.
Click here to see if your train has been canceled.
- Rail service, buses, light rail service operating on or close to schedule.
- System-wide cross-honoring is in effect.
- Service is operating on a regular schedule.
- Metro-North operating on a regular Sunday schedule.
- Service has been suspended on the Waterbury and Danbury branches.
MTA Bus & Access-A-Ride:
- Bus service in New York City and on Long Island will operate at normal scheduled levels this morning, but Access-A-Ride service has been cancelled except for trips of medical necessity (e.g., dialysis, radiation treatment or chemotherapy).
Bridges & Tunnels:
- Reduced speed restrictions are in effect.
- Mac Arthur Airport on Long Island has been closed.
- Arrival/Departure delays at Newark, La Guardia and Kennedy airports are 15 minutes or less.
- A fallen tree from outside Amtrak property has damaged the overhead power system near Sharon, Mass., leading Amtrak to temporarily suspend Acela Express and Northeast Regional train service between New York City and Boston.