Tony’s Table: Rosemary Steak
NEW YORK (CBS 2) – Meat and potatoes… a combination that is never wrong. This week, Tony Tantillo with a delicious, easy to prepare version that you can make for your family tonight!
1/2 lb. flank steak
1/4 lb. yellow fingerling Yukon Gold potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
4 oz. grape tomatoes
2 rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon butter
Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
– Season steak with generous amounts of coarse salt, ground pepper, and one rosemary sprig.
– Heat olive oil in pan.
– Add steak and sear until both sides are golden brown.
– Remove steak from pan and set aside.
– Cut potatoes in half along their length and add to pan.
– Return steak to pan, adding butter and the other rosemary sprig.
– Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, until potatoes are soft all the way through.
– Slice tomatoes in half, then add to pan.
– Allow everything to cook for another two minutes.
– Season with salt & pepper and serve.
(NOTE: Prep times can vary by equipment. Be sure to check that meat is fully cooked.)