Convicted Sex Offender Charged With Conn. Rape

NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut police say a convicted sex offender has been charged with snatching a woman from a Norwalk parking lot and raping her.

The Norwalk Police Department says a woman in her 20s reported being raped in her car early Saturday after being snatched from a Webster Street parking lot. Patrol officers found a man walking in the area who matched the description the woman had given, and the woman identified him as her attacker.

Fifty-three-year-old William Daugard of Norwalk has been charged with first-degree sexual assault, second-degree kidnapping and third-degree assault. Bond was set at $500,000. He is set for arraignment Monday.

Police say Daugard has a 30-year criminal history and has been in and out of prison for sex crimes.

A police department spokesman doesn’t know if Daugard has an attorney.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Sanchez says:

30 years of the same behavior and this schmuck is allowed to walk on the street- thank you liberal CT Justice System for allowing a friend of mine to be in this situation- in Texas this story would not exist he would have been dealt with years ago

2. He has been in and out of prison for 30 years for sex crimes. He should have been in jail longer, especially since he is a repeat offender.

3. MURPH says:

CUT HIS THING OFF!!!!!!!!

1. anon says:

Weird thing is I know of him. I am female. I was at a club and this other guy was harassing me. To say the least I clocked the other guy and he went down. I saw this guy in CVS and he said that guy should not have spoken to you that way. By the way he had long hair and when I saw him his head was shaved his head and he wanted a change.

4. Kds562 says:

They do it all the time in Texas.

5. Julie says:

I am all for castration or repeat offenders.

6. Tote says:

I have two words:

CASTRATION first offense

DEATH PENALTY second offense

End of problem…

1. john says:

Totally ridiculous!! I don’t see how anyone could have enough trust in the justice system to advocate such penalties. Too many people have been cleared of crimes that they have spent decades in jail for. how do you uncastrate or revive those who have been erroneously convicted?
      While i don’t have a solution, I certainly wouldn’t back measures where the punishment doesn’t fit with the crime.

1. Simon says:

this would be the perfect punishment… except in many cases you can’t be sure if they’re guilty, so it isn’t the perfect punishment. perhaps for repeat offenders?

Comments are closed.