Show Continues At Javits Center After Trash Can Fire

NEW YORK (CBS 2) – An accessories show at the Javits Center will continue as scheduled on Sunday after a fire broke out there on Saturday evening.

Flames started on the first floor after 9 p.m., forcing firefighters to evacuate the building.

Investigators said the fire started in a trash can behind one of the booths.

The building’s sprinklers quickly extinguished the flames, firefighters said.

Emergency officials transported one person to the hospital for minor injuries and smoke inhalation.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Cookie Monster says:

    almost everything about this article is completely wrong.

    as you can see, even from your own picture, it is not an Accessories Show, it is the NY International Gift Fair.

    The fire was the on the 3rd Floor, not the 1st.

    It happened in the space between two booths, not in a trash can.

    The fire started at around 9:30pm…

    Did you even bother going there, or did you just listen half-heartedly to another report and write your article from vague and incorrect memory?

  2. curt schaefer says:

    what kind of accessory show ?

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

WFAN Football Cruise Drip
1010 WINS Special

Listen Live