NYPD Releases Surveillance Of B’Klyn Sex Attack Suspect
NEW YORK (CBS 2) – Police are advising women walking alone in Brooklyn to be wary of an attempted rapist who has struck at least three times.
A man in business attire might not strike many as an attempted rapist, but police say that’s the man they’re looking for. The man is suspected in three attempted sex assaults, the latest on January 26 at Fulton Street and Cumberland in Fort Greene, reports CBS 2′s John Slattery.
In that attack, the man approached a 24-year-old woman from behind, pushed her up against a fence and tried to undress her – but a bystander interrupted the attack.
The suspect also struck a few blocks away, at St. Felix Street and Hanson Place, on January 19. The 25-year-old victim was also attacked from behind, but she screamed and was able to run away.
In addition to the two Fort Greene attacks, the suspect first truck in Bensonhurst, at New Utrecht and 63rd Streets, on January 9. A 28-year-old woman, who was slapped in the face, was able to fight the man off.
“You never want to hear that a person is lurking around in the wee hours of the morning, raping, sexually assaulting women in the street,” Fort Greene resident Maya Millett said.
Police describe the attacker as 30 to 35 years old, between 5’ 11” and 6’ tall, with a medium build and light-colored hair and wearing a dark pea coat.
“I hope that there’s a police crackdown, so no one else is attacked,” resident Amy Abrams said.
Police say all of the attacks have taken place between one and two in the morning.
So far, all of the victims have succeeded in escaping without injury.