Upstate Man Accused Of Attempted Rape Of 10-Year-Old Girl

YONKERS, N.Y. (CBS 2) — A father and husband is now in jail, facing an attempted rape charge, after investigators said he schemed to have sex with a 10-year-old girl.

Police arrested the Dutchess County man in an underage sex sting, and they believe the alleged behavior may go back 30 years.

Someone was home at Robert Viggiano’s house in Fishkill, but no one would come to the door, reports CBS 2’s Lou Young.

His family, like the neighbors, may have been trying to absorb the news of his arrest for soliciting sex from a 10-year-old girl. The 47-year-old husband, father and upstate businessman was allegedly trolling for children on the seamy side of Yonkers.

Neighbors were understandably shocked.

“He’s a nice guy, I see his wife and everything, I see his kids,” Anthony Panissioli said. “They go to church – I’ve attended mass with them. She teaches religion over at St. Mary’s…and they’re always there.”

“We believe we have a strong case against him, including audio and video evidence,” Yonkers Police Commissioner Edmund Harnett said.

Yonkers police said they had a female officer wearing a wire during a six-week investigation.

The young undercover cop was working a drugs and guns case in the neighborhood when Viggiano allegedly popped up looking for sex with a child. She then started to play the part of a drug-addicted mother willing to sell her own daughter.

Her supervisors said it was the performance of a lifetime.

“I’ve been around undercovers during 30 years of policing, and this is some of the finest undercover work I’ve ever seen,” Commissioner Harnett said.

“There are aspects of this thing, this investigation, that happened, that kind of put her on the spot immediately,” Sgt. Michael Palaleo said. “She rolled with it. She did a great job.”

Police said Viggiano showed up with the precise payment that had been negotiated, as well as candy for the little girl with whom he allegedly expected to have sex.

Prosecutors are investigating whether there are any other victims. Viggiano is believed to have been a karate instructor, and he may have come in contact with children in the past.

Please share your comments below!

More from Lou Young
Comments

1. john says:

ernest jackson of the chester school district accused of rape by the ex supt helen anne livingston of the chester new york school district testified under oath in the town of chester court. livingston resigned under pressure. ernest jackson has been demoted and a pay cut .kid living with ernest jackson and debbie jackson of port jervis school district ashley marguerite jackson underage teenager pregnant several times who they got several abortions attends BURKE CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL . ws she the raped by Ernest Jackson?

2. dann says:

he was going to buy a child for sex. put him in the same catergory as the town of chester cop David Firester who was exposing himslef to little girls on his days off in middletown where he was caught and arrested. the now demoted suspended principal of the chester new york school district was accused of RAPE by the former Supt of the Chester School District in the Town of Chester Court both the Judge janet haislip and Senior Assistant District Attorney maryellen Black Albanese wife of Jefffrey Albanese Goshen Attorney didn’t blink an eye. Rape of a child must appear ok to them if it is done by a so called family man, cop or school employee.So where does that leave the children? Robert Albanese the Warwick Principal who has no undergraduate degree in Education got his comfy job becasue mom Asst Senior Orange County D.A. supports RAPE of children so long as it is a school employee doing ti?

1. bert says:

Leave Firester out of this. He never so much as spoke with an underage female, much less made overtures to entice them. Your desire to seek poison is overcome by your desire to encounter evil where you see fit.

3. ASIA says:

I KNOW BOBBY AND HES A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE ALWAYS HELPED ME OUT ALWAYS WAS NICE TO ME AND MY FAMILY I KANT AND STILL KANT BELIEVE THIS IS MY BOBBY MY GOOD FRIEND MAYBE SOMETHING HAPPENED IN HIS LIFE HE SHOULD NOT BE ALL ON THE NEWS AND STUFF LIKE THAT RUING HIS HAPPY HOME AND ABOUT TO LOSE EVERY THING HE BUILD FROM GROUND BOOBY IF U READ THIS I HOPE U THINK TWICE BEFORE U DO STUFF U NEVER WANTED TO LOSE UR WIFE U LOVE HER DEARLY TRY AND GET UR LIFE BACK TOGETHER

4. Michelle2010 says:

I am a bit confused about this one if this is true but whatever reasons he has right now about this accusation, he must clean his name first to the authorities. Even so, based on the testimony of the undercover agent, there was a video taken Viggiano showed up with the precise payment that had been negotiated, as well as candy for the little girl with whom he allegedly expected to have sex. Terrible, It came to my mind the safety of my daughter, since we’re just neighbor, and it gives me an idea that it could happen to my daughter or to anybody.That is why I have provided my daughter a mobile application for safety and protection. Just pressing a button she can notify and alert friends, family and myself if ever in danger. If needed, the call will be routed to the nearest 911 dispatch. Protect your children check this out http://Safekidzone.com/

5. Michelle2010 says:

Social network platforms like Facebook are supposed to encourage interaction – people can exchange greetings, comments, share jokes, and post links bringing millions of people closer together. We have become more and more reliant on social networks to maintain our links to our circle of friends, our family connections, and the communities with which we associate ourselves. But behind this facade of friendly “pokes” lurks in a danger few will encounter before it’s too late. To prevent danger to our children in using the social media parents must teach them to keep their personal information confidential and avoid posting “shout out” about their whereabouts. I have two daughters and I always monitor them their activity using the social network. I have also provided them a mobile application for safety and protection. Just pressing a button they can notify and alert friends, family and myself if ever in danger. If needed, the call will be routed to the nearest 911 dispatch. Protect your children check this out http://Safekidzone.com/

6. Jack says:

ex Supt Helen Anne Livingston of the Chester New York School District testified under oath in the Town of Chester New York Court that Ernest Jackson Middle School Principal RAPED a student in the Chester Academy.No one will investigate this not the Village of Chester cops the Town of chester cops or the New York State Police Dept.Our children are at the mercy of this pervert and people refuse to believe anything bad against hime even though ex Supt helen Anne Livingston resigned.

7. rayoly88 says:

I will give this perv some of my METHADONE…lol

8. old friend from Pigien Park says:

I AM IN SHOCK!!!!! This is something I just can’t get my head around.. I have known Bobby for more then 30yrs & @ this momeeent the only thing I can think of is I am glad when my daughter was young, she was never around Bobby.. When we were kids, there was a bunch of us that hung out together & Bobby was always a nice kid. I’m not sure if this is true or not, but with the audio & video evidence that the Police have, It’s kind of hard NOT to believe that it’s not true…. I’m not the Judge or Jury, but if it is definietly true, then he should be placed in the general population in Rikers Island & also when he goes Upstate to serve his time….Rapist, child molesters & any other crimes against children WILL be taken care of by the other Inmates..

9. Jessie says:

I know Robert Viggiano and his family. He is a kind, loyal father and husband. I don’t believe this is true. The media says things without the facts all the time. They damaged a man and a family for no reason. He is not even convicted! Dina you are a fabulous woman, I believe you are facing the fight of your life. I know you will get through this and you will be a family again. I love all you guys and I will continue to defend you and your families honor. A friend in Fishkill!

10. Sabrina Heit says:

This comment is for MK – You have the right to feel as you do BUT you don’t know Mr. Viggiano LIKE I DO! So until the facts are completely out I believe you should not make a comment when I know him better than anyone else does!

This comment is for JDUB I want to Thank you for lending me your support at a time like this I could use some back up. Thank you for being kind. Sabrina Heit

11. Warren Gee says:

Wow let him out in general pop. At the county jail they will fix his bhind real well

12. Roy says:

This sick low life needs to be taken off the streets for a very very long time……

13. Mr. Armenia says:

Everyone here is already saying this guy is guilty. Let him get a fair trial.

1. C.J. says:

Entrapment…

14. charlie says:

check out the Suspended Principal Ernest Jackson Chester New York School District did a HOME INVASION was suspended and got his job back. Couple of weeks later took another student on vacation during new year’s weekend 2010 to Killington , Vermont.This guy is the TEFLON SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. 5 Lawsuits pending against hime for sexual harassment and endangerment etc. Ernest Jackson is given free rein.

15. HAYWOOD JABLOWME says:

HE MAY BE INNOCENT, HE MAY BE GUILTY….. HOWEVER IF FOUND GUILTY I SAY GIVE HIM THE CHAIR INSTEAD OF LIFE BECAUSE THEN US TAXPAYERS WILL BE PAYING FOR HIS LODGING

16. George says:

Yes, every one has to know the whole sequence of events before one comes to a conclusion. In online people play along for various reasons, all human beings do not think alike when it comes to a certain context. This guy needs to be punished if proven guilty, but if this guy has no bad intentions before, this means the under-cover cops are implanting an idea in this guys innocent head and even if he is proven not guilty, this guys thoughts will be different now forever. So good job cops in successfully making another person a pervert. The under-cover guys need to come up with better tactics for sure

1. Fever says:

How do police plant the idea to rape a child in someone’s head?
      Why was he in a ghetto area of Yonkers and he lives in Fishkill?
      He fits the profile of a double-life sociopath and sexual predator. He’s married, etc, etc, and cruises low income areas looking for volatile victims. It’s nothing new and nothing unheard of. You people are very naive. Wake up, you might be married to one.

17. MK says:

Hey Sabrina just because you know him since he’s 5 years old means absolutely nothing. You have no idea what goes on once he closes the door behind him! Innocent until proven guilty may be true….in this case I think it’s guilty until proven innocent!

1. Jdub says:

actually MK, in America it is always innocent until proven guilty. You want to comment on Sabrina for judging someone she knows when you judge someone you don’t. everyone deserves a fail trial and there is no exception in this case. until more facts are released no one has a right to judge him but God and the law.
      and Argyle, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are the monster!

18. Sabrina Heit says:

I have known ROBERT VIGGIANO SINCE WE WERE KIDS AT THE AGE OF 5 YEARS OLD AND HE WOULD NEVER EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!
    Please look at the facts more carefully BEFORE you make an innocent man guilty!

I KNOW HE IS INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES!

Sabrina Heit
    Bronx, NY

1. Fever says:

You may not want to believe it, but that doesn’y mean it’s not true. Ted Bundy had friends and people who cared about him. So did John Wayne Gacy and Dennis Rader. Serious suggestion, read about sociopathy and the mask of sanity. Many serial killers, rapists, and sexual predators live double lives.

19. ppd says:

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? We don’t know the whole story yet, he has the right to a fair trial and we shouldn’t assume guilt. It’s unfair to him and especially his family to attack like this.

20. Truth guy says:

I think you should all stop making idiotic responses about something YOU know nothing about. You don’t know what happened. Your hearing one side of the story right now. All we know are a few facts. That he is a family man. THat no one that knew him could see him doing this. That he has never been arrested for anything before in his life. That he owns his own business. And that he was arrested and is being ACCUSED. This is still America, and you are still innocent untill PROVEN guilty. wait for the facts to come out before you make idiotic statements.

1. Fever says:

This is absolutely amazing to me. Because he owns a business and has a family means he’s incapable of evil. Start reading more. There are numerous examples of seemingly respectable people doing very wicked things

21. Donald Duck says:

maybe he was going to buy her to save her from her drug-addict mother?

… not.

Castrate him.

22. argyle says:

wow! i cannot even begin to wrap my head around this one. he was going to buy a 10 year old girl? I can’t even begin to imagine (or even want to imagine) what he would have done to some poor 10 year old girl if he was able to. maybe he will do the world a favor and hang himself in his cell.

his poor kids and his wife … living with such evil and not knowing it. they have to change their identities if they want any chance at a future.

1. ppd says:

Why drag his kids and wife into this?

23. captbillsdaughter says:

disgusting pig. he should never see the light of day ever again. a 4X3 cell with just a slot for a window about 15 feet above the floor and locked in 23 hrs 45 mins a day. why are the owed anything more. his family should change their name and get an order of protection against him. i feel badly for his kids, they are going to be bullied/badgered because of him. good police work. justice for the victim(s)

24. Grey Maverick says:

Monster….Wolf amongst the sheep.

Comments are closed.