NEW YORK (CBS 2) – Tony Tantillo with a easy to make dish you can whip up tonight.
1 can chickpeas
1/2 cup chicken stock
6 oz. grape tomatoes
2 links of hot Italian sausage
1/2 lb. pasta shells
6 oz. Italian parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook shells in a pot of salted, boiling water for 7-10 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Reserve pasta and some of the water from pot.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan.
- Chop sausage links into small pieces, then saute in pan until browned all over.
- Remove sausage from pan, then set aside.
- Degrease pan, then add chickpeas and toast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add olive oil to pan, simmer for about 1 minute, then add chicken stock.
- Allow liquid to reduce 50%.
- Continue to cook until chickpeas are soft all the way through.
- Cut tomatoes in half then add to pan.
- Return sausage to pan, then add cooked pasta along with a small amount of pasta water.
- Simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with grated Pecorino Romano cheese and Italian Parsley to taste.
(NOTE: Prep times can vary by equipment. Be sure to check that all ingredients are fully cooked.)