‘Two and a Half Men’ Crew To Get Paid; Sheen Continues Speaking Out
NEW YORK (CBS 2/AP) — Charlie Sheen was back on the airwaves Monday, boasting about plans to sue CBS for halting production of his hit sitcom “Two and a Half Men.”
“I am on a drug it’s called Charlie Sheen,” he said. “It’s going to cost them a lot more because they’re on a battlefield and they let their emotions and their ego, basically they strapped on their diapers.”
Sheen, 45, said he’ll seek millions for “mental anguish.” “They’re trying to take all my money and leave me with no means to support my family. It’s not rocket science,” he said.
On how he plans to win the suit, Sheen said “with zeal and focus and violent hatred.”
Meanwhile, Warner Bros. spokesman Paul McGuire confirmed that the crew of the show would be paid for four episodes, but declined comment on Sheen’s claim he’s pursuing further reimbursements.
Sheen told The Associated Press that he was not satisfied with the crew payments, saying they should be paid for eight episodes. He said he was not concerned about his own paycheck.
Plans for a lawsuit came as Sheen demanded a raise from nearly $2 million an episode to $3 million for a show that may or may not even exist anymore.
“Cause I’m underpaid right now sure,” he said. “I’m tired of pretending I’m not b-tching a total friggin’ rock star like from Mars.”
A much more controlled Sheen appeared on CNN with host Piers Morgan Monday night.
The 45-year-old admitted he was warned by CBS President and CEO Les Moonves to curb his erratic behavior before the network pulled the plug on his show.
Morgan asked Sheen if he would apologize to Moonves, to which he replied “yes.”
CBS executives canceled the show after Sheen lashed out at the show’s creator Chuck Lorre.
“I just thought you wailing on me for eight years that I could like take a few shots back. I didn’t know you were going to take your little ball and go home and punish everybody in the process,” he said.
Sheen didn’t t deny his hard-partying past. “It was epic. The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards, all of them just look like droopy-eyed, armless children.”
However, Sheen said he’s clean now. “I blinked and I cured my brain, that’s how. Everybody has the power.”
Besides a raise, Sheen said CBS owes him an apology. “They owe me a big one, publicly, while licking my feet,” he said.
Psychologist and addiction specialist, Dr. Harris Stratyner has his own theory for Sheen’s erratic behavior.
“You’re hearing grandiosity. You’re hearing omnipotence And that’s very typical of somebody who has mixed bi-polar disorder,” Stratyner told CBS 2’s Hazel Sanchez.
Sheen also took two blood tests for interviewers and both came back clean, suggesting he has not used drugs in the last 72 hours.
Sheen, who has had problems with drugs and alcohol in the past, made headlines in New York last year, just months after pleading guilty in Aspen, Colo. to misdemeanor third-degree assault after a Christmas Day assault on his second wife, Brooke Mueller Sheen.
On Oct. 26, 2010. , Sheen was hospitalized after allegedly tearing up his room at the Plaza Hotel after a night of partying — tallying up at least $7,000 in damages to the suite. Sheen was not charged with any crime. Capri Anderson, the woman who was found locked in the bathroom of Sheen’s suite, filed a complaint with police stating that Sheen was violent toward her. However, police had said that Anderson was never in any physical danger.