News

Teen Pleads Guilty In Connetquot High School Plot

View Comments
Connetquot High School (credit: CBS 2)

Connetquot High School (credit: CBS 2)

TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES

From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.
Sign Up

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — The girlfriend of a teenager who had planned a Columbine-style attack on his former Long Island school has acknowledged her role in the aborted plot.

Dana Saltzman, of Commack, pleaded guilty to conspiracy on Wednesday. She is to be sentenced May 4, when she’s expected to get five years’ probation.

The 17-year-old was released without bail. She was not a student at the targeted Connetquot High School last June.

Her lawyer said her boyfriend manipulated Saltzman to participate in the plot.

Christopher Frank pleaded guilty to the same charge last month and was sentenced to three to nine years in prison.

He also admitted in 2007 to an earlier plot to attack the school. He was sentenced to a year in juvenile detention in that case.

“Mr. Franko and Miss Saltzman were going to purchase shotguns and then on June 10 they were going to enter Connetquot (High School) and were going to begin to randomly shoot students, faculty and staff,” Suffolk County Police Sgt. William Doherty said back in June 2010.

What do you think? Leave a comment below…

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View Comments