White Students’ Racist Rap Video Stuns Brooklyn Community

Clip Starts On Facebook, Moves To YouTube & Firestorm Begins

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Blacks, women and Jews are all targeted in a disturbing rap video, made by four local teenagers.

On Wednesday new action was taken to punish those responsible, and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

It’s a case of “high school hate,” and CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman has the story.

RELATED: Controversial Anti-Abortion Billboard In SoHo Removed | Schools Chancellor In Hot Water Over ‘Sophie’s Choice’ Comments | Westchester GOP Cuts Ties With Alleged White Supremacist | Teacher Fired For Ripping Students, Blames Facebook

Four Stuyvesant High School students made the video and sent it around to some friends on the school’s internal Facebook page. The lyrics are racist, anti-Semitic and anti-women.

Somebody sent the video to Breanna Celestin’s inbox. She’s a student at the school. The students who made the video are all white. The young woman is black. Her mother expressed her disgust on Wednesday afternoon.

“Up to this moment, I have not spoken about this publicly. But we feel that it is important to do so now. It has been a very difficult and traumatic time for Breanna and the family,” Veronica Celestin said.

As every student at Stuyvesant now knows, Breanna showed the video to a former student, Alexis Marie Wint, who put the video on YouTube. What resulted was a firestorm. Guzman spoke with her via Skype on Wednesday afternoon.

“Having gone to the school, I’ve had personal experiences with that, so I knew nothing was really going to be done if it wasn’t publicized,” Wint said.

Also on Wednesday, other mothers of students joined Breanna’s mother outside Stuyvesant. Vickie Davie’s daughter is a senior.

“She’s had several instances of racial incidents as well as being called ‘the N word,’” Davie said.

The Department of Education has started a disciplinary proceeding that could result in suspensions and on Wednesday brought in the Anti-Defamation League to start the first of what will be three six-hour sessions at Stuyvesant.

“These are not just words. These are words that can hurt. And they do hurt. And they really affect the climate at the school,” ADL New York Regional Director Ron Meier said.

The video is viral and the story has gone public. Now there’s a school that has a lot of work to do.

Disgusted by this? Please offer your thoughts in the comments section below.

Comments

1. Justadad says:

If it is racist and I do not know , not hearing the song. then this news outlet should be equal in voicing the rap music of people of color. These young men are only mimicing and copying a style of music that is endeared to the black community ( thier peers) and as such it falls under freedom of speach. If our Atorney General Eric Holder does not see it fit to go after the Black panthers ,Who or what gives anyone the right to hold these children to a higher standard? race hate and baiting is part and parcel to the Democrate Machine here in NY . They learn it from their teachers , who teach a muliticultural ,Bias based classes. When If they,the cities of THE USA and Public School teachers desire unity – They address each and every student as AN AMERICAN(if they are) and base their progress on their “content” not “color” and the same hold true to what ever God they choose to have. IF IT IS Good for america and her people . Then by all that is great – Let these kids sing with equal voices to another until The TEACHERS and THE POLITICANS start talking about America and Values , Not bi lingual ,Not BI sexual Not nothing but EQUAL as Americans . THEn these misguilded youths will learn that WE are in this togeather as Americans. So do away with the PUBLIC School system and their teachers of hate. Get a voucher and go to, No RUN TO the nearest non-public school you can get your kid into and defund thsi disgrace of a Democrate-Union supported anti-american and family system that parents HAVE TO send their children to.

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

@ Justadad… Once again, Hip Hop comes from a very real place, so I take it these boys are hate filled racist, who support economic and social racism.

1. Lee0521 says:

Just like Obama and his supporters support both. Right? Black gangs are targeting and attacking innocent whites in the streets of America today, does that bother you? Do you consider that to be racist?

2. Clemdane says:

Yes, a place of REAL hatred of women and AUTHENTIC hatred of gay people. Wow, how pure and real and authentic that is.

2. Axe-Victim says:

Those mothers have every right to complain, but before I take their complaints to heart I would like to know what’s playing on their stereos and kids’ iPods. Did they ever buy an NWA disk? 50 cent? Or any of those other rappers that spew hate, demean women and throw the “N” word around.

2. Fooling says:

I’m not sure what the issue is, SCOTUS just reinforced Americans right to free speach, no matter how insulting it may be.

1. sumday says:

I think that is soon to be reviewed, it seems more and more that freedom will be chipped away at- and yes it started with hate laws- you can’t tell me you can say anything but you can’t feel that way! Everyone was for outlawing hate- while that sounds good- hate is an emotion (how do outlaw and emotion?) and emotions come before speech- you can not say anything without first feeling or thinking it- so if hate laws are justified then hate speech must also be illegal- for if it is illegal for me hate (the emotion) then it must also be illegal for me to speak hate bc I could not speak hate unless I first felt hate, (if 1 is illegal so is the one that comes from it)- As more people become inflamed and offended and the speed that it can occur with social media- just wait it will only take a few times of viral hate speech to inflame some idiots into action and the public will demand something be done so that doesn’t happen again (same way the hate laws came about) and that will be the beginning of the free speech restrictions. at least that is what I think is coming.

1. wes miller says:

Soon to be reviewed??? Who the heck do you think will review it?

3. BlackWomanStuyGrad says:

@John who said that “No jews or women are protesting”. You are a perfect examples of why diversity workshops need to be implemented everywhere. The fact that you don’t recognize Black women as WOMEN is disgusting and reflects the racist defeminization of Black women that is so deeply ingrained in popular american thought.

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

I could elaborate, but Very well said and great observation.

1. Muh Lips, muh lips, muh lips says:

TripleBlackandBeautiful…..in a pair of L ip Plates.

4. StuyD says:

The test has NOTHING to do with racism. It is a racially-blind exam that tests students on reading, logic, writing skills, and mathematics.

As to what the boys did, it was absolutely stupid. Does it accurately reflect how things are at the school? Not at all!

1. David Wade says:

You are right about how the “act of stupidity” doesn’t relect how things are….what does is how the school responds to it. If this kind of behavior is nothing new to students of color….that is a huge problem. That definately reflects poorly on that schools practices.

1. Stuy Alum D12 says:

Mr. Wade, as a recent alumnus, I am confident that Mr. Teitel, the principal, and other school administrators are taking the right steps to make sure nothing like this happens again. When I was a student, I disagreed with a lot of the polices he made, but looking back, they were all to improve the school. Although not as strict as Bronx Science’s principal, he has ratcheted the rules and students often grumble about how strict the school is. Rest assured, he and other school members will take proper action.

5. John says:

Ok these kids made the video off school grounds I assume. The school has no recourse and the kids should sue if the school attempts any punishment.

1. David Wade says:

Wow…..what a defense. It was circulated from the schools network…. not to mention bullying happens off school grounds. Should schools still turn a blind eye? What a idiot. IT WAS WRONG!!! Handle the problem before this kind of behavior becomes the norm like it was during Jim Crow.

6. JoeZ says:

I’ll buuy the song!

7. Bob Averack says:

As a 1974 graduate of Stuyvesant H.S., I am appalled by the stain these four young men have left on the brilliant reputation and tradition of MY beloved alma mater. The positions put forth by these extremely misguided children are far more than inflammatory – they dishonor the thousands of African-Americans, Women, and, yes, Jewish-Americans who share my alma mater and who went on to make extraordinary contributions to the world community. Furthermore, they dishonor the entire Stuyvesant community, regardless of one’s gender, race, religion, or any other means of categorization, who stand by a 100+ year tradition and who celebrate diversity as core as one’s DNA.

As such, I call upon the administration of Stuyvesant H.S. to call a General Assembly of Solidarity to honor diversity and repudiate statements such as those made in this rap video. I further call upon the administration to ask these young men to face their fellow students and explain their motivation and rationale. Finally, I would ask that four Stuyvesant alumni appear on stage to hear what these students have to say, and to remind them of the value of a Stuyvesant education for all students. The four alumni should be as follows:

Tim Robbins ’76 – renowned, Academy Award-winning actor, director, writer, and activist
    Lisa Randall ’80 – one of America’s most highly-honored theoretical physicists
    Eric Lander ’74 – co-discoverer of the Human Genome and science advisor to President Obama
    Eric Holder ’69 – Attorney General of the United States of America

One white man, one woman, one Jew, and one African-American – fellow Stuyvesant alumni who represent the best in each of us.

1. Stuygrad says:

I think that is a wonderful idea. I appreciate your ability to evaluate the situation as well as propose a step towards rehabilitation of the school.

2. Huh? says:

Tim Robbins and Eric Holder represent the best? You have my sympathy.

1. wes miller says:

LOL! That’s good.

3. JR says:

Eric Holder is nobody to brag about, being an extremely bigoted individual who supports racial favoritism for the same reason as the KKK…too stupid to tell the difference between a stereotype and a human being.

8. Dale Burns says:

I notice the ADL is strangely silent when blacks make racist rap songs and videos about raping a white woman and cutting her throat, or gunning down police officers and smoking crack.

Mr. Bond is correct. Anti-racist means anti-white.

1. Stop Lying says:

What song was you listening too, never did any black man would make a song like that, I mean really, like he would get away with it….REALLY?

1. Donna Sayles-Corbin says:

They pass this stereotypical BS amongst themselves. They haven’t heard a song about raping white women and they know it. But what these folks are NOT reading is that this was done at school; a school with zero tolerance. And they’re supposed to be the superior race. Yeah, okay.

2. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

Dale Burns… this is not the Jim Crow South YET! So I would have to demand you prove that allegation and present the proof…

And Why do you people think black men Rape Caucasian woman? I damand proof of the rape of Caucasian woman by African American men as well.

3. harlem going ham says:

i never heard of that rap song about raping any woman. I’m a Black Harlem Professional Engineer. I grew up listening to rap music and watching the Godfather moives too . I want to share to this with my fellow americans. I was down south, in the early 70’s and the KKK was marching, i asked my grandmother, “why do they hate me so much?” She replied, in America we have freedom of speech son, but some people are here to show you how not to be.” My father’s best friend was a big white brother ( my father called him his brother) they fought the Nazis in WWII together, kept eachother alive. God bless them both. lesson of the day: our haters love to see us divided, just ask the taliban Lastly, rascism is taught and the lessons start at home.

9. Ian says:

Meanwhile, all the thousands upon thousands of “hate whitey” and “stupid and/or uncool white boy” movies, tv shows, print articles, advertisements, and rap videos continue, unabated, with nary a peep from the so-called “anti” racists.

1. Dale Burns says:

When you know who owns and runs the media and Hollywood in this country, then the reason white men are depicted as stupid and effeminate becomes crystal clear.

2. Grim Reaper says:

When you know who owns and runs media and Hollywood in this country, then the reason white men are depicted as stupid and effeminate becomes crystal clear.

1. Gerald Waldman says:

Wow, “two” different people with EXACTLY the same thought 5 minutes apart! BTW Who DOES own and run the media and Hollywood? Rupert Murdock? Ted Turner?

10. rah low says:

Nothing but a bunch of punks. Hopefully this will not hurt their chances at the ivy league…haha

1. StuyAlum says:

I don’t think it will. We and the other schools still love our fellow Stuy students/alums
      xD

11. jerseyjoey says:

CBS thought you believed in freedom or speech, well Prove it you liars.

12. jerseyjoey says:

This will end when you Vote Out Democrats and Liberals Whom Hate Whites and rather have the Minority Vote, Vote Republican is a Vote for your freedoms Back. So there you have it CBSNY my agenda is out for all to see, how about yours, Humm.

1. AB says:

@jerseyjoey: A lot of African Americans are Republicans as well. Hmmmm? What does your race have to do with your party? Are you on the correct blog Genious?

2. just saying. says:

Hey. wasn’t GWB a Rep? Wasn’t he the one who started the PA and all of that? just saying.

13. jack says:

But every day of my life i have to hear BLACK PEOPLE say racist things on subway about whites…..not a day goes by in the 20 years ive been taking the subway that i don’t hear overhear a black person bashing whites….or intimidating whites based on color…

1. Donna Sayles-Corbin says:

Now you see how blacks have felt for decades! Welcome to the club.

1. Yeah, right. says:

So let’s keep it going. Think that’s what MLK would want, right? Stay classy!

2. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

Do you confront the racism? If not then shut the hell up!

1. clemdane says:

Oh great idea, confront someone on the subway! Wonderful advice.

14. Noddy says:

Blacks can make and enjoy racist rap against Whites and make a bundle. What about “Ghostface Killah”? You can stick your anti-white bull. New times are coming. You’re pushing us too far.

1. Garrod says:

What about Eminem heh!?

15. Charles says:

I suport these persecuted young men.

16. Vlad the Impaler says:

Why are white people held to a different standard? Blacks have been doing this for years without a peep from liberals. What a bunch of hypocrites!
    Anti racist is code word for anti white and this is proof.

1. M says:

I guess because the black people making racist rants don’t often expect to be taken seriously in politics whereas it’s totes cool for ‘conservatives’ to try to pretend like there’s white males and everyone else doesn’t matter.
      I’m a white woman and holy moley, I am disgusted. By the video and by half these comments.

2. Garrod says:

Ask the ancestors I guess, read that boring history book who knows maybe that might answer that question. There is more to life than just your experience or there would be no point in life. To some people especially now however their life and time is all that matters, which is probably why the world is headed to Hades.

17. BlackWOMAN says:

The fact that you totally discounted the Black women who were in the video clip as women is disgusting.

1. JeSuS says:

You are all disgustingly the same. It’s ridiculous. You are all the same. Even if you don’t act like it, you are still deep down the same nasty people.

2. YabbaDabba says:

There is no point in even discussing this. Oh well they said words. Punish them fairly and deal with what they said. If you complain about racism and discrimination you are weak and a coward. If you can’t deal with issues like these in society and you have to complain about it then just kill your self. Quit wasting your time. Worry about YOURSELF. And if most african americans would change the way they act. (THE WRONG WAY) Then some people wouldn’t hate you. Hm people have ALWAYS had problems with black people. I WONDER WHY. They wouldn’t be like that if there wasn’t a reason.

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

@ YabbaDabba… Let me get this right. Caucasians, Asians, Latinos ect… all Act the right way and African Americans act the wrong way?

People have not ALWAYS had problems with black people, Caucasians in America have ALWAYS had problems with Africans and all people with melanin… Why is that?

18. Steve says:

This is really sad.

I am a graduate of Stuyvesant. I do not remember stupidity like this – people were largely tolerant.
    With respect to low black enrollment, that’s not really an issue for the school – either you pass the test and get in, or you don’t pass (and you don’t get in). Race has nothing to do with this!

50 Cents – for your moronic comments, you are clearly NOT a Stuyvesant grad.

19. Lou S says:

As a Stuy Grad myself (81), I’m not surprised. It’s the same elitist BS I had to deal with as a poor white kid going there

20. Jerseyjoey says:

LOL, so what is in the Video? Terrible Liberal Story Here. And You CBS or the Media Can Spout in the Media your Agenda but Thats Ok, Freedom of Speech Goes Both ways unless you a Blood sucking Liberal. Only mistake these Kids Made was using School assets to make it, they shoild have did the editing and posted this video on a private account.

21. edma says:

only 3% are black because black and hispanic kids prefer to go to the smaller specialized high schools where there is a larger mix. (if they pass the specialized high school test) Black kids do not like to go to sty because they know it’s a racist situation. Sty was not my son’s first choice on the high school test and this was 8 years ago

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

@ edma… so this school is KNOWN through out the New York area as a racist haven? Is that correct….

See what African Americans and Hispanics fail to do is collectively exercise power and shut this racist institution down if they are not willing to follow the laws set forward for public institutions.

22. Dee says:

Only 3% blacks? I’m sure it’s not the schools fault. Black America always blaming the white man for their woes in life.

23. crazy cracker says:

Isnt it amazing how the blacks can make rap songs against whites? Why the double standard? How come my kids can be called cracker and thats okay but if we say monkey its racist?

1. Garrod says:

Because of Eminem that’s why he showed that it doesn’t matter what color you are you can say anything in rap and still be chill. Paul Wall too, don’t get it twisted and thank that there are no White rappers who crack on other white people and any other color. Perhaps if you get your head out of the years of your youth you would see and understand this.

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

Eminem is who these guys are emulating. Remember Eminems “Basment Racist Hip Hop Hour” with him and his Friends would rap racist hate fulled raps about Black Woman in particular and Public Enemy and others in general… When he was 16 yrs. old.

So Eminem is the inspiration for these boys.

24. Murray Hill says:

“The mothers also questioned why the enrollment of African-American students at Stuyvesant High School is less than 3 percent.”

Because there’s a basic intelligence test to get in. That’s why. Anywhere that there is a fair test without any type of unfair bias to allow certain races special treatment, you will find this same result. The truth hurts sometimes.

1. Garrad says:

Isn’t it good to know though that we all have the same capacity to be intelligent on the same level and that it comes down to applying yourself or not instead of a skin tone issue.

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

So your saying that the grammer school education of the Caucasian and Asian students that test int this school is equal to the education received by all the African American students that tested as well?

So this school is proof that the brain of African Americans is flawed, deficient and incapable of retaining all the education they received at their equally great grammer school…

How did they pass the exams at the equally great Queens Bridge or Harlem school and can’t pass the Stuy exam?

And Yet no one admits to the existance of a system of educational racism,,, Which leads to Economic Raism and Political Racism… and finally Social Racism… it is a well oiled machine this racist system is.

2. Charles F. Bolden, Jr. says:

Post pictures of Charles F. Bolden, Jr. everywhere. He was appointed by Obama himself to be the new NASA Administrator. African American students should be looking up to Mr. Bolden, as the shining exemplar. He is a success by any standard.

25. Graham Bond says:

@Osama cares:
    Exactly right. Where was the outrage over the Kanye West video, with the beheaded white woman?

There was no outrage, because anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

1. Roze says:

Exactly.

2. Greg says:

I think you had your head in the ground at the time. There was a ton of outrage over the Kanye video. But I think this is consistent with the rest of the teabagger mentality. Selective memory.

And did Kanye go to Stuyvesant?

26. Bob Averack says:

@John – This Jew sure the hell is! But I’m not protesting because I am Jewish – I am appalled by the stain these four young men have left on the brilliant reputation and tradition of MY beloved alma mater, Stuyvesant H.S. The positions put forth by these extremely misguided children are far more than inflammatory – they dishonor the thousands of African-Americans, Women, and, yes, Jewish-Americans who share my alma mater and who went on to make extraordinary contributions to the world community. They also dishonor the overwhelming majority of Stuyvesant students, parents, teachers, administrators, and alumni who celebrate diversity in their lives each and every day.

As such, I call upon the administration of Stuyvesant H.S. to call a General Assembly of Solidarity to honor diversity and repudiate statements such as those made in this rap video. I further call upon the administration to ask these young men to face their fellow students and explain their motivation and rationale. Finally, I would ask that three Stuyvesant alumni appear on stage to hear what these students have to say, and to remind them of the value of a Stuyvesant education for all students. The three alumni should be as follows:

Lisa Randall ’80 – one of America’s leading theoretical physicists
    Eric Lander ’74 – co-discoverer of the Human Genome
    Eric Holder ’69 – Attorney General of the United States of America

One woman, one Jew, one African-American, and fellow Stuyvesant alumni who represent the best in each of us.

1. Stuygrad says:

Might I also suggest having some more recent graduates, who may or may not be of such distinction, to come in and speak about the obstacles they faced at Stuy, how it affected them and what they hope to see happen in the future. One of the major problems is that a lot of the current students don’t even believe these issues of racism, sexism and antisemitism exist! Past students sharing their stories could be extremely valuable.

2. Walt Dukehart says:

You are proud of Eric Holder ? ! What are you – NUTS ? !

27. Nowswimback says:

Yeah free speech until a White person does it. This video shows that there may be hope for the youth after all.

let’s see some more videos like this

1. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

@ Nowswimback… You want to see more like this… but what if the four guys are black and they are speaking of your Caucasian daughter, granddaughter or niece… would you still feel the same way?

28. RC says:

Also.. REALLY well written article. the author could probably take some writing lessons from Stuy students. And to agree with Zack, admissions is based off of a test…so that last statement is completely off base. This happens at every high school, the media just love to call out Stuy any chance they get.

29. Don Juan says:

Just goes to show that even smart kids do dumb things.

30. John says:

No jews or women are protesting.

1. Bob says:

Lisa Randall ’80 – one of America’s leading theoretical physicists
      Eric Lander ’74 – co-discoverer of the Human Genome
      Eric Holder ’69 – Attorney General of the United States of America

2. Sarah says:

Did you not see the Black WOMEN in the clip? Your total disregard for their womanhood is ridiculous and disgusting.

3. scott says:

thats because they are busy working

4. M says:

yeah cause if you can’t hear them they don’t matter! I am shocked at all the racist ignorance in this comment thread. But i guess i expect more from people who like to talk about how they’re the best.

31. The New Yorker says:

I do not agree with any type of racial / sexism / religious discrimination but when an article is written about someone who is a racist, sexist or religious discrimination, it’s always about a white male intruding on the rights of others. racism is discrimination based on race. sexist is prejudice or discrimination based on gender.And religious discrimination , speaks for itself. Blacks, women and Jews discriminate also ! Whenever a white male disagrees, the very first thing is ,he is a racist or a womenizer or anti semitic. The media and goverment bend over backwards for minorities( i think is a racist word in itself ), women and religion groups. If people continue to be pushed they will act out . Maybe these kids had enough of taking the blame for everyones problems. They have the right to express themselves , as anyone else is.

1. Sarah says:

Well said…

2. Garrad says:

Perhaps but when you fail to remember what history has shown happens when we get lax on our awareness of each other then it has shown that the white male has been the stickler of oppression. Then again maybe the historians just got it all wrong.

32. Alex says:

How appropriate – Black History month gets closer to Black History Year and EVERYONE is ENCOURAGED to be racists…….but Whites aren’t allowed to be. Time for Whites to stand up for themselves.

1. AB says:

@ Alex: Hmmmm….. I can’t even comment that sounds so ignorant.

33. Linda says:

Freedom of Speech is for white people too 1st Amendment Rights

34. Zack says:

Completely irresponsible sign-off, admissions is race-blind, as everything would ideally be. And yes, I’m a Stuy graduate.

35. 50 Cents says:

But it’s ok for blacks to make racist rap videos.

1. New YOrker says:

You know what 50 Cents, you got a point there….. I am not saying this video is right. But you have a point…….

2. Donna Sayles-Corbin says:

Yes they can because they are NOT using a school’s intranet to do so. Now What?

3. TripleBlackandBeautiful says:

Post the HTTP to the racist rap video.

Racism is a collective ideology… Show this racism in rap.

36. J says:

There is such a thing as protected speech. I don’t know if this falls under it.

37. Joe says:

Yes, I’m disgusted that the editor who wrote this headline for the venerable CBS News organization doesn’t even know that Stuyvesant High School is in Manhattan, not Brooklyn. Or maybe you just assume that all Afirican-Americans live in Brooklyn.

38. Stophating says:

Nope just the ignorant ones. Sounds like the black guys are getting all the white girls and these guys are being bullied and can’t get invited to any of the cool people parties. I hope their continued presence in the school does not cause a lot of trouble for the other students. I know I would not walk to close to them. I guess they will be picked up and dropped off from now on that is if they are smart.

39. JasonS says:

Sounds like a storm in a teacup. Black kids are walking around this city openly using the n-word and other racial epithets and are outspokenly racist against whites, Jews, Asians and everyone else not black. They rap it, they say it, they scream and shout it. When the black community starts doing something about its own widespread racism, then I’ll give a s*** about 4 posh white kids.

1. Garrad says:

I bet you watch T.V. more than you get out and socialize with people whether they are white or non white. Perhaps you should get out more and realize there is bad and fad in every group. It’s just easier to affix a bad stigma on a group that has throughout history had a stigma to them because of the tone of their skin. Do you consider Eminem a racist, or Paul Wall, or Kid Rock.

40. herodotus says:

We are all Human Beings…and until we learn to respect one another our Planet will be plagued by wars. Something that we need to teach all of our Children in the future.

41. nathan says:

Everybody hates the smart kids don’t they?

42. M.Choi O'Reilly says:

Most students are now Asian.
    Only the smart students survive and these 4 are not
    part of that student body.
    Bye Bye guys!

43. nick says:

I am very disgusted by this story! Let me say before I explain that nobody should be making videos like this regardless of who they are.

What upsets me is that there is no big news stories when the BLACK rap stars say the “N” word in just about every song they make, or if you watch music videos the women are portrayed as objects and even more defamating. What do they get for that? Suspended from school? Record contract pulled? No they get millions of dollars.

It is a shame that these kids are getting the 3rd degree only because they are WHITE, and we all know in this country you are only racist if you are WHITE. If a white person says the “N” word he gets his butt kicked or is labeled a racist, if a BLACK person says the “N” word he is cool or its a BLACK thing!!

1. Frank says:

Nick, are you responding to articles about black rappers singing about killing white women with the same indignation and disgust? Why don’t you go picket a gangster rap concert with your message of peace and understanding? No, you save your outrage for white people and turn a blind eye to anyone non-white.

2. Garrad says:

@nick nahh I have seen plenty of black kids call each other the N word and get their butts handed to them, I don’t know where you socialize. I don’t see Eminem getting his contract pulled because he used the N word trust me he has I listen to rap and all things under the sun that my mind can tolerate. You know back int he 80s a lot of rock groups ie white snake, poison, kiss etc protrayed women as objects, what do you think taste your sweet cherry pie and chick in a red dress meant. Rap didn’t introduce this perception they only used it and well when you unmask the word mystery it just stings a bit harder.

44. Lev Zilbermintz says:

Big deal, less than 3% black students. It is all a case of where the school is located. If the school is located in a neighborhood where there are few blacks, then don’t be surprised that black enrollment is low. Moreover, perhaps some families cannot afford to send their kids to this school?

45. Confused says:

Now, really! We’ve had thirty plus years of sometimes overtly racist, homophobic, anti-semitic, gangsta, female-demeaning rap music, and now you want to shake your fingers at some students for doing what so many races have done with impunity and sometimes great financial reward. Really?! This is just as stupid as Arizona allowing more liberal gun laws in the face of the terrible shooting they’ve just experienced. People you really need to develp some insight into your mental state. In the words of C. Bukowski, “There’s no reality here.”

46. DeborahC_WA says:

Hate in this country has been ramped up by so much hate speech by those who don’t like President Obama. It is disgusting that grown adults like FOX news announcers,Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and other GOP and Tea Party supporters as well as the conservative right are demonstrating hatred towards anyone different than them. To me they are simply cowards!! The hatred displayed by the politicians and certain media types encourage kids to be like them. It’s the old “If they (the adults) do it and don’t get in trouble for it then it must be alright” is NOT acceptable. Hate speech and racism have NO place in America and those who say otherwise are simply foretting where trhey themselves may have come from. Students are copying the adults they are exposed to in the media and in their own families. I see it every day and it is sickening.

1. REVOLUTION TIME? says:

Racism is everywhere we all know that is a fact….also racism and discrimination is spewed on from ALL sides every where that is a fact….from white, blacks, Hispanics, Asians everyone….from our politicians, religious leaders, school system, our families etc. etc.

It is high time for a REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!

LETS STOP THE HATING THE DESTRUCTION FROM ALL SIDES, LET RID OUR SELVES OF THIS CANCER THIS EVIL IN OUR SOCIETY AND EVERY WHERE..IT WILL TAKE ALL OF US TO ACCOMPLISH IT!!

LET IT START ONE PERSON AT A TIME, LET IT START WITH ME AND MY FAMILY….

47. Vera says:

Being a black woman who was gone to an all white school, there are bound to be a group who are hateful. I think it is a problem if you are the minority at any school that is predominantly one race (all black, all hispanic, all asian, etc…) there are going to be nasty comments made and usually there can be violence directed towards the minority as well.

I am happy their ignorance was brought to light and they will be dealt with justly

48. Ray Powell PhD says:

Black Entertainment TV, EBONY, NAACP, United Negro Collage Fund, Black History Week,Miss BLACK America, bla, bla, ba…. Whites cant act out? Its ok for the Blacks to do what they want because they were “USED” and other races just have to sit back and listen to them cry…what’s wrong with this picture? Oh yeah, Im a black American

1. Garrod says:

Hmm lets see read American history, and British history. Oh yea also remember those examples of black America used to not exist in this country, and if you are truly a black person perhaps you would like to not have these monuments to the advancement of race in America. Then again it sounds like you like self hatred so be to you your own delight I prefer not the company of purgatory.

49. mike says:

So if you’re a mid-west church you can say ANYTHING you want, but NYC students have no freedom of speech. You can’t pick and choose what is “free speech” and what’s not. It’s all protected. I smell the ACLU lawyers getting closer to their front doors!!!! I hope they sue the DOE and the city.

50. manny says:

i really would hurt these 4 young men i am also African-American and those words hurt

1. Jen says:

Typical black. Someone says a mean thing about you, so you have to bash their head in.

1. KPJ says:

Typical white bigot retort……………

2. Frank Korne says:

Agreed. It is time for whites to band together to protect our rights as a minority.

2. Garrod says:

@manny it’s not that serious you don’t say that you would hurt people because of words. They are young and kids and well they posted hate on a school server with their identities. They are labeled for life in this day and age because they have to go through it not knowing if the person in their future will remember the video they made about race,women and ethnicity.

Comments are closed.