DeMaurice Smith On WFAN: NFL Offer ‘Worst Deal In The History Of Sports’

NEW YORK (WFAN) – DeMaurice Smith joined Mike Francesa on WFAN Thursday for a long interview that focused on the negotiations between the NFLPA and the NFL owners.

“The NFL publicly projected by 2027, they want to have revenue numbers of approximately $25 billion,” Smith said. “If we would have taken the worst deal in the history of sports, by the time they are making $25 billion off the backs, fingers, and legs of our players, our share of all revenue would be somewhere around 25%.

“My simple question to you as a fan of this sport for a long time: Does that sound fair?”

Listen Now

Comments

1. ned says:

i’m a telephone man and I don’t think that “our share of all revenue” is anywhere near 25% of what the industry makes.

2. Dan says:

Find a new hobby and save a TON o money.

3. Bob in CT says:

The reason they all make so much money is because there’s so many people that can afford to “waste” $20,000 on a PSL. Some of us can’t afford health insurance, forget obscenely priced PSLs. I don’t begrudge anyone for wanting to make more money. Many will complain about the players and/or owners. But when they finally come back to play most will forget all about it and shell out another 20-grand for a PSL. Complain, complain, complain, here take my money. LOL

4. SCS says:

I just want to know if DeMaurice Smith cares about the $20,000 I wasted on a PSL. Isn’t that what they signed up for when they decided to play the sport. Is he really asking the sports fans to feel sorry for these over paid players. I’m sorry I never see any of them give the money back when they have a terrible season. I just know I have to pay top dollar to watch them. So stop crying and sign the deal!

5. KPMc says:

For people that are struggling to pay their bills $6.5billion doesn’t sound fair. It sounds ludicrous. For a black man involved in professional sports he ought to be more careful about throwing around the phrase… “worst deal in the history of sports”.

Pick up a book and read a little history… then read a newspaper.. then go and see what looking for a job is like these days you moron.

You should all choke on your billions.

1. G says:

Or maybe not? The owners are already BILLIONAIRES! How much more do they really want. Now I’m not saying the players are fighting the battles of everyday people like you and me but while the owners continue to live with billions, they demand MORE billions? While the players bash each others heads in for the sake of barely making a million a year unless you are a star at your position? Smith is right. This is unfair because it’s the perfect example of the rich and everybody else divide in this nation. Billionaires continue to make more billions while the rest of us stand pat while expenses continue to rise.

1. KPMc says:

They all need to be taken down several pegs and unfortunately I’m pretty sure that WILL happen when our entire economy collapses in about 20 months.

Not going to be pretty for anyone but least of all the well-heeled that have no idea how to live without a ton of money.

Comments are closed.