Bronx Woman Punched Into Coma Over Parking Spot Regains Consciousness

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Bronx woman who was left in a coma after being punched over a parking spot has regained consciousness.

Lana Rosas, 25, suffered a critical head injury when she was allegedly assaulted by 35-year-old Oscar Fuller.

Fuller told CBS 2 in early March that he “did not know…that she was physically hurt.”

Parking space rage

Parking space rage victim Lana Rosas' car. (Photo: CBS 2)

Words were exchanged between the two, and then, Fuller said, Rosas threw the first of several punches.

“Bang, bang, bang, bang, she’s just hitting me, hitting me, and I’m like ‘whoa, whoa,’” Fuller said. “So I hit the girl, jump back in my car and pull off.”

Rosas’ family told a different story – that the petite, 100-pound woman was hit so hard that she flew off her feet and landed in the street.

Fuller pleaded not guilty to assault charges on Thursday. He remained free on $100,000 bail and will be back in court on May 26.

Comments

1. SoSo says:

So this guy Fuller by his own admission went out looking for trouble.

“According to Fuller, the alleged incident on February 25 started when he saw Rosas standing along East 14th Street in the East Village. She was physically holding a parking space for her boyfriend, who was circling the block.

Did my Fuller need the packing space. I guess not, because after he punch out this person her took off.

’” Fuller said. “So I hit the girl, jump back in my car and pull off.”

If he didn’t need the spot why stop a look for troble to begin with.

I am sure that if it was a 6 foot, two hundred pound man holding the spot for his girl friend this would not have happened.

Premeditated throw the book at him. This type of behavior has no room in our society.

1. ricktheruler says:

First off that woman (according to Fuller) hit him multiple times before he hit her ONCE. Secondly the man had his face opened up by a box cutter in high school. After going thru that you don’t want it to happen again. You can go onto worldstarhiphop and check out a recent video of some dumb guy who was too noble to hit a chick before she attacked him….she sliced him in the face on a subway platform. Don’t think because someone is smaller or a woman they can’t seriously injure you. If she hit him she deserved to get hit, period point blank.

2. Jimmney says:

Perhaps not known to many people is the fact that you have a lot of women in the inner city who are real trouble makers. My suspicion is that this woman held the spot for her boyfriend and proceeded to hit this man “knowing” that it would bring her boyfriend in to follow up with something worse. I know for a fact that you have these women who love to watch their thug boyfriends beat up or kill someone. They have looks to die for but they are very evil. Nevertheless it is an unfortunate incident, I think
    he simply should have just driven away.

3. Jessica says:

Okay, seriously people. Some of you are just being ignorant. The point here is not the fact that he hit the woman, it is that he is either lying about only hitting her once, or that he hit her with so much force that it caused her to fall into a coma! That is insane! If a woman is attacking you and you honestly fear for your life, then go ahead, hit her, shove her away, protect yourself. But to use the force that this man used was unnecessary. And why did he get out of the car in the first place? He should have rolled down his window, told her that she shouldn’t be standing in the parking spot and left if an argument ensued. I am not blaming him for hitting her back, she obviously deserved a little something, but he is not without fault as well. I bet they both learn a lesson from this.

4. Alix says:

If she was hitting him, why didn’t he call police and file assault charges?

1. Think says:

Next time I am getting beat up, I will ask my assaulter to please give me 45 seconds to dial 911 and then they may continue beating me after I complete my call.

2. Real Man says:

Real men don’t call the police…we fight back!

5. Jack Black says:

All of a sudden you biatches don’t want want to treated equally anymore???
    Equal rights amendment in effect here. She can punch him and when he hits back, he’s the bad guy???

1. DCLaw-1 says:

This has nothing to do with rights. (Also, as a side note, the Equal Rights Amendment was never passed). The law also requires you attempt to walk away. Only if you are faced with imminent and unescapable threat can you claim self defense. But, at the end of the day, he hit a 100 pound women hard enough to put her in a coma. He is pathetic.

6. satansbuddy says:

Wow there are a ton of masoginistic a%#holes on this board with really bad grammar! No and i’m not talking about the language either- I can handle a few bad words, or more. “why woman don’t think before they hit men….” Post continues implying the plural, but using the singular form…worse than the grammar though is the implication that its alright for men to hit women. No I am not one of those people who think it is always wrong either…but its over a parking spot…come on. If she murdered a family member of the man or hurt his children- by all means- hit the b*&^%. Life is short, take a deep breath and keep driving…Why do so many men on this board agree with this guy? He really gives men a bad name.

1. MCJNY says:

Well I dont agree with either party’s actions in this case. I think that the men here are responding to a societal change that creates a double standard. Women are supposed to equal with men but still expect to be afforded the benefits of the old system of inequality. It’s doesn’t work that way. Nor should it. equal means equal. That said. not one person did what they should that night. She really shouldn’t have been holding a space with her body. it’s against the law. The guy shouldn’t have even engaged her to the point that it came to violence. In the end, it’s a parking space and shouldn’t result in life or death or prison for someone. imo

1. satansbuddy says:

Are there any witnesses?…i agree with you both parties ARE wrong here. I am glad someone has enough moral integrity to realize that all and all considered-this was over a parking space, and never should have escalated to this level…what is this world coming to? Scary.

2. Female Opinion says:

Its not simply over a parking spot. It was over her behavior and her action starting the fight. Attacking grammar is basically admitting you have nothing else to add. I think you give people a bad name. I am a female and I condone this beating.

1. satansbuddy says:

Funny. No hon, you are the one who gives people a bad name (you encourage violence, road rage and woman beating). Commenting on poor grammar makes me really f&6$ing evil! Throw the book at me sweetheart. Thanks for the laugh though!
        Perhaps you missed my other comments…He could have thrown something at her for her “behavior”, flipped her the bird, called her the C word…but putting this biatch in the hospital- purely unnaceptable!

3. badman says:

Your unintentionally ironic criticism of someone else’s grammar makes it difficult to take any of your opinions seriously (whatever they are).

if you’re gonna go of on someone else’s grammar, then spell correctly, and maybe use a more decent, readable writing style. It’s MISOGYINST. And all those ellipses (“…”) are an annoying little crutch.

And “it’s” is a contraction that’s short for “it is.” If you leave out the apostrophe (as you did), it becomes a possessive.

Gonna take someone to school? Know what you’re talking about in the first place. You’re the b1atch. Mine.

7. Moral Truth says:

The victim Lana Rosas is 100 percent at fault here.

Mr. Fuller was simply going to park his car in a parking spot when Ms. Rosas (who was acting ungrateful to other motorists trying to park their cars)physically stood in an open parking space which is illegal.

Mr. Fuller needs to file charges assault charges against Ms. Rosas who instigated this entire incident by physically attacking him and thats the moral truth.

1. C.J. says:

From now on she will know better then to start a fight with anyone.

8. Bill says:

License plate EVL KITY says it all. Case closed.

9. Her Fault says:

She deserved it. 1) You can’t hold a spot period anywhere. 2) You don’t mouth off to anyone. 3) You don’t drive around a car with a label “evil kitty” 4) I wouldn’t trust anyone in that neighborhood from a 10 year old cute girl to a skinny little woman trash here.

Its a tough neighborhood. Survival of the fittest.

1. satansbuddy says:

I really don’t find your comment cute or funny….you are an A#@hole. A woman deserves to be hit so hard by some loser (who is probably just another trashy woman beater who beats his wife/girlfriend) that she flies into the street??? Come on. Okay tossing a slurpy in her face, or some car garbage to make a point- I get that…There may be some hurt feelings over that- but no permanent damage. Its a F*&^ing parking spot!!! Drive your lazy fat a*& around the block and get another! Sue that mofo for all his money- oh wait he probably has none cuz he probably has 16 kids with 6 different women.

10. M. Robie McMann says:

Her life as she ages can produce the dreaded Parkinson’s
    disease from this injury, a brain injured like she has had is
    sort of like”It ain’t over till it’s over” .
    There will be a trial to see who is at fault.
    My fortune cookie I keep in my wallet for many years
    says”Anger is a bad counselor”, true ,how true.

11. Bigbrostyx Walls says:

Thank God the young woman came out of the coma.

12. Bigbrostyx Walls says:

God is good!

13. finau says:

you have no right to hit anybody what so ever!!!

1. Bill says:

Not true. If it is self defense you can. A police officer told me this.

2. frank says:

Uh, yes, I do.

14. ricktheruler says:

1. scott says:

No question about it, you are 100% right. Very sensible comment you made. One of the better one’s I’ve ever read, frankly.

1. Rpm2085 says:

I agree with both of you guy’s. Women know they can play off of a man when it comes to the law. There are a lot of women who lie and have men locked up for no reason by making false acustions of assualt, rape,being stalked. She got what was coming to her if she put her hands on him first. look who was in jail. The man not her and she most likely assaulted him first.

2. Tyler says:

I understand what you’re saying but the key is to not put yourself in a situation like this to begin with. Who knows what REALLY happened but the bottom line is that if either one of them would of just walked away, none of this would have happened. A lot of things in life not worth getting into a fight about, one of them being a parking spot.

1. ricktheruler says:

Yea but it happend. at the end of the day…it could have been an argument and nothing more… she should have kept her hands to herself

15. Rick says:

Why do you keep saying allegedly? The man has admitted to hitting her.

16. Medina says:

If the women did indeed run off in the mouth, he should have walked away. it was only a parking spot. THERE IS NO JUSIFICATION FOR WRONG!!!! HE ALMOST KILLED A HUMAN BEING OVER A PARKING SPOT R U PEOPLE SERIOUS.

1. The Truth says:

umm…yea parking spots in NYC is like gold..think about it!
      ps. you prob don’t drive

2. satansbuddy says:

Amen!

3. satansbuddy says:

That did not come out clearly- the amen was for Medina!

17. tony says:

Why woman dont think before they hit men.Go to video and see how these woman are acting nowadays.I for one dont think a guy who can make $100k bail, jumped out of his car to beat up a 100 pound woman.Video will confirm. Anyway where did this holding a spot BS come from?????

18. Tuffguy says:

Did you get to read what her car plates say? “EVL KITY”.. Guess she messed around with the wrong dog.. Just glad to read she’s getting better.. Lesson learned for both of them..

1. White Jackson says:

Yeah she mess with a Gay

1. satansbuddy says:

Was he gay? I certainly hope so. Not the kind of mofo we want procreating.

19. Jose L Munoz says:

That a – hole was wrong. period. The guy in this picture.

1. LeRoy says:

The dude was defending himself from that rican.

20. The truth says:

NYC people! Girls…woman if thats what you want to call some of them. if she could open her big ass mouth…then prepare to get someone react on it! end of story.

21. Soap says:

Equal rights !!

22. L says:

If you want to be treated like a lady…act like a lady…if a woman wants to act like a man, then prepared to get knocked out!! Why didn’t the boyfriend stand in the parking spot and let her circle the block? People just dont THINK…

23. Shiney says:

and if she is pointing a gun at him? should he not hit her then either?

People need to think before they act on all levels.

24. EricG says:

He is going to get it now.

25. Mr. Rosas says:

Oscar Fuller is 1 RELIEVED S*O*B right about now. Maybe you won’t punch women anymore you P*O*S!

1. LeRoy says:

The dude was defending himself from that rican…

26. nyc says:

There must be some surveillance cameras on east 14th ?

Comments are closed.