Teen Stabbed, Killed In The Bronx Over $10, Sister Says

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A teenager was stabbed and killed early Saturday morning at a party in the Bronx.

LISTEN: 1010 WINS’ Kathleen Maloney reports on the brutal beating

At 1:21 a.m., police responded to a 911 call at 1908 Bathgate Ave. in the Tremont section of the Bronx. Upon arrival, police found 17-year-old Damien Martinez, of the Bronx, with a stab wound to the chest.

The victim’s sister, Starleena Vargas, told The Daily News that he was attacked for trying to get his $10 cover charge back from the party, which they were kicked out of. Vargas said he was thrown on the floor, hit over the head and then stabbed with a kitchen knife.

EMS responded and transported Martinez to Saint Barnabus Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

There are no arrests at this time and the investigation is ongoing. The family is hoping that witnesses will speak up, but some don’t think that will happen because the perpetrators may be gang members.

Comments

1. CeeCee says:

i didnt kno him buh my friend useto date him .. im sorry for your lost to his Mom and family members .. people are so ignorant i swear.. but REMEMBER ” GOD DONT LIKE UGLY “.. i heard alot about the kid.. and i have alot of respect for him. they say the life we live is just a dream all of this is in our head .. and when we die we wake up to start a new life. hes a very handsome kid and his smile melts my heart. tears come to my eyes when i read about wah happen to him. to his pregnant girlfriend im sorry this happened to you. buh at least a piece of him is left behind and inside your child lives Damian. LOVE LIVES S.i.P DAMIAN JAY MArtinez ” THE SKY IS THE LIMIT !❤

1. CeeCee says:

someone else i kno cauqht a cloud that looked like the heart he Draws .. hes moved on .🙂 Have fun up there😉 i’ll be looking up.

2. SmiiLesz says:

I DONT KNOW THIS BUT FROM THE LOOK OF IT N WHAT IVE BEEN HEARING HE WAS A GOOD KID , READING THIS MADE ME SHED TEARS CUS HE LEFT A BABY ALSO HIS FAMS … HOW YA THINK THEY FEEL .. NOMATTA HOW MUCH BEEF U HAVE WIT SOME ONE NOBODY DESERVES TO DIE N ALSO A 17 YEAR OLD COME ON HE REALLY DIDNT EVEN LIVE LIFE SMMHH THE PEOPLE WHO DID THIS GONNA PAY REMEMBER WAT THEY SAY KARMA IS A BI**h … RIP DAMIAN

3. so sad says:

It doesnt matter how it happened and etc…… The point is that he is gone n his family n friends r mourning for their lost…. I remember him allways having a great big smile with his two pony tails…. Wow he is really gone …… You will allways be in our hearts DAMIAN ….. S.I.P

4. so sad says:

It doesnt matter how it happened ….. Its the point that he is gone n the theres no way that he is comin back…. He allways had a smile no matter wat …. S.I.P Damian …. You wil be truly missed….

5. Grey Garcia says:

AYO BUT REMEMBER THE HATE THAT YOU SPIT OUT TODAY WILL BE KARMA FOR YOUR ASS TOMORROW! ….IF IT WAS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER AND SOMEONE ELSE HATED THEM AND WISHED THEM THE SAME YOU WOULDNT LIKE IT……REMEMBER GOD DONT LIKE UGLY SO WATCH YOUR BACK CAUSE KARMA WILL BE COMING FOR YOU AND YOURS!

6. mike AKA heart.... says:

MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY FOR HIS MOTHER AND FAMILY…YOU GUYS HAVE A DEEP STRONG FAMILY STRUCTURE…IVE ALWAYS ADMIRED THAT…I REMEMBER LA LA(HIS GRAMMA) always giving me advise as a little kid…grew up and seen this young boy as a happy three year old…so sad…and to those whom have opinions about how the boy was raised…mind yours, i knew his mom and she was straight edge, and a great mom…you guys dont know them…the whole family is tight…since i was young ive witnesses their strength and love for eachother…he was a good kid in a bad situation…youd see it differwnt if it were your own child lost…have respect for their loss…smh…again…my deepest sympathies for the family…this is a very sad t
    Thing…

7. Telz says:

When u do dirt dat shyt always come back 2u…I don’t wish death on nobody.. But like I said what come around goes around…. Too damn bad

1. becca...r.i.p bestie says:

you are a sick person!, how could you have the guts to say something that stupid while people are devistated towards his death? have some sympathy and respect! imagine it was your kid! or family member!

2. mrivera says:

this is and always will be damian jay martinez mom,one day you will have a family,i hope and pray this will never happen to you..

3. susana says:

you disrespectful for this , have some respect he does have a mother & a family that reads this , thats wild rude let him rip you have no typa right saying something like dis about anybody he was loved to bad you probably hatin❤

8. justice says:

how can you even think to say that when the father of that child is dead? he would have provided for and cared for that child, and now he can’t/ you don’t know either of their situations, so you should look into that before you judge!! what ignorance!!!!!

9. tisha concepcion says:

hiii everyone this is tisha i went to school with him crazy thing was i saw him b4 he died and we talked he told me alot b4 he left i cried cuz we use to lke each other when we were little funeral is tuesday ortiz 149 3rd ave tuesday 2 to 9 wed 3 to 9 damn at least i got to say good bye but never had to the chance to tell him i loved him n to be safe lost my chance

10. 1608 says:

Uncle tom

This is for your lips and all outhers who think as you.

Put your lips here:

)( and here )( and here )( I know you like it so keep going. When you’re done you can give us a lap dance.

Sorry to the family and friends.

11. RIP Cheese says:

You sir are stone hearted, don’t you realize how rude that is, they were in love and it’s not his fault this happened. He and his girlfriend and his family didn’t deserve this! and you won’t make it any better!

12. HooDatIS? says:

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! I AM FED UP COME ON BLACK PEOPLE LETS GET TOGETHER AND STOP THIS VIOLENCE! COME ON NOW
    VISIT MY BLOG

13. James says:

Under the law, 17 years old is still considered a child. Where was parental supervision? What did this child do to deserve to be kicked out of a party at 1:21 a.m.? Why could he not have just accepted that somehow his behavior led to him being removed? Like many business, don’t expect to get your money back once they have it. I agree the stabbing was senseless, but remember there is always two sides to every story.

1. sk says:

a 17 years old was killed! it doesnt matte4r waht happened before. nothing should lead to soemoen being killed, unless its out of self defense! you sound rediculous! yoou cant try to make excuses!

2. Jae says:

Obviously james u DONT kno wat ur talking about!! NO ONE deserves tht especially a young boy.. DONT belive everything U heard in da PRESS.. eva thought he was set up? Let his fam mourn in peace..R.I.P Damien..

3. ruby says:

first of all all the kids got kicked out he wasnt the only one, dont talk you dont know anything s.i.p Damian

14. Edward T. DeVoe, Sr. says:

When caught by friends and neighbors they should be hung from the nearest Lamp post with a note attached warning other tough guys that this is their fate when caught.

15. larry woods says:

There just doesn’t seem to be an end to this, why? For $10.00!! Or any amount of money for that matter!! Last week it was 18y/o Andre Pitts, and now this child! I did not know either of them but that does not prevent me from feeling a sense of loss, too. They both could have been whatever they wanted becasue their respective ages 17 and 18, screams potential! Potential! Potential!. I am sad for their respective families too. Their pain can only be fully understood if those rendering comments have been where they are now. God bless you all. We have got to find a way to stop this. Our young men are dying all too soon and it’s in our neighborhoods, not in a “WAR ZONE”. Sad. Too sad.

16. mrmikeknows says:

Nothing good happens after midnight on the streets.

17. William Rights says:

Using the language of gunbanners: a knife kills a child. Is it time to start talking of banning knives? Or is this a case where the person, not the object, is doing the killing? Is a knife just a tool that can convey lethal force?

Like a gun.

Or does it have magical powers where it can kill by itself (like you think a gun does)?

18. Tokyo Lee says:

S.i.p Damian you with God & we gonna miss you!

19. Ed G says:

Instead of people doing the usual RIP ritual, why not voice your opinion to the politicians that represent the districts with gang violence. Helen Foster, Ruben Diaz Jr, Serrano, where are they on all these deaths being committed by gang members in the Bronx.

20. Dwain Jones says:

to the family and friends: These 2 consoling songs “Goodbye For Now” and “The Love” will help ease the pain. cdbaby.com/brothereugenejonesc

21. Nick L NYC says:

{{{i hate hearing about these trajic sencless chaotic happenings.Most of all i cant stand that its happening to our youth}}}

Only the ones who live in the hood. Same thing happens in every city. You don’t hear about these stories happening to ‘our youth’ in Scarsdale, Greenwich CT or the Upper East Side? Do you???

22. Genesis Francisco says:

Damm mi nikka cheese is gone nd it breaks mi heart 2 hear find out dat ur gone…We will alwais miss ur smile,laugh,Corney jokes n forever more ur funny personality..I will alwais remebuh d daii i met u wen mi n couple of friends went 2 d pool ..DAM!!! Sleep in Paradise bro.i no u will b smilinq down on us everydai ..Although it hurts mi dat ur Gone on earth it brinqs a sliqht smile on mi face dat i no ur UP in heaven…A betta place den where u were……Gone but Never forgotten ..❤❤ :(((( Tag up in heaven bro i no we'll c u soon
    -Smiles :'((

23. Smilesss says:

-Smiles :'((

24. yari says:

i love u damnn gone but never forgotten u forever had my bac gettin me outta trouble n now u gone is crazy how i was juss maccen wit chu the other day its like comon now how u take of all people u some messed up world so i love u cheeze SIP sorry for your lost family😥

25. Sanford Hall says:

The BIG Apple is where all BI crime lies on a daily basis. It is all to common to hear of death in violence as a way of life there. Young men and women who have no regard for precious life. Stems from the up-bringing and environment they come from. I pray to god that the violence and tragedies stops so people can feel safe on the streets.

My condolences to the family of the young deceased may your sorrows and pain be healed by the man above for he’s the only we can count on in times like this. A son has been taken away, a brother, a father, a nephew, a friend, a relative, a young man and most of all a human life which will never be returned. May his soul rest in peace forever more.

26. MERCEDES SOBRADO says:

R.I.P DAMIEN IM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH ..

YOUR SIS..MERCEDES..

27. kendra says:

THIS IS HOW THE NEWS MAKES THERE CLIENTEL LIST…BUT I HAVE HEARTFLET CONDOLENCES FOR HIS FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS..

28. BC says:

I’ve lost count of the number of times that CBS has misspelled the name of the hospital…it’s St. Barnabas. Not ‘Barnabus.’ Check your facts, will you?

29. Rebecca says:

News like this always breaks my heart..so young and now he’s gone..ppl nowadays needs to choose their battles and use their head, 1 senseless act and ppl’s lives are destroyed forever. Hopefully justice is served and I pray the teens of today make a change and value their own lives and the lives of other ppl..god bless the family and rip Damian..

30. a concerned american says:

doesnt matter if it was a puerto rican an afro american a whiteperson a person of asian descent its just a shame that the youth of today have no regards for a human life and have no idea how many people are affected by 1 senseless act

31. melissa says:

your comment is beyond ignorant… FOOL

32. tyler christine says:

I love u chesse and you were like the most protective bro I ever had wish I was there protecting you as u always did to me. Rest in peace sweetie no more pain

33. Zelly says:

I lost my bestfriend my brother I love you bby boy and I will always keep my promise I made to you

34. Peter Gunzz says:

cant believe i juss lost my brotha iluu bro ill see yuu on dhe other side SiP Damian aka Cheese

35. Rod in says:

1608? What kind of no name gang is that???
    Stupid home boys proving my point as usual.

36. Shakira Gonzalez says:

Damian you will be missed it wont be the same without u in school u kept a smile on everyone face worst spring-break it just feel like a bad dream that your dead

37. Shakira says:

38. Diira says:

RIP 2 My brO REALTEE ilovee diis Boy as My Biqq brOvahh iLy nd Yhu always Bee In My Heart ♥ I Jusss wiish dis Never happen 2 Yhu I Juss cant Belivee ihtt ahtt alll ihtts Juss Killinqq Mee Insidee:'( I hate da FACTED! dhat i wass deree nd Couldn’t Do Nothinqq ihtts hurts Cuss we always sidee each Other wen we Fiqht WE ALL MISSYHU BRO nd Yhu always Bee riite heree w| Usss 4 ever nd ever !

39. Jacqueline Rosado says:

Even though Damien was my ex , he still cared for me as much as I cared for him . Can’t believe he’s gone , it’s something I can’t believe . I love him soo much can’t understand . RIP Damien Martinez you will never separate from our hearts and souls😦 love you

40. IZZY says:

RIP MY OLDER BRO CHEEZ WE ALL LOVE AN MISS YOU

41. michael micmassive segura says:

i hate hearing about these trajic sencless chaotic happenings.Most of all i cant stand that its happening to our youth.i didnt even know this kid but but still it sadens me to even know what occured to him.i feel heart broken for the loss of his freinds and family especialy his mother because no parent should have to experience such a thing.this is why we must stop all the hating all the negative feelings toward each other and live every moment embracing life and one another and all the beutifule things it has to offer le acompano su sentimientos a su madre y el resto de su familia y amigos.michael angelo segura

42. Risita Roldan says:

This is heart breakinq I really can’t believe this, it hurts so bad my condolences to his family friends as well as myself. He was very kind sweet & a qreat dancer I wouldn’t ever forqet the time’s I’ve spent with him. We Love & Miss You So Much Sip Bro😥

43. shine says:

No amount of tears can express how I feel:'( Our hearts were taken when they took you from us😦 things will NEVER be the same ! My heart goes out to the rest of my bros,sisters & your fam. We Love & Miss you cheese, SleepInParadise Damian😥

44. tatiana Martinez says:

– he was the love of my life , my everything . He was a sweet kid always kept a smile on his face ; damian is loved & missed dearly , to all those my condolences for your lost & mine aswell , he forever lives within us , we love you damian .

45. shaquria says:

Omgg I can’t believe it I loved him with all ma heart he was a good person why him😥😥 S.I.P Bro😥

46. Rosa Rodriguez says:

Stop your lies. Can’t you all leave him in peace? He’s the father of our child.

1. RIP Cheeze says:

Don’t pay mind to the insensitive fools sweetie, god bless you and your child. Damian was a great person and he can’t be replaced, I will miss him as will many others. I support you and so do a lot of other people. I’m sorry😥

47. Mina Cortorreal says:

You sure?

48. markus rodriguez says:

That was like my broo rip damien I also hate the ambulance for takeing there time and that’s whyy mii bro iss dead we miss him

49. Britt says:

Are you serious?? A 17 year old died, and all you can say is” another day in the bronx”?? Not sorry for the loss to the family or an expression of condolences…nothing..??.thats the kind of insensitive nonsense that you need to keep to yourself. Honestly this is why people have such a smugg view of New Yorkers in general, because they believe we kill and think nothing of it.Such a senseless act , nothing less than tragic. Honestly i express my condolences to the family and i apologize for the inconsiderate nonsense posted by the previous person. This is nothing less than a tragedy, and from the sounds of it he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time on a friday night.

1. 1608 says:

wrd some ppl have no heart at all..

2. NL9075 says:

It is another day in the Bronx. Maybe if the parents invested more in their kids education instead of at Foot Locker for sneakers & their leased Escalade they could move to a better neighborhood.. Of course the parents & kids would be future welfare recipients

50. Mike Hunt says:

Yawn. Just another day in the Bronx.

1. The Dog's says:

You ignorant mother !@#$r
      I hope you never have to go feel the pain this family is feeling. may god have mercy on you’r ignorance

Comments are closed.