Mother Opens Up About Giving Birth To 1 And A Half Pound Baby Girl

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Doctors didn’t hold out much hope for Patricia Wipple’s daughter.

Marla Diamond With Another Amazing Story Of Survival

“At first, they told me she probably has Down Syndrome. They told me this means that she may live for one year or she may live for five minutes,” said Patricia.

They encouraged Patricia to end the pregnancy.

“I couldn’t do it,” she said, and she relied on her faith.

Patrica’s son must have sensed something. He wanted a nickname for his baby sister.

“He said ‘I want it to be Hope.’ and I said ‘Okay. Hope it is. That’ll be her nickname.’ and the very next morning my water broke. So, I told my son ‘We gotta have hope now,'” said Patricia.

Bianca Riley Hope Wipple was born 12-inches-long weighing 1 pound 6 ounces and at only 22 weeks.

“I remember looking at her and I said, ‘I can’t even see her finger nails,'” Patricia told WCBS 880 reporter Marla Diamond.

Miraculously, Bianca survived and is developing like any other 1-year-old girl.

“She’s doing amazingly well. She’s a happy baby, loves to hug and kiss and  beat up her brother,” said Patricia. “I really believe she’s here because of prayer and believing.”

WCBS 880 and Walgreens invite you to join us as we team up with the March of Dimes for the March for Babies walk on Sunday, May starting at Lincoln Center. Help fight premature birth. To register, go to marchforbabies.org. Let’s walk together for stronger, healthier babies.

More from Marla Diamond
Comments

1. Mildred Whipple says:

Grandmom Whipple knows without a doubt that there is absolutely nothing too hard for our God. He saved Bianca’s life for a testimony of His will being done. Doctors can go so far, but God goes ALL the way. Prayers and petitions before the Lord is the reason Bianca is here today and striving so well. To God Be All The Glory and PRAISE!

2. Manuela Cortez says:

I am so grateful to have been a witness to the miracle that is Bianca. The Lord saved her for you. She is beautiful baby. Love you Bianca!

3. HARLEM GOING H.A.M. says:

GOD IS GOOD, I’M VERY HAPPY FOR THAT FAMILY.

4. Leslie says:

G-d Bless her. I hope (no pun intended) she grows up strong and healthy and will one day make you a very proud grandmother.

5. Jennifer says:

My girlfriend had twins at just 25 weeks gestation, smaller than a pound of butter, one of the twins died and the other one is now a bouncing 3 years toddler, that is developing like a normal 3 year old! We are so proud of her, and my 2 and half year old daughter loves being with her!

6. Patricia says:

My little girl is 15mo. Now and doing well reaching all of her milestone about 2-3 mo. Behind she has none of the problems that the doc. Said she would, we are so grateful for all the love support and most of all the prays. she is starting to talk (Hi, mommy, daddy, stop, Bianca, baby and Brandon) taking steps but not walking yet.

7. Patricia says:

we are so blessed to have so much love and support

Patricia

8. stevecan says:

my daughter had a little girl 11mts ago and she was smaller thanyour baby she is going to be 1yr old may io and she is weighing 26lbs.so i just would like ito tell you with love and hope and a whole lot of prayers all will be ok a proud GRANDPA

1. Patricia says:

Thank you!!! so happy all is well with your grandbaby.
      Patricia

9. Marion Nigro says:

good luck, lots of love and many prayers for hope.

1. Patricia says:

Thanks so much!!!

10. Carlos Liriano says:

please let me know how old she is now and how the future looks for baby HOPE

1. Patricia says:

Hi, My little girl is 15mo. Now and doing well reaching all of her milestone about 2-3 mo. Behind. she has none of the problems that the doc. Said she would, we are so grateful for all the love support and most of all the prays. she is starting to talk (Hi, mommy, daddy, stop, Bianca, baby and Brandon) taking steps but not walking yet.

Comments are closed.