Family: He Was Given General Anesthetic Instead Of Local

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — A devastated Brooklyn family was demanding answers Thursday after a toddler died following a routine circumcision.

Jamaal Coleson Jr., who would have turned 2 next month, died on Tuesday, hours after undergoing the medical procedure at Beth Israel Medical Center.

The boy’s family told CBS 2 the young child was given a general anesthetic instead of a local.

The New York State Department of Health is now investigating the case.

The hospital said it is also conducting its own internal review.

Please offer your thoughts in the comments section below.

Watch & Listen LIVE