Free Shredding Event At NYC Parks
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – If you’re looking to get rid of some old personal papers and don’t have a shredder, then head to one of 16 locations around New York City Sunday for the 4th Annual Shred Fest.
WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell In Queens
Shred Fest is a chance to get rid of old bank statements, pay stubs, credit card applications or any other document that contains private, personal or sensitive information.
The free event is Sunday from 10am to 4pm at the following locations:
- Cadman Plaza Park, Brooklyn
- Vincent Daniels Square (in John Vincent Daniels Jr. Square), Queens
- Playground For All Children (in Flushing Meadows Corona Park), Queens
- Arthur Von Briesen Park (in Von Briesen Park), Staten Island
- Ben Abrams Playground (in Bronx Park), Bronx
- Franz Sigel Park, Bronx
- Prospect Park Picnic House (in Prospect Park) West Drive and Third Street, Brooklyn
- Columbus Circle (in Central Park), Manhattan
- 135 Street Lawn (in St. Nicholas Park) West 135 Street and St. Nicholas Terrace, Manhattan
- South Plaza (in Union Square Park), Manhattan
- Brennan Field (in Juniper Valley Playground) 71st Street and 62nd Drive, Queens
- Roy Wilkins Park Parking Lot, 177th Street and Baisley Boulevard
- Flatbush Nostrand Junction, Flatbush & Nostrand Avenues, Brooklyn
- MCU Park Surf Avenue & 17th Street, Brooklyn
- Cropsey Ave. & Bay 29th Street (in Bensonhurst Park), Brooklyn
- Triangle Plaza Co-Op City Blvd. and Rombouts Avenue, Bronx
The first four people with papers to shred at each location will also receive a free shredder from Staples.
For more information about the event, visit http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/2011/05/22/shred-fest.
What do you think of this event? Let us know in our comments section.