Expert Offers Tips For Creating A Family Emergency Plan
NEW YORK (CBS 2) — The images coming out of the Midwest this past week of the devastation caused by severe tornadoes have been frightening and heartbreaking.
The physical and emotional recovery are hard enough and on top of that, there’s the financial recovery.
So are you protected if the worst case senario should happen?
Adam Levin from Identity Theft 911 and credit.com says there are simple things you can do to keep your family ready for an emergency:
- Create a family ID theft protection plan
- Develop a family emergency plan
- Keep emergency numbers handy
- Store irreplaceable items in a safe place
- Record property identification by taking pictures, writing down serial numbers and copying receipts
- Assemble a go-to kit
- Keep cell phones and other essential electronics charged