Deadly NJ TRANSIT Crash At Hoboken Terminal | CBS 2 Video | 1010 WINS | WCBS 880 | Photos | Transit Latest | FacebookTwitter | NJ TRANSIT Hotline: 855-336-1774 | JCMC Hotline: 201-915-2691

Cops: Long Island Mom Stalked, Threatened Little League Coach After Son Was Cut

Janet Chiauzzi, 44, Allegedly Sent Menacing Letters To Coach's Entire Family

EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Here’s an example of someone taking Little League baseball way too seriously.

A Long Island mother was under arrest Monday after police said she stalked her son’s coach and sent threatening letters to his family, after her boy failed to make the team, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

Janet Chiauzzi, 44, was arrested by Nassau County police this past weekend and charged with sending menacing letters, as if written by someone else, to her son’s Little League coach and family in retaliation, police said, for her son being left off an All-Star team. Detective Lt. Ray Cote read from one letter sent to the coach’s 11-year-old son.

“Accidents happen…to your mom, or dad, or sister because of your dad’s stupidity,” Detective Lt. Cote said.

Chiauzzi was arrested Saturday night at her home in East Meadow, and made bail Sunday.  Meanwhile at the Baseball Softball Association ball field complex, Frank Pitone and his son, Kyle, heard about the controversy. The elder Pitone claimed there is sometimes tension inside the Little League.

“When some kids were unfairly treated, because their parents weren’t liked. And that’s one of the reasons why I left,” Frank Pitone said.

“They say it’s all about the kids and all, but there’s so much arguing with the parents and stuff, it’s stupid,” Kyle Pitone added.

WFAN’s Boomer Esiason had a different take on Monday morning.

“Listen, when we go nuts on Long Island, we go all in,” said Esiason, an East Islip native. “That’s just all I can tell ya.”

LISTEN: Boomer & Carton on Little League mom behaving badly

Detectives claim Chiauzzi wrote a letter alleging Little Leaguers had been sexually abused. That was investigated quickly, and determined not to be true.

The Little League board was expected to meet Monday night to discuss what happened.

Sound off in our comments section below…

Comments

1. Former resident of East Meadow says:

She was actually cute years ago. Something happened along the way.

2. DIANN says:

WHAT IS TRULY SAD HERE IS HOW DOES THIS EFFECT THIS CHILD IN IT’S EVERYDAY WALK IN LIFE. PARENTS SOMETIMES DON’T GET IT ! IN SOME CASES LET KIDS HAVE A FAIR CHANCE @ BEING A KID & HAVE SOME GOOD FUN THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME. SOME PARENTS ARE NOT MENT TO BE PARENTS. THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE ! ! (SO SORRY FOR THE KID) !

3. baseballfan says:

little league is suppose to be fun for he kid. parents take it to far and personal if the child doens’t make the team. This will only hurt the child in the long run cause the coaches will know the name. the coach aren’t going to want the child on their team if the mother acts like that. I feel sorry for the child not for the mother

1. Island Flash says:

Its a shame that so many coaches and parents live their pipe dreams through their kids. Having coached and umpired for many years my response to these over aggressive people was do you attend your kids class spelling bee and give the teacher the same attitude because the teacher gave them a word that they couldn’t spell? You can never please the parents. My philosophy was always that everyone got to play if you spent $100 to play then you played $100 worth of ball. The parents whose kids were better complained that they weren’t playing enough and the kids that weren’t that good the parents complained that I was embarrassing them. Go figure. DON’T LET PARENTS NEAR THE FIELDS!!!!

4. Vince Braggadocio says:

Or maybe, just maybe, the coach wouldn’t pronounce mozzarella ‘mootzathell’ and it pushed her over the brink.

5. Katie O'Reilly says:

There’s alot of favoritism that goes on with LI kids sports teams. Many coaches play favorites especially if they are friends with kids parents. It’s sad that it’s not about the kids anymore.

I’m sure this woman got fed up with the unfair treatment.

1. Lisa I says:

Even “IF” she felt her child was treated unfairly.. Does that make it ok to threaten to cause harm to a family?? To threaten an 11 yr old boy that “it will be on him if something happens to his family because of his Dads stupidity”? You can’t be serious with your comment !!! Please … THINK before you write such ridiculous things !!!

6. MommyRules says:

Mommy on steroids is not a good thing.

7. Paul D says:

Thanks Ned. But you should never confuse kindness with weakness. It is an unfortunate mistake.

8. Paul D says:

When I was a kid, I played in little league for the CYO in Astoria, Queens. I absolutely loved that experience and partly because I would come home to my dad and we would talk about the game. Whether we won or lost, he always had a smile for me. And he would even laugh whenever we would get our brains beat in. One thing that I understood was that it was my game, my victory or my defeat. He always showed me what really mattered. He was there to hear my stories. But, more importantly, he was there to provide a roof, keep me and the rest of his family safe and love us regardless of some game.

1. Big head ned says:

Your a loser

1. kathleen says:

Big head-youre the loser

2. shelby says:

Paul,it sounds like you had a great dad

3. Jimmy says:

Same here. Right on .

9. Joe Lacks says:

SHE DID NOT REPSONDE TO THIS INCIDENT PROPERLY, OBVIOUSLY, BUT SINCE WHEN DID LITTLE LEAGUE HAVE CUTS TO THE TEAM?. EVERY KID, UNLESS HE OR SHE IS A BEHAVIOR PROBLEM SHOULD NEVER BE CUT FROM A LITTLE LEAGUE TEAM. THE WHOLE IDEA IS TO TEACH VALUES TO THE KID (SO THEY DONT TURN OUT LIKE THE MOM).

1. KPMc says:

It’s an all-star traveling team. You don’t think those LL teams in the tourney are made up of everyday everyone makes the team and plays kids do you?

10. T says:

LONG ISLAND!!!! MY GOD!!!

11. Jeff Rosen retired NYPD sgt says:

This is news? Must be a slow news day.

1. KPMc says:

You responded to this? Must be a slow “commenting on news stories” day for you.

12. SheIsLivingThroughHerKid says:

That heffer looks loopy and deranged.

13. nathan says:

Thats the mother of the guy who impersonates me on this websits.

14. Jimmy says:

Now this poor kid will never have his chance to make the pros. what a shame.

1. Aaron says:

Or any other team Jimmy. Nobody is going to want to deal with this women (for lack of better words).

15. Mr wipple says:

She looks like a meth head

16. Russo says:

….those who continue to breathe the air of “entitlement”.

17. Enjoy your day, Mrs. Chiauzzi says:

Not only did your son not make the team; you have humiliated him in the media. Good job!

18. First the Gilgo serial killer and now this? What’s happened to my Lawng Eyelind?

Comments are closed.