Gas Station Owner Dies In Confrontation With Alleged Lottery Ticket Thief

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Morris County prosecutors said a gas station owner was killed when he confronted a lottery ticket thief who then drove off and dragged him onto a highway.

County Prosecutor Robert Bianchi said 65-year-old Nisan Ambaroglu of Paramus was helping a customer at the Jefferson Township Gas Station when the incident occurred around 1:15 p.m. Saturday.

After realizing what had happened, Ambaroglu tried to stop the thief from driving off in a sport utility vehicle, but instead was dragged about 100 yards onto Route 15 South.

Ambaroglu, who had owned the gas station for about seven years, was taken to Saint Clare’s Hospital in Dover, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The thief — described as a man in his 20s — remained at large Saturday night. He was last seen in a tan Toyota Highlander around model year 2003 with a luggage rack on top.

Sound off in our comments section below…

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. HARLEM GOING HAM says:

he needs to be dragged till he’s dead

2. LG says:

I’m sure the authorities are running records on every single car that meets this description in the entire tri-state. There are ways to nab this individual.

There were several vehicles at the place. Now I’m curious as to why there are no reports of anyone driving off in pursuit of the “suspect” (as if) or at least following to get more information like the plate number, etc. I’m sure there is an APB on the car, but there has to be more info. about this crime.

My condolences to the heroic Ambaroglu’s family–such a tragedy.

3. Meme Meyagi says:

yes, lets not mention that criminal is black, because you know, maybe that camera is politically incorrect. and we can’t have that.

1. HARLEM GOING HAM says:

THE HELL WITH HIS COLOR , I’M BLACK AND I THINK HE’S A LOW LIFE THAT NEEDS TO DRAGGED TO TILL HE’S DEAD. THE VICTIM WAS A HARD WORKING MAN FEEDING HIS FAMILY.

4. NYC One says:

Arrest all people in their 20s wearing baseball caps and driving tan SUVs! Ignore their race though.

5. Sam says:

We get a year, make and model of the vehicle but nothing on the perp? Really??

6. margie says:

You are disgusting and give a bad name to Gays. I am not Gay but I am sure those that are would not appreciate your comment.

7. Luke says:

I’ll bet if we had concealed carry laws in this state this wouldn’t have happened…. I mean the guy never even would have committed the crime.

8. nana says:

very sad this man was killed helping someone else, how sad,probably worked all his life to get where he was and all is taken away even his life very sad.

9. DIVERSITY = DEATH says:

WHAT ! no descripion of the perpetrator ???
    stormfront.org

johndenugent.com

wvwnews.net ( wester voices world news )

10. Ken F says:

The Big D, I bet you would care if that was your father or grandfather or maybe you wouldnt you low life piece of garbage. What kind of a stupid person named the Big D would post such a stupid comment? Let me guess, The Big D stands for The Big D–khead or maybe the Big Dummy. I can go on but you get the picture. Get a life.

1. Jack Black says:

The big Doochbag

11. UESider says:

What an Ahole you are big D. Too bad you weren’t dragged off and killed.

Comments are closed.