NEW YORK (CBS 2) — It’s important to stay safe when swimming at the pool or at the beach and president of Saf-T-Swim on Long Island Jim Hazen has some swimming safety tips:
- A child should never be left unattended by a pool, even for a minute
- Children and caregivers should learn basic swimming skills and safety instruction
- If you have a pool, put up fencing around the pool, not just the yard
- Use self-closing and self-latching gates
- Have rescue equipment on hand
- Have safety covers on all spas and whirlpools
For more swimming safety tips, visit www.saf-t-swim.com.