Brooklyn Bishop Issues Ban On All Politicians Who Voted In Favor Of Gay Marriage

Diocese To Come Down Hard On State Lawmakers For The Foreseeable Future

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — In the wake of the passage of same-sex marriage, state lawmakers shouldn’t expect an invitation to a Catholic church or school in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Lawmakers who voted for gay marriage should also expect any gift or proclamation to be refused.

Last month’s gay marriage vote in New York has opened up a war between Brooklyn’s bishop and state lawmakers.

Diocesan spokesman, Monsignor Kieran Harrington, said lawmakers didn’t even read the bill or debate the issue before quickly voting during the session’s final night — redefining a centuries’ old institution.

“Our legislators did not do their job,” Harrington told CBS 2’s Sean Hennessey.

Harrington asserted the process leading to the vote “seemed to be very flawed.”

“Because the process was flawed, we believe the legislation passed. If the process had been different, we don’t know if the legislation would have passed,” Harrington said.

WCBS 880’s Alex Silverman With Harrington

Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio sent a letter to diocesan schools and churches, ripping Albany’s corrupt political culture while asking they refuse any distinction of honors bestowed upon them by lawmakers who voted for gay marriage.

Assemblyman Joe Lentol (D-Williamsburg,  Green Point, Fort Green) said he voted his “conscious” and “for equality.”  He then received a letter returning his annual gift to a school’s graduating class.

“I actually feel sorry for the congregation,” Lentol said. “I know the church is not in the greatest financial position.”

Senator Marty Golden voted against gay marriage and said he’s still unwelcome.

“Even though I’m being punished for it, I understand where he’s coming from,” said Golden, a Republican representing Bay Ridge. “It is a little bit aggravating, but I’m going to have to get over it.”

Even if they disagree with the bishop’s position, area lawmakers said they respect the leadership he’s taking on this issue and will obey the ban for as long as it’s in effect.

SOUND-OFF: Agree With The Politician Ban?  Share Your Thoughts In The Comments Section…

Comments

1. nycstan says:

Frankly I don’t care WHAT people believe, as long as they don’t harm others in the process. Case in point is the recent ranting of Brooklyn Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio, with regard to New York State’s adoption of gay civil marriage. Hey guy, I know that you’re full of fear and hatred, and it’s difficult for you to become more and more irrelevant as time goes on. But please…at least TRY to live and let live, and to love and let love…… like your religion supposedly preaches. And for those gays (and others) that STILL attend church services for whatever reason, a suitable protest might be a condom…. slipped into a collection envelope. It’s my subtle way of saying: Not with MY money you don’t, Nick baby! Hmmm……this does however raise a delicate moral question: shall we make it a used condom, and really raise their holy hackles? Do Bishops even have hackles? Whatever, just remember that if you want any EXPERT advice on the topic of marriage, just ask the good Bishop…for a fee of course. Bless you.

2. iggy says:

just curious, what did he call what the priests and altar boys had? oh tha’ts right, they didn’t get married, so it was ok to him. never mind.

3. littlestar says:

Oh Mr. censor ! How I hate u with a passion ! ! ! Already u are blocking littlestar. What an in grone toenail you must be. Luv ya !

1. Rodin says:

The only “ingrown nail” here is you. Get a rest.

4. p8nt says:

I knew the Catholic church would say/do something stupid regarding this new law.

5. straight professional from the Upper East Side says:

Yah, the gay guys that became priests not to get an ASSWHIPPIN’ from the old man!!!! It was an easy way out of COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET in a Catholic household!! But I’m sure that a guy named Nathan know that!!

6. Bill Sherman says:

WOW. This thread is probably one of the more interesting ones I’ve read. Such variety in the responses.

This national debate has such potential that is being wasted- both in the time and money spent. For those that spew the vitriol, well…I’m not going to change you. But wouldn’t is be better to teach your children your values? Learn to speak to the benefits of those values and engage in a dialogue with them? PRACTICE those values? (beacuse 50% in the long run DON’T based on the divorce rate).

I know a few Catholics who consistently practice what they preach. And they are remarkable people. Truly.

I know others who aspire to the teachings, and stumble, yet continue to go through the motions. Somewhat impressive.

I know some who I am truly surprised the roof of the church hasn’t collapsed on them any time they walk through that door! Tells me your god is REALLY a forgiving being!

How about we make a deal? You stay outta’ my bedroom, and I’ll outta’ yours. Let’s agree to age-of-consent, and after that…mum’s the word from all concerned parties?

Problem in the past was that there some on the opposing side that want nothing to do with “me” until I’m near death, or dead. Then they want to sweep in, make their apologies, and clean out my accounts.

The dollars don’t wash without marriage for the long term relationships. And independent counsel doesn’t cover it the same way the “marriage clause” does.

So…that leaves my side fighting for marriage/union/call it what you want….

What do you suggest?

1. littlestar says:

Billy boy ! What fantasy do you have that people like me want to ” be in your bed room “. Does that encourage your thrusting, Is it a catalist ? Dude, none of us want to – be – in your – bedroom… We are concerned about the culture, we are offend by your kiind hiolding hands in public… All men ( people) are not created equal, this is a lie. All those who believe this, live alie.

1. Bill Sherman says:

Holding handa? No big deal. Have never seen a bunch of drunk str8 boys waling down the street draped all over each other? It’s the PDAs that last forever that str8 / gay / otherwise nobody wants to see. I’m not out there waving any flags, marching outside your house or such. If someone asks, I tell ’em yeah…gay guy. if they don’t, then there’s no reason for me to bring it up.

Your culture, according to Webster’s, the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education.

Teach your kids. Engage them.Let them know what you think! Unfortunately I believe it’s nature, not nurture, and history says…there will be gay people. Just HOPE that should YOUR culture choose to exclude one of their own that there’s another willing to embrace them. People have tried to “beat the gay outta'” someone. Doesn’t work.

Other than that…do what you need to within the law, and I’m good with it.

Other than than that, do what what need to withing the law and we’re all good.

2. Rodin says:

Go to bed and play with yourself.

7. Robert Cadalso says:

“F” yourself to the moon and back you disgusting Bishop.

1. sweet cheeks says:

You’ll pay for that sort of talk… IN THE END!!! but then again that could mean that you’d like it!!!

8. Rodin says:

Rabbi’s cover it up better with their wall of silence and their “religious courts”. Hopefully, their turn will come. Sexual abuse of all kinds is prevalent in Orthodox communities.

9. lulu says:

Do we live in a matriarchal society where the woman is head of a tribe or a patriarchal a system of society, government etc., ruled by a man or men and with descent through the male line a nuclear family. Gay and lesbian marriages has desinfranchised a bunch of people including the progenitor, the ancestor of a person. Conservatives from the Catholic Church or correct in defending their position. But in this country, with the housing meltdown, and middle class going to pot, what’s there to inherit an I-POD?

1. Rodin says:

Methinks Lulu is LOONEY. What is she talkin’ about?

1. Isaac Hayes says:

She’s talkin’ ’bout John Shaft!

2. Rodin says:

Oh, now I get it!!!

10. Some Thoughts From A NY Priest says:

As a Catholic Priest myself, I disagree with the Bishops thoughts and actions on this matter. I know countless Catholic Priests from the New York area (and beyond) who are HIGHLY supportive of this historic legislation. Certainly, I would have preferred the word “union” over marriage……and I am very happy that there are “religious exclusions” that will ,God willing, protect religious organizations , groups or various clergy and their affiliates from any law suits. However, I have counselled COUNTLESS gay men and women over the many years of my Priesthood. There is no question that they too should be able to freely live their lives in “unions” that will bring joy and abiding love (not only to themselves but also to the rest of the society AND the church). Sadly, it is my observation that this Bishop is a very controlling individual whose “power” and lording authority has been severely diminished and abruptly deflated. This is why he is unquestionably angry and herein is the TRUE CAUSE for his relentless ranting and raving like a obnoxious bully. The bottom line is: nobody is listening to the Bishops anymore. They have lost all credibilty and are totally out of touch with contemporary society. (Likewise is the Vatican) The days of their power trips are over. People, however, are lsitening to the voice of Jesus as well as the voices of their conscience which call them to be strong in love and fervent in heartfelt compassion. Gay men and women offer so much to the world, society and the variant churches. creativity, imagination, generosity, humor, friendship, empowered leadership enlivened spirituality and abundant
    sensitivity. They offer the gift of their sincere and loving “unions” which reflect the mystery of God’s love, that which brings meaning and purpose to all of God’s children. For the record: I remember that Bishop DiMarzio made a statement ( some time ago) in which he stated re: the gay “marriage” issue: “What will happen next? Will people be marrying their pets?” Can you imagine?? Such a statement reflects the mind of an ignorant individual who needs major psychotherapy. Sorry Bishop: your dictatorial style does nothing more than turn people away from the Church. But it will not turn them away from God or from entering into deeply loving “unions” with one another and the Lord Himself.. Without question, most of the Priests that I know (including countless good men in the Brooklyn Diocese) have no regard for such inane, medieval “bans” that have been so mandated toward various government officials. This will have major long-range consequences when it comes to significant and welcomed aid to our Catholic schools and academie. This will backfire big-time, no doubt. How sad, how pathetic indeed!

1. Sharron Fitzpatrick says:

WOW!!!!!!!! If you truly are a Priest, I will return to the church!!! What a bold and sincere statement to make!!!! Kudos to you!!!!!!! We need more like you…..it is ashame you cannot show your face!!!!!!

2. William says:

NOBODY believes for one minute that you are a real Caholic priest….. at least not just a gay guy who became one to shut up the old man!!!! Sickening!!

1. Some Thoughts from a NY Priest says:

your comment is sad, pathetic and arrogant……and yes, I am a Catholic Priest…..and just for the record, I am heterosexual.

2. Nicholas Dimarzio says:

NOT LIKELY!!!!! You can use any name that you want. try Pope next time, maybe that’ll work!! (sad, pathetic and arrogant- very Priestlike!!) yah right.

11. Primetime Editorials says:

LOL
    mercy mercy me is KPMC u a mess u dunn made me spit out my false teeth from laughing at yo comments
    LOL
    i hope u get u want on a day like this or it might be trouble
    LOL

1. KPMc says:

What??!??

2. KPMc says:

Say What?!?!?

12. Rodin says:

Are Jews any better? “Christians?” Islamists?

13. Rodin says:

This is the arrogance of piety at its worse.

THIS, for those who love to use the word and don’t really know anything about it, is FASCISM in its clearest form, something the catholic church has unabashedly embraced at least since the Spanish Civil War of 1936-1939, siding and colluding with the Spanish despot Gen. Francisco Franco to overthrow the democratically established republic; through the papacy of Pius XII (1939 – 1958); back with a vengeance at the election of John Paul II and into the present reign of Benedict XVI, once of the Hitler youth. Just take a look at young seminarian Ratzinger.

Google ‘fasces’, where ‘fascism’ comes from. It dates back to the Roman Empire and represents the power over life or death, summary power and jurisdiction. It was adopted by Mussolini as the symbol of Fascist Italy. It appears prominently displayed at the center of the logo of the ultra-catholic Knights of Columbus.

It’s the standard and tradition Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio embodies.

1. Bob Fowler says:

Why would anyone who has philosophical differences with an organization be entitled to the benefits of that organization? Nobody is forced to be Christian, not Catholic. The fact that Bishop DiMarzio has stated that anyone who does not adhere to the laws of the Church should not have the Sacraments available to them, is really not news worthy. If you work for the US government, but tell the Chinese everything that you do, it is called treason. Would that be as acceptable as violating the rules of a church?

When you join a church, the laws of the church are taught to you. If you do not want to follow those laws, you are always free to leave. If you claim to be a follower of those laws, yet act in opposition to those laws, should that be overlooked? The fact that someone is being held to their word seems to offend many. I wonder why?

1. Rodin says:

Dissent not allowed?

“People seem to be offended by facts, or what used to be called truth.” – Francis Bacon

2. Bob Fowler says:

Let me suggest a point of dissent, and then you tell me if it is allowed, ok?

I am a prominent member of the NAACP and want to agree with the Klan notion that America should only be inhabited by white Protestants. Would it be outside the realm of reason to suspect that the NAACP wouldn’t want me as a member? Can you tell me the difference between this and what Bishop DiMarzio is doing?

The Catholic Church, as well as all Bible based religions, have clear directives against h omo se xuality. If you don’t agree with that, why would you/should you be a member, or entitled to the ‘privileges provided by them? I am not refuting anyone’s rights to their own opinion. I am just wanting the days to return when Boys Clubs were for boys, and Girl Scouts were for girls. If you knowingly break the rules of an organization, doesn’t that organization have the right to dismiss you?’

3. Rodin says:

@ Boob Fouler

4. Bob Fowler says:

Rodin,
        Was the ‘insult’ really part of your intelligent response? I was going to cry all night after reading that.

If no “sane person submit to the strictures or fantasies of religion”, then what is the problem with a leader of the illogical organization telling deviant that they are not welcomed? I realize your need to deride religion, but, you can’t whine about a doctrinal proclamation, if the religion is fantasy to you. That is, unless you are just trolling to make you feel that people responding to you via this forum makes you a more important person.

I’d love to see you respond via the high road, but, being that you argument lacks logic,, I doubt that you will be able to.

5. Rodin says:

Where’s the ‘insult’? Religion lacks all logic. Have arguments? Show me!

6. Bob Fowler says:

Rodin,

YOU posted “@ Boob Fouler
        The point is, why would any sane person submit to the strictures or fantasies of religion?” Didn’t you? Are you so immature that changing my name makes you bigger? Some would call this an insult, but, when I consider the source, I don’t.

Your claims that religion is illogical would then infer that your responding to a statement made by the leader of an illogical organization, gives that organization, and its points, credence. If acknowledging a decree by an illogical person as wrong, you are either 1) saying that the statement is valid, or 2) you are a fool craving attention, and will say anything to instigate a response (ergo you are a troll).

The Book of Proverbs says “do not answer a fool according to his follies, lest you be like him.”, but in your case, I just couldn’t help myself.

7. Rodin says:

“The Book of Proverbs says ‘do not answer a fool according to his follies, lest you be like him’ but in your case, I just couldn’t help myself.”

Foul is the folly of faith. Boob is for the ignorance of blind faith and unquestioned dogma. I thought Faith would make you strong yet you are, by your own admission, ” I just couldn’t help myself.” weak. You have no arguments to respond to. I don’t accept your Babble as legitimate source for anything. Simple Aristotelian syllogism:

MAIN PREMISE: God exists
        SECONDARY PREMISE: God gave man the Babble through the prophets
        CONCLUSION: The Babble is the word of god
        In order to have a valid argument I must accept your main premise. If not, you’re dead in the water. I don’t. The Babble is bunk

“After coming into contact with a religious man, I always feel I must wash my hands.” ~ FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Here, MY Book of Proverbs:

I love the game!

2. Rodin says:

I’m retired. Too old to die young but not finished learning, what I dedicate most of my time to.

Inform yourself, that you may contribute intelligently instead of limiting yourself to asinine, irrelevant remarks.

14. HelloNY says:

Going to Church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in a garage makes you a car. This Bishop sounds pretty hateful… gee, i wonder why the Catholic Church is losing so many of its followers…

1. Rodin says:

“As a kid, I went to church and all I did was look at women’s hats.”

~ BILL CUNNINGHAM
      Fashion photographer for The New York Times

15. Gadzooks says:

Why is anyone even paying attention to this morally bankrupt institution known as the catholic church? Somewhere, God is facepalming.

16. n says:

KP – Im movin on – Im done posting here as its wasting too much of my time and Im going out of town anyway. Keep fighting the good fight for sanity. .

17. A Very Concerned Catholic Priest says:

As a Catholic Priest myself, I disagree with the Bishops thoughts and actions on this matter. I know countless Catholic Priests from the New York area who are HIGHLY supportive of this historic same gender legislation. Certainly, I would have preferred the word “union” over marriage……and I am very happy that there are “religious exclusions” that will ,God willing, protect religious organizations , groups or individuals and their affiliates from any law suits. However, I have counselled COUNTLESS gay men and women over the many years of my Priesthood. There is no question that they too should be able to freely live their lives in “unions” that will bring joy and abiding love (not only to themselves but also to the rest of the society AND the church). Sadly, it is my observation that Bishop DiMarzio is a very controlling individual (FACT!!!) whose “power” has been diminished and seriously deflated. This is why he is unquestionably angry and the TRUE CAUSE for his relentless ranting and raving like a typical bully. The bottom line is: nobody is listening to the Bishops anymore. They have lost all credibilty and are totally out of touch with contemporary socirty. (Likewise, the Vatican) Their “power days” are over. People, however, are lsitening to the voice of Jesus, to the voices of their conscience that calls them to be strong in love and heartfelt compassion. Gay men and women offer so much: creativity, imagination, generosity, friendship, spirituality and deep sensitivity. They offer the gift of their sincere and loving “unions” which reflect the mystery of God’s love, that wich brings meaning and purpose to al of God’s children. For the record: I remember that Bishop DiMarzio made a statement ( many moons ago) in which he stated re: the gay “marriage” issue: “What will happen next? Will people be marrying their pets?” Can you imagine?? Such a statement reflects the mind of an individual who needs major psychotherapy. Sorry Bishop: your dictatorial style does nothing more than turn people away from the Church. But it will not turn them away from God or entering into deeply loving “unions”. Without question, most of the Priests that I know (including countless good men in your Diocese) have no respect for such inane, medieval “bans” that you have so mandated in your Diocese.

1. A Very Concerened Catholic Priest says:

oops…..sorry for my “typos” : Meant to say “which brings meaning” (not “wich”) and “al of God”s children” should read “all of God’s children”) Apologize…..I type too fast!!!! LOL

2. nathan needs an education says:

Is that right? Well, Mister Stereotyper – I hope you’re not a camp counselor or a scout leader or a gym teacher or undertake any OTHER occupation which might make PEOPLE WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOU judge you to be a pedophile. F***ing educate yourself. And if you do, please re-join society and contribute something positive. Be the change, not the hindrance.

3. Bob Fowler says:

You refer to yourself as a priest, laughable. You are working in McDonald’s telling people to buy Burger King. If you are a priest, you should be aware of the fact that GOD calls ho mosex uality (amazing what must be done for censoring)an abomination. I guess that you know more and better than God?

Maybe the biggest issue that you should be dealing with is the fact that you don’t honor your commitment to God and the church that you willingly joined. By the way, there is also the silly, unimportant reference to the fact that God sets people in power and authority, which His followers are supposed to honor and respect. But don’t let any of this taint your position.

1. A Concerned Catholic Priest says:

How sad…….yor statement is so pathetic, so sad.

2. Rodin says:

I believe in Dogs and that there is no god.

3. Tittering says:

@Bob Fowler

Heh-heh, you said ‘taint’.

4. Bob Fowler says:

Why is my statement “so pathetic”? Is it because it points out the very hypocrisy of yours? You claim to be a priest, yet espouse a position the is diametrically opposed to the church’s doctrine. Who is wrong? The entire church is wrong, including God Himself, but you are right?

You may have any opinion that you wish, but, by stating it as a specific member of a specific organization, where your opinion goes against the very root of that organization, you show yourself as a liar, and a hypocrite.

As a “Concerned Catholic Priest”, how come you take a position against your church? As a priest, isn’t it YOUR calling to counsel the sinner, not accept the sin? When did it become within the spectrum of a preist’s responsibilities to determine the validity of a decree from a bishop? Are we now at a state when the inmates are running the asylum? Or is your obedience only based upon what you deem to be right? I missed that class in seminary, the one that teaches you how to determine which decrees are valid, and which are not.

Again, I challenge you to either reverse your position, and return to the commitment that YOU made to God, or simply walk away from the mislead church that you have grown to despise. If you no longer heed the words of the bishops or the Pope, you already have left, but don’t have the stones to act on it.

18. KPMc says:

Would it really be that hard to block the IP address of the JHS loser that keeps doing this?

1. KPMc says:

No… we have to keep out the immature dolts who haven’t had an intelligent thought in their lives but rather resort to childish name calling, hate-filled diatribes and masquerading as someone else in lieu of a cohesive argument.

When you have nothing intelligent to say you resort to what you know.. schoolyard bullying and name calling reminiscent of a 12-year old. (Apologies to actual 12 year olds who are much more intelligent and mature than you and your friends.)

You are already hiding behind a keyboard and monitor… do you really need to hide further by hijacking someones screen name and pretending you are them? The anonymity of your own chosen screen name isn’t enough to say what you want? Grow a pair!

19. DanTe says:

But it’s ok to rape little boys. Typical religious mumbo jumbo.

1. Primetime Editorials says:

DanTe, u a mess sir
      LOL
      u took the thoughts right out of my darn head
      they make u gay then ban u from the church
      what kind of doctrine is that
      he just got thru doing u good and just because u want more u get banned
      well slap me and call me susie mae

20. danny says:

It’s so great that our churches love this country so much. To the point of keeping church and government separate. (pure sarcasm) I’m so happy I left all those cath-holes.

21. TONY says:

Like I said Religion= HATE

1. Tom says:

well what about all the priest molesting all those young boys………….that seems to be OK with the church…………….

22. robert says:

Adam & Eve were not married.

1. KPMc says:

And Lillith came before Eve… but she was much too independent.

23. Ravi says:

They should be quarantined to prevent spreading around.

1. KPMc says:

That’s not nice to talk about Catholics that way. They are entitled to their opinions no matter how misguided, archaic and hateful they are. That’s the beauty of America.

24. robert says:

Thank God I’m not Catholic!

1. Rodin says:

“Thank god I’m an Atheist!” – DIEGO RIVERA

1. Nose Oyster says:

“Thank God I’m a country boy!” – JOHN DENVER

25. JamesG says:

Will they now have to be married in order to be on their partners medical benefits? If not, then this law is BS and should be removed. This country is about equal rights, not special rights for minority groups. If the gays want to be married, let them also suffer the same way as the rest of us… marriage penalty on taxes as well as having to be married to get benefits… if not, then this law is unfair and should be challenged in court.

1. KPMc says:

Ummm.. that was the whole point of the legislation. Equal rights. Were you not paying attention? It is a MARRIAGE bill not a domestic partnership only for some bill.

1. Dakotahgeo says:

I think JamesG was being sarcastic, KPMc. Slack, man… slack!

26. Xy Z says:

Gays bring nothing to the institution of marriage. Marriage was creaed to help people that made possible the continuation of the human race. Gays do not do that. Marriage was not created to celebrate love. marriage was created to be of supprt to those people that reproduce. Also marriage helps people who create a good environment for raising children. Gays will ruin adopted children’s lives. Gays don’t deserve the right of marriage because they don’t provide or bring to the table the same things that straight people do. If you want the eradicaton of the human race and raising of suffering and abnormal children than you go for gay marriage.

1. -Anonymous says:

>>Gays bring nothing to the institution of marriage. Marriage was created to help people that made possible the continuation of the human race. Gays do not do that.

Implying that lesbians can’t reproduce.

>>Marriage was not created to celebrate love.
      marriage was created to be of supprt to those people that reproduce.

LOL, what? Isn’t that what monogamy is all about?

>>Also marriage helps people who create a good environment for raising children.

Maybe I’m committing abstraction here but, didn’t you just say it’s not based on love?

>>Gays will ruin adopted children’s lives.

You have little to no evidence to back that up and straight couples can raise dysfunctional children too.

>> Gays don’t deserve the right of marriage because they don’t provide or bring to the table the same things that straight people do.

Like what ? A loving and stable home with people that care about the childes wellbeing?
      I think , I can manage that.

>>If you want the eradicaton of the human race and raising of suffering and abnormal children than you go for gay marriage.

Really? Everyones going to stop having kids if two guys promise to lover each other?
      This argument always makes me laugh, are you afraid that if gays are left to live in peace, that everyone will turn gay?

1. Minister Lou says:

“Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and the diseases with which the LORD has afflicted it. The whole land will be a burning waste of salt and sulfur—nothing planted, nothing sprouting, no vegetation growing on it. It will be like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboyim, which the LORD overthrew in fierce anger.” – NIV Christ still Loves you and will forgive you time is at hand. Let the Love of Christ be in your heart He will be your guide.

2. -Anonymous says:

@ Minister Lou

I’m sorry, you seem to have hit the reply button in error, as the entirety of your response has absolutely no reference to the previous post and no counterpoints to my argument.

2. Rodin says:

“Marriage was creaed [sic] to help people that made possible the continuation of the human race.”

I hate to bust your bubble, Xy Z, but humans, even pre-humans, were procreating way before marriage was a thought. You’re the last in the food chain, like last in the alphabet.

27. Redspin says:

I just don’t understand why people are so against giving civil rights to a taxpaying minority who just want to be left in peace to pursue their dreams and happiness, just like everyone else. How will marriage equality ever affect a straight person’s life or marriage? I’ve heard this before and it makes sense: if you don’t like gay marriage, then don’t marry someone of the same sex. Go on with your life and leave other people alone to decide what is good for them.

28. drn says:

@Scott F.
    You will one day spend an eternity in Hell for that comment if you don’t seek Him before then!! GOD bless America!!

1. bfg says:

when you die your brain shuts down and starts to decompose, destroying every bit of information you have stored in it. that’s it. no more of you.

ideas like heaven, hell, reincarnation are stupid under-evolved middle ages peasant mumbo-jumbo

2. Dakotahgeo says:

MMmmmm… I don’t think so, drn! Are you judging a bit? If so, WHO says you will have a front row seat there? Huh? Huh?
      Dakotahgeo, M.Div. Pastor/Chaplain

29. A. Lyon says:

Why? Can you give me a well-reasoned explanation as to why it’s “soooooo wrong”?

30. A. Lyon says:

I imagine your trailer does, too.

31. A.Lyon says:

Keep your opinion to yourself first. If I want ignorance vomited into my eyes from my own computer screen, I’ll boot up some of Fred Phelp’s sermons. God knows I need to kill my brain somehow to understand what thought processes you have that make you think oppression is NORMALCY.

32. A. Lyon says:

I -love- how some people can act as though they have a handle on what’s “normal” and what’s not.

I can play that game, too! Guess what? Believing in an invisible man in the sky who apparently farted out the cosmos on a whim just to hear a bunch of prats begging him for things every day and giving him barely-recognizable lip service in a corrupt institution that has a history of committing more atrocities than any country I know of in modern times, and claiming that “he loves you” while reserving a place full of torment for you…

IS NOT NORMAL.

1. JamesG says:

and believing that we are all just a huge cosmic mistake, that emotions like love are just a weird chemical concoction in our brain and that the ability to think, feel and create through the miracle of our minds came from some hydrogen atoms randomly converging has to be the most self serving and narcissistic idea I have ever heard. But yes, lets blame the church for the actions of individuals in the church, then we can also blame all gays for the spread of AIDs.
      It works both ways.

33. -Anonymous says:

The question isn’t whether I agree with the ban or not, the question is whether it makes a difference that the ban is in place. Honestly dose a ban form any religious organization these days mean anything? Anyone can just go to the church across the street if banned from one institution and then to the next. The religious leaders of this country don’t hold any more influence on daily lives, than what flavor of ice cream to choose when going to an ice cream shop.

The church can get as mad as they want to about this issue, but when it comes right down to it, they only have them selfs to blame. For far too long the church as blamed gays and lesbians for marriage problems without looking at themselves. Marriage has become the revolving door of faith, people passing in and out of it daily, with no thought as to the promise they’re making god.

As a bisexual man I’m often told that if gays and lesbians Marry that it will weaken “traditional marriage” to which I reply “If you want to strengthen marriage, why don’t you make it harder to divorce?” and they seem to fall silent on the issue. I know that this message won’t stay on here long and it might even get me banned form your site for posting it, I know that it’s not going to make it to air. But it is an honest answer and I’m going to screen cap it, just so if it’s deleted I can have a picture, to know that I said what needed to be said.

-Sincerely, your poster of truth.
    -Anonymous

34. mike says:

This coming from a bunch of pedifiles. SIC

35. Bernie Sanders says:

the catholic church teaches us to love one another and forgivness is a virtue ..to forgive is divine .. where is the love and compassion here .. thats why if i had kids they would go to public shcool ~

1. Dakotahgeo says:

Would it be in order to tell the catholic hierarchy to go fornicate itself and then go to Communion to forgive itself?

36. get over it says:

lol….those catholics are crazazy!

this isn’t the middle ages or the middle east…get over it.

37. Linda says:

I am totally against gay relationships period but, for a Catholic Church leader to say anything after all the children that have been molested by priests and clergy, is a little like calling the kettle black. I have never nor I will ever understand why these molesters are not in jail. Someday Judgement Day will come to all. God bless America.

1. Bernie Sanders says:

you need help lady someday you will see the maker and it aint gonna be fun for you !

1. A. Lyon says:

I’m sure she’s seen her parents numerous times.

Oh, wait, did you mean the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Surely his noodly appendage would cradle this woman to it’s meat-and-saucy bosoms.

Isn’t there a passage about how you shouldn’t claim to know the will of God? And even if there isn’t, why would you claim to?

Eh, nevermind. I had imaginary friends once, too. I know how they think.

2. KPMc says:

So you think when judgement comes your Lord will side with the molesters and those that used religion to hurt others while hiding behind a frock? And you think this woman will be in some kind of trouble for speaking the truth?

I think you misinterpreted your spiritual lessons.

3. Dakotahgeo says:

I’m just wondering WHO gave HER a frontrow seat at the Judgement Day? Lady Jane may be weel-surprised if she’s overlooked.

2. scott feingoldstein says:

God Bless America? There IS NO GOD…..its 2011 and people still have imaginary friends…..just shows how unintelligent people are

1. KPMc says:

As arrogant and obnoxious as I find those that think they know all the spiritual answers and spout their dogma like it is fact I find it even more disturbing and sickening when atheists think they are 100% sure. How do you know? How could you know. Are you out to prove a negative? That can’t be done.

Anyone that thinks they know for certain what happens when we die or if there was anything before there was a beginning or what will be at the end is either a moron or Devine. Somehow I doubt you or anyone on this board (including me) is the latter.

It’s ok to have your beliefs but shouting them at others as fact and thinking that will somehow sway them is stupid and naive whether you are trying to prove or disprove the existence of a “higher being”. Not respecting what others choose to believe only reflects poorly on you.

3. Eduardo Rey says:

Since we are all made in the image and likeness of God, what are you going to do when you get to the pearly gates and the image of God that greets you is a big, fat queen wrapped up in feather boas?

1. Rodin says:

“On the sixth day, God created man. On the seventh day, man returned the favor.” — Anonymous

38. Savage Rhymes Records says:

Thank You!. Savage Rhymes. http://www.SavageRhymes.com Bless

39. Mason Jefferson dot com says:

Thank you. http://www.MasonJefferson.com Bless

40. steven says:

Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio IS GAY!

1. david goldman says:

Yes i heard he is too. Apparently god (little g) is dating him and they will be married at the JCC on the UWS.

Comments are closed.