Disadvantage Giants: Plaxico Burress Says Coach No. 1 Factor In Decision

NEW YORK (WFAN) — Plaxico Burress knows what he wants in free agency — and it might be bad news for Giants fans who hoped for Plax back in blue.

Burress told SiriusXM’s NFL Radio that “the head coach is going to be first and foremost” in his decision where to sign next.

“It’s going to be somebody to where, well, you know, he has an open-door policy,” said Burress, according to the New York Post. “I can walk in his office and sit down and talk to him whether it’s about football or life or whatever that may be.”

It’s no secret that Burress’ relationship with Giants head coach Tom Coughlin — if you can call it that — has been severely strained.

“My situation in New York, me and my coach had an ambivalent relationship to say the least,” Burress said in a TV interview shortly after his release from prison on a gun charge. “Some things that I didn’t agree with, with the way he went about things. … This is not college. This is professional sports. If you can’t sit down and go talk to a man that you are busting your tail for, not even have the respect for anything that you have to say, like I said, the only thing I knew then was to rebel.”

Burress said his second most important factor in free agency is: who’s under center?

“Second, it’s going to be a quarterback,” he told NFL Radio. “I’m a wide receiver. I mean, that’s a no-brainer. I’m not going to sit here and say it’s not.”

“Some guys are just happy to go out, get a check, compete, and don’t care whether they win or lose,” added Burress. “Well, I’m not that guy. … I hate to lose and I’m going to put myself into a situation and put myself into a piece of a puzzle where I’m going to make it complete.”

Is there any shot Plax signs with the Giants? Be heard in the comments below…

Comments

1. Chris Ross says:

Giants don’t need him. The whole dynamic of his situation is going to be interesting because after Vick people are going to be more inclined to look at Burress to see what he is bringing to the table. He still has the size and the hands. I guess the question is whether he still has the game.

2. nick gisonde says:

I spent a week writing a letter to Jerry Reese about how I thought bringing back Plax would have a positive effect on our team, especially our locker room. However Plax has forgotten we were 11/1 when he selfishly shot himself and continues to talk about winning another championship.

You can tear up my letter JR we don’t need this tool.

3. blic says:

“like I said, the only thing I knew then was to rebel.”

spoken like a true PROFESSIONAL!

later plax.

4. RICHIE says:

NICE TO SEE HOW HUMBLED PLAXICO HAS BECOME SINCE HIS RELEASE. GUESS HE DIDNT LEARN A THING TAKE YOUR SUPER BOWL RING YO9U GOT FROM THE COACH YOU DIDNT LIKE & GO PLAY IN CLEVLAND OR MINNESOTA. HAVE FUN WITH THAT. MAYBE FARVE WILL COME BACK.

5. dp says:

Plaxico forgets that Coach Coughlin brought him to the promised land…if he did not have that great championship season with the Giants..
    this would be a non topic ….

I am really sick of these athletes…..

6. Hoff says:

Boy these guys need a taste of the real world. He wants a ton of money and someone to pat his behind when he plays well and to ignore any incredibly stupid mistakes. Hit the bricks. How many years he have left anyway.

7. Idratherbegolfing says:

Translation: I want a coach who allows the inmates to run the asylum. Who allows me to show up to meetings late and won’t call me out for not taking meetings seriously or treating practice like a joke. Sounds like a perfect fit for that blowhard Rex Ryan.

8. robert says:

I’ve been a long time Giants fan dating back to when they played in Yankee Stadium. He may have been a good player (and still might do well), but he was also a cancer to the team.

As far as I’m concerned, you’re not welcomed here anymore.

9. Joseph Tomasello says:

Cry us a river Burress. Good luck in Buffalo. The last 2 Fat Contracts you signed were with the Giants. It seems a couple thousand Prison Sandwiches ( Bologna and Cheese ) has taught you nothing. You’re old, and you’re attitude is Radioactive.

Comments are closed.