4-Year-Old Bronx Girl Hospitalized After Being Bitten By Dog

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — A little girl from the Bronx is hospitalized after being bitten by a pit bull.

It happened Friday at the Gouverneur Playground in Claremont. According to published reports, the 4-year-old girl was bitten on her face as she tried to pet the dog.

She was taken to Lincoln Hospital where police say she’s in stable condition.

Police say no charges will be filed against the dog’s owner because it was tied up at the time.

Comments

1. HelloNY says:

Parents need to mind their children-period. This reminds me of something that I saw a couple of weeks ago. I was waiting in line at parking enforcement and this girl was their with her small dog. This little girl kept trying to pet the dog and the girl kept picking the dog up and telling her that he bites and to not try to pet him. So wat does the little brat do? She waits for the girl to put her dog back down and then sticks her face right in the dogs face. She got bit and started crying and then FINALLY, FINALLY the mom realizes somethings going on. She started flipping out cursing at this poor girl telling her she was gonna “whoop her ***” and “you better hope her face is OK or I’m gonna own you, *****.” Yeah, these are out parents nowadays…

2. Winston Smith says:

Why was this dog in a playground. Playgrounds are for children

“No dogs allowed: Dogs are not permitted in these areas at any time. These areas include playgrounds, zoos, swimming pools/facilities, bathing areas/beaches*, fountains, ballfields, or on basketball/handball/tennis courts.”

3. kendra says:

and another 1 bites the dust these parents needs to watch there kids and possibly tell them not to pet the dogs unless you ask the owner if its okay cause not all dogs are good such as mine for instance he parks at the whole world he could be pretty unpredictable at times.but the right thing to do for the owner of that dog is to make sure he takes the kid to the hospital to see if the kid checks out okay so it wont be like he doesn,t care.that is a more responsible way of looking at it.

4. peppa's mama says:

My dog loves kids as she’s only 14months.But I do not allow other children to play with her if I am walking her.She is very protective and although they can play with her in our gated yard or porch.But parents must give permission.But I am a responsible owner.I never take her to a playground and tie her up.It’s hotter for them and can get irritated just like people.

5. HooDatIS? says:

tied up?
    they should be arrested for neglecting their duties of keeping others safe
    if they were outside with his animal the child would have not been biten
    http://ethical futures.wordpress.com

6. JBG says:

I was bitten by a dog when I was 15 so I am not without sympathy or concern. But this one falls on the parents. I teach my kids not to pet strange dogs without the owners permission. If the police didnt charge the owner then apparently the owner had done what he was supposed to and that is to propery tie and license your dog. God bless this little girl and hopefully she doesnt have permanent scars.

7. warrk21 says:

Please go to departedngone.com and see dog bit

Departed n Gone

8. Vincent Ferrari says:

A pitbull? In a Playground?

I’m willing to agree with some of you saying “where are the parents” but leaving a dog of any kind unattended in a place with young kids is just flat out stupid, tied up or not.

9. A.jENSEN says:

WHERE WERE THE PARENTS???? BUT THEN AGAIN, WHO WOULD LEAVE A PIT BULL TIED UP IN A PUBLIC PARK AND NOT KEEP A EXTRA CARE EYE,, I DONT CARE HOW GOOD YOUR DOG IS AROUND YOU, THEY REACT DIFFERENTLY WHEN CONFRONTED BY STRANGERS. PIT BULLS OUT IN PUBLIC SHOULD BE MUZZLED. MY DAUGHTER HAS 2 AND AS GOOD AS THEY ARE WITH FAIMLY, THEY ARE MUZZLED WHEN OUT IN PUBLIC ON THEIR LEASHES.

10. Anubis says:

somany dogsget pt down because of stupid kids that try to be dum and pet dogs that are tied up.

11. pazyfe says:

and the girl’s parent/s where where where

1. nick says:

Maybe they were there, but it happened fast.

Comments are closed.