Shelly Luciano Arrested After Allegedly Stabbing Live-In Boyfriend At Brooklyn Home

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A Brooklyn woman faces a murder charge after police say she fatally stabbed her live-in boyfriend during an argument in their home.

Police responding to a 911 call early Saturday morning found 36-year-old Jack Archin stabbed once in the torso. He was pronounced dead at Long Island College Hospital.

Shelly Luciano, 28, who lived with the victim in Boerum Hill, was arrested. Police charged her with murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

Police say they had argued because Archin was jealous. The Brooklyn district attorney’s office did not immediately return a call for comment and no defense attorney information was available.

If guilty of the charges, what sentence should Luciano face? Sound off in our comments section below…

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. IVONNE says:

THAT IS SAD I KNOW SHELLEY FOR A LOT OF YEARS AND I CANT BELIEVE THIS I DONT KNOW WHAT HAD HAPPEN BETWEEN THEM FOR HER TO DO THAT BUT SHE IS A GREAT MOM AND GREAT PERSON I REALLY HOPE IT WAS SELF -DEFENSE SO SH COULD GET OUT FASTER ANDGET HER KIDS BACK .

2. jose torres says:

listen i know this gurl personaly she lived in connecicut just like lasy year a very sweet gurl .
    numerous people told her here in ct to stop messing with tht guy but she never listened now this went on!!
    all in all i feel for her kids if anyone has info on the kids hit me up at lizzard15086@yahoo.com plz cuz last thing i need to see is the kids suffering behind dcf.

3. Richie says:

shell is a sweet heart.ive known her for many years shes to kind to b going thru dis theres a reason for evry thing luv u shell I got u

4. brenda says:

That’s rite Nancy tell this people from the city they don’t no her and they need to stop judgeing people is not were u from is how u live I hope she is good and safe I luv u shell keep your head up your brother got u a lawyer hopefully we will here from u soon and for the loosers who r running there mouth with out even knowing u get a life u sorry and sad

5. ENEIDA says:

SHELLEY IS A GOOD LOVING PERSON.SHE WOULDNT EVEN KILL A FLY. IT IS SO SAD SHE IS GOING THRU THIS. I KNOW HER FOR MANY YRS ALSO..SOMETHING HAD TO BE GOING ON IN ORDER FOR HER TO GET TO THAT POINT.

6. susan says:

she is a good person and she the only one can say what really happen love you

7. brenda says:

This remark goes to beefy. Sorry jorge

8. indiamaldonado says:

India Maldonado

this is a very sad situation for every one but something must of been going on in there home for her to get to that point Shelly is great woman and mom and she would never hurt someone. Maybe her boyfriend was abusing her and she had to defend her self i’m sure she didn’t mean for it to happen that way is called ” self defense” anyways my prayers will always be with you sis and i will be here for you today and always i love you

9. HooDatIS? says:

she told me she was going to cook his brain’s and eat him
    but the police showed up too early
    damn damn damn

1. brenda says:

I. Don’t y u running your mouth did u no her Cuz she Just left CT not to long ago Shelly will never had talked like the way u talking this is not a joke if u want to b a joker go to the circus u stupid ho

2. Odemaris Segarra says:

what a moron..get a life , you didnt know shelly and she wasnt like that. this is a serious situation, go somewhere else with that bull.

1. Iris Rivera says:

I don’t know her like that but I heard good things
        Things about her my husband grew up with her I just hope everything goes well for her!! And the kids are safe!!!

10. Spanish Heat says:

Everyone is quick to judge. Do any of you know her personally? No one knows what occured behind those doors. I’m sure her boyfriend was abusing her. The normal Human response in a life threatening situation is “Fight or Flight”. Unfortunate it turned out this way. A mother of three, in a violent situation I would do whatever it takes to preserve my life. The only opinion that matters is the ones of the jury. Shelly God bless you girl and we in Waterbury send our positive energy and prayers. I believe in my heart you had no intension of killing him, but to scare him to leave you alone. The Lord knows your heart.

1. joey from B'hurst says:

She had young children in the house, they are her anchor; if she called 911 her boyfriend would be removed. An order of protection could be issued. There was no reason for the stabbing. But then again, this a welfare family, in the Gowanus Projects, so this sort of behavior is expected.

1. Odemaris Segarra says:

everyone always says that you should call cops. how you figured he wasnt gona stab her and she was just protecting her self.. what does being on welfare have anything to do with it?! it could happen even to the wealthiest person around. yeah call the cops..how you figured she didnt try?

2. nancy says:

its unfortunate that this happen and i pray that the children didnt see anything but nobody knows what really happen and if she had to defend herself and children then i would of done the same thing instead of waiting for the police to take their sweet time …..joey from hurst you wasnt there and regardless where she came from thats not her behavior shes a good woman and mother …..and the fact that you said that behavior is expected because of where she came from well smartass how do explain that Peterson lady who was from florida and came from and all american home ….shows how dumb you really are

11. brenda says:

She is innocent she wouldn’t even hurt a fly Shelly is a good mom sorry

1. Beefy says:

How is she a “good” mom? She brings children into this world that she can’t afford. That is irresponsible. She could not get much lower than this, especially since she moved into the projects.

1. Odemaris Segarra says:

how you figured she couldnt afford them..everyone goes through a rough time in their life. hey atleast they had food and a roof over their head.. dont judge people if you dont know them,cus someone can be saying the same thing about you.

2. brenda says:

What does having kids got to do with her not taking care of them broke people have kids and they service not everyone r on welfare I have 4kids and 2 jobs I’m maintaing r u going to say I’m broke and I live in the projects u sound real stupid how old r u and way u even typeing get a life

12. 2gruesome2b says:

she’ll be “lucky” if she gets only community service.

13. Moon Her says:

That’s it! Ship her off to SPACE CAMP! Set up an arrangement with The Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and use the money that would normally go to prison, to re-habilitate them into Construction Astronauts. It’s obvious that the specter of spending time with Bubba is no longer a deterrent.

14. George Lurye says:

They found the girl in the apartment with the bloody body, with blood all over her hands and she told the police, in detail, how she stabbed her boyfriend in a rage of the argument. She may be innocent until proven guilty in court, but that’s just a matter of time in process.

1. brenda says:

I don’t understand y u have to b do cruel y r u judgeing people Cuz there on welfare the point is she is a good mom that takes care of her kids living in the projects doesn’t mean she’s poor u sound real stupid and sum y should have morals before u talk nonsence get a life I now her all my life she is not the type to argue or b in problems she is a person that’s gives to the need there’s more to this story and behind close doors u don’t see or no what goes on so before u run your mouth do your research sum ass ignorent animal

15. John Marin says:

Legal principles according to United States common law state explicitly that a person is innocent until found guilty. Jumping to conclusions before the facts is not the way an intelligent, educated person would ascertain the merits of the case unless of course one were a stupid New York policeman.

1. Spanish Heat says: