Benigno’s Best: Week 2 NFL Power Rankings
Giants CentralShop for Giants Gear
Buy Giants Tickets
1. Green Bay Packers (1) – Aaron Rodgers is off and running with a win over Saints. The offense has weapons everywhere including the rookie Randall Cobb.
2. New England Patriots (3) – Tom Brady was brilliant in his 517-yard masterpiece versus “The Fish.” But, the Pats defense is still in need of legitimate pass rusher. The loss of Dan Koppen hurts the O-line.
3. Baltimore Ravens (8) – Their dismantling of Steelers sent a strong message to league: This is still NFL’s most ferocious defense.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (2) – They did what they had to in beating a banged up Rams team, but I’m still worried about their offensive line.
5. New York Jets (5) – Shaky moments vs. “The Boys,” but this team continues to find ways to win.
6. New Orleans Saints (7) – Hard to move up when you lose, but they still had the Packers on the ropes in the closing seconds. The addition of Darren Sproles makes them even more explosive.
7. San Diego Chargers (9) – Nice comeback win against the Vikings. Still their special teams has got to scare you.
8. Chicago Bears (unranked) – Their pasting of Falcons reminds everyone that the Bears won NFC North last year.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (4) – Despite their opening week disaster in Baltimore, you know this team is good.
10. Atlanta Falcons (6) – Matt Ryan and company fizzled in Chicago. Still, when all is said and done, this is an elite NFC team.
Bubble teams: Texans and Lions
Last week’s ranking in parentheses.
What’s your Top 10 look like? Fire away in the comments below…