Benigno’s Best: Week 3 NFL Power Rankings
Giants CentralShop for Giants Gear
Buy Giants Tickets
NEW YORK SPORTS HEADLINES
1. Packers (1) – Showed championship mettle coming back from 13-0 to Carolina Cams to pull out win. Defense takes a hit with the loss of Nick Collins for the season. Big test this week in NFC championship game rematch in Chicago.
Next: @ Bears
2. Patriots (2) – Brady continues to light it up. Over 400 yards and three TD’s in the win over bumbling Chargers. Can someone lay a hand on this guy?
Next: @ Bills
3. Jets (5) – Defense did what it should in dismantling Luke McCown and Jags. Offense still shaky at times. Tough three game road trip to Oakland, Baltimore and New England. Nick Mangold’s injury doesn’t help.
Next: @ Raiders
4. Saints (6) – Nice rebound win over the Bears after tough opening loss at Green Bay. This is the games most explosive offense this side of Foxboro.
Next: vs. Texans
5. Steelers (9) – Back on track after shutting down hapless Seahawks. The beat down in Baltimore may be a blessing in disguise. Got to feel good with “Manning-less Colts,” next.
Next: @ Colts
6. Falcons (10) – “Matty Ice,” four TD passes plus Michael Vick concussion help Falcs make Vick homecoming a bad one after stinko in Chicago. Big divisional test versus young Bucs on Sunday.
Next: @ Bucs
7. Eagles (4) – Michael Vick’s return to Atlanta was not so triumphant as Philly lost game and Vick to concussion. Revenge minded Giants are up next. Mike Kafka anyone?
Next: vs. Giants
8. Lions (unranked) – Detroit in top ten, are you kidding me? Matthew Stafford to Calvin Johnson is quickly becoming one of the league’s prolific passing combos. At 2-0 this team may be for real. First divisional test up next in Minnesota.
Next: @ Vikings
9. Ravens (3) – Can you say let down? Baltimore had the Steelers still on the mind while losing in Tennessee. Matt Hasselbeck tortures Ed Reed and company for 358 yards? Come on! Defense should get healthy this week in St. Louis.
Next: @ Rams
10. Texans (unranked) – It’s their division now that Peyton is out of the picture. Don’t want to get too crazy over wins against the Colts and the Fish. Remember they started 2-0 last year. Barometer game this week in New Orleans.
Bubble Teams: Chargers & Bills