Police Shoot Woman On East Side Who Allegedly Wielded Two Knives

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The New York Police Department says two of its officers shot a 57-year-old woman dead following a confrontation.

The incident took place at 8:25 p.m. Sunday. The NYPD says two patrol officers were notified of a dispute taking place in front of 225 East 45th Street.

When the officers arrived on the scene, they found an African-American woman allegedly wielding two knives.

The NYPD says officers ordered the woman to drop the knives, but she refused. Officers fired, hitting the woman in the torso.

She was taken to Bellevue Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

No word yet on the identity of the woman.

The police released photos of the knives.

Comments

1. Haxnbauer says:

Look, they had to shoot at her torso and kill her. If they shot her in the legs and she lived, she would have sued the city for millions and we taxpayers would be paying for her room at the Palace Hotel for the next 10 years until she finally ODs on smack or crack.

2. DanTe says:

Why is the police still bothering these m o n k e y s? They don’t want the police. Leave them be. Leave them to rot in their own stupidity.

1. DanTe's dad says:

Don’t talk about your mom that way.

3. MR KKK says:

THE ONLY GOOD THING TO COME OUT OF THIS WAS THAT SHE WAS BLACK

4. LUCIA says:

COPS??SO THE SAYING GOES-ARE SUPPOSE TO HELP AND PROTECT -LOL—>BUT NOW A DAYS , THEY SEEM TO TRY AND DISPOSE OF CHILDREN-THE ELDERLY-THE MENTALLY ILL- AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE BECUZ – INSTEAD OF BEING”” BRAVE”” THEY ARE TRULY THE COWARDS WHO SEEM TO MAKE IT ALL RIGHT BY SHOOTING TO KILL AND DISPOSING HUMANS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH NO QUALMS WHAT SO EVER –LIKE ONE OF THE READERS SAID, WHY NOT SHOOT AT THE LEGS???WHY NOT???WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO GO AND SHOOT AT THE TORSO TO KILL???NO MATTER THE AGE-???THEY MUST BE TAUGHT WHAT THE DEFINITION OF””BRAVE”” VS BEING A “”COWARD”” TRULY MEANS -PRETTY SOON THEY’LL BE SHOOTING TO KILL A FIVE YEAR OLD THREATENING THEM WITH A TOY GUN-IT’S GETTING TO BE VERY VERY SERIOUS!!!THEY MUST BE RE-EDUCATED

1. Parashooter says:

Next time before you open your mouth, go learn to shoot (you’ve obviously never shot s gun) and then learn to shoot under stress, and then see if you want to say ‘shoot at the legs’… THEN go study the penal law – on use of deadly force – THEN study blade combat – in the end you’ll learn a person with a knife is VERY deadly, and taking a chance at hitting the legs is 1)not a likely hit under stress, 2) not likely to stop the threat, and 3) IS likely to get you injured or killed.

bottom line – criminal waving a knife (or two) and threatening gets SHOT – they don’t deserve ‘nice’ treatment.

I can bet that if someone were to attack YOU, you wouldn’t think to yourself “Oh, I should just put them in a headlock” you would want to fight back with every bit of strength you have.

When a CRIMINAL attacks – they don’t deserve to go home unhurt. When a CRIMINAL threatens a life, they don’t deserve to live to go home.

5. Michael A. says:

I’m a tourist staying in the Alex hotel in front of the crime scene! I still can believe it, it was so incredible, that 2 policemen shoot 4 times in a row a quite aged big lady with knives!!! US are not the famous country for non lethal weapons too?? And even they shoot why in the torso to kill for sure???

1. she was insane says:

Because she lunged at them with her mighty death grip.

2. DOUBLE_CHINNED_PUPPETEER says:

Hey Michael, I guess the cops in your country would have shot the knife out of her hand and saved the day, right? LOL

1. Michael A. says:

in my country the cops are not allowed to gunshot if the suspect have no gun!! They were very close to the victim and able to shoot on the legs (and with 4-5 times it is easy even they are not good as it seems…)

1. DanTe says:

Here’s a hint Michael A: if you have to Lie to make a point. You may, just May, have No Point.

6. Lieutenantdan says:

Another example of today’s women going wild.

1. Michael A. says:

I’m a tourist staying in the Alex hotel in front of the crime scene! I still can believe it, it was so incredible, that 2 policemen shoot 4 times in a row a quite aged big lady with knives!!! US are not the famous country for non lethal weapons too?? And even they shoot why in the torso to kill???

1. Gunky eyes says:

Maybe she didn’t speak English as well as you do.

7. Jimmy Jack says:

They’re police, not social workers. Good for NYPD for doing its job. What if she would have been able to kill some innocent bystander before the police got there? And all police and military are trained to hit the largest target on the body which is a chest shot. They aren’t trained to shoot fingers or toes for crying out loud.

8. Surfin Bird says:

what were the ethnicities?

9. Gregory says:

A taser would have been better if it could have been used. I suspect that the officers’ lives were endangered and that always results in the use of leathal force. Perhaps those that live in NYC and other large cities should consider the role that liberalism and the Obama administration’s regulations have significantly contributed to the conditions that cause crime and mental illnesses. NYC seems to be a microcosm of a state plunging into social chaos and random violence. Something more than hand wringing is called for!

1. allweneedislove says:

There was lots of crime and mental illness and a HUGE crack epidemic during the Reagan 80’s. And last time I checked billionaire Michael Bloomberg is the mayor of this city and he’s turining it into his image. Maybe that’s contibuting to crime and mental illness because poor and working class people are getting the shaft while rich people wine and dine on top of their heads. So many programs that helped people do a little better during the 90’s under the Clinton administration were cut under Bush.

10. conrad ramdial says:

if good cops were there instead of trigger happy cops she would have been shot in her legs and thigh. black people have no chance to live in the aim of police weapons. glad it wasn’t a terrorist because those two cops would have ran away in fear. shooting women at older ages is an act of terrorism against the people of the United States of America.other countries don’t shoot old ladies. They have better cops who can take knives away from old women.

1. Joe Schmo says:

Oh, and those animals shooting outside a McDonald’s in Bklyn last Tuesday isn’t a form of terrorism? Only in the eyes of people like yourself.

2. DUbbz says:

You arent trained to shoot in the thighs or legs you retard, I want someone to come at you with a knife and see what you do

1. KIll the Looneys says:

I wish NYPD shoots all the conrad ramdial out there. They seem like crazy killer lunatics to me.

11. RP says:

These two women live on the Shelter located on 45th Street. I work in the area and you always see them drinking during lunch break. I am sure Alcohol plays a major part but they did not have to shot her.

1. Marvin says:

Are you saying I can get free alcohol on 45st? Got to check that out. But probably have to disguise myself as a black person first.

12. Just saying says:

Bet they didn’t have to shoot ! Another Eleanor Bumpers !

1. Joe Schmo says:

Oh yes, the black woman with canned feces in her bathtub, of which she blamed Reagan for. Not much of a loss there either.

1. hey hey hey goodbye says:

just saying the NYPD did a great job protecting people from this crazy woman.She was a terror and will not be missed.Another junkie and alcoholic nyc does not have to deal with anymore.

13. Joe Schmo says:

At 57, not much of threat to spawn future knifers and gunners. But at least she won’t get to pis away any of MY tax dollars anymore.

1. CONRAD RAMDIAL says:

RACISM IS NOT A GOOD THING BROTHER.

2. allweneedislove says:

Joe Schmo, really? Are you this unhappy with yourself? I feel more sorry for you than the woman who lost her life. It’s attitudes like yours that help contribute to trajedies like this. Are you one of the cops who pulled the trigger? Sigh…

3. You are an Idiot says:

@ Joe Smuck. What would make you think that a 57 y/o is not much of a threat.? I am a 60 year old woman with a black belt and I can kick butt.

1. Joe Schmo says:

You are the idiot for not comprehending my comment. If you did, you would know that I was talking her having gone through menopause at her age. Something that you should surely know about as a 60-yr-old hag.

1. You really are an Idiot says:

You really are an idiot. Not are 57 year old woman are menopausal fool. As far as referring to a 60 y/o as a hag. Well this hag looks better than many 30 y/o. I am totally physically fit with a smoking hot body. Someone said it right you really must be unhappy with yourself

2. eye candy says:

60 years old I bet your hott lets hook up and you can pin me down .

1. @eye candy says:

@ Eye Candy, Sorry. I only reserve pin downs for my husband. Nice try though

1. eye candy says:

Wow I knew you were a wild one COUGAR I see .But you can still pin me down anytime maybe your hubby like to watch.Nothing better then a sexy MILF

14. LiberalsAreEvil says:

Get ready for fat disgusting Sharpton!

1. ? says:

SHARPTON WILL NOT SAY A THING……..BLOOMBERG HAS PAID HIM OFF TO KEEP QUIET ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS AND NOW HE IS A “TV STAR” ON CNBC……..I GUESS THE WHITE MANS MONEY IS BETTER THAN RACE BAITING EH AL

Comments are closed.