Reporting Joe Benigno
1. Green Bay Packers 4-0 (1) – Four touchdown passes, two touchdown runs. First quarterback in league history to do that in a game. Move over Tom. Move over Drew. Aaron Rodgers is now NFL’s best quarterback.
Next: @ Falcons
2. Detroit Lions 4-0 (2) – Another day, another comeback win. The “Motown Cats,” have now won 8 in a row. Will they ever lose again?
Next: vs Bears
3. New Orleans Saints 3-1 (4) – 34-30-40—These were the number of points the high-octane Saints offense scored in their first three games. Give the Jags credit for holding this offensive machine to just 23 points. First time this season New Orleans was held under 30.
Next: @ Panthers
4. Baltimore Ravens 3-1 (5) – They had three defensive touchdowns in wipeout of the Jets. Ngata, Reed, Suggs and Lewis. Is there any question this is NFL’s best defense?
5. New England Patriots 3-1 (6) – Nice rebound win in the “Black Hole.” Do they ever lose two in a row? They now have a chance to avenge last year’s playoff disaster as reeling Jets come to Foxboro. The Mayo injury does hurt.
Next: vs Jets
6. Houston Texans 3-1 (unranked) – They physically manhandled the Steelers on both sides of the ball and Arian Foster was in top form with his 155 yard, one TD performance. Biggest question is how much time does Andre Johnson lose with hamstring injury.
Next: vs. Oakland Raiders
7. Washington Redskins 3-1 (unranked) – Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan are Washington’s answer to Lamar Woodley and Rodney Harrison in Pittsburgh. These guys can play defense.
8. New York Giants 3-1 (8) – Eli Manning is on a roll with six touchdown passes and 0 interceptions in wins over the Eagles and Cardinals. The Giants must continue to make hay with their soft first half schedule.
Next: vs. Seahawks
9. Tennessee Titans 3-1 (unranked) – Mike Munchak has this team playing stellar defense and Matt Hasselbeck has quietly played outstanding football in his first four games in Nashville. Just wait until Chris Johnson gets going.
Next: @ Steelers
10. Bills 3-1 (3) – They came back to reality in their loss in Cincy. They blew a two touchdown lead after overcoming 18 and 21 point deficits in wins over Raiders and Pats.
Next vs Eagles
Closing in: Tampa Bay Bucs and San Francisco 49ers
Thoughts on the rankings? Leave them below.