Brooklyn Woman Finds Suggestive TSA Note In Luggage Containing Vibrator

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) — The much-maligned TSA apparently has a sense of humor or an unrivaled ability to “freak” somebody out depending on your perspective.

A Brooklyn woman who flew from Newark Liberty to Dublin over the weekend opened her luggage Monday morning to discover a personalized note on an official TSA form, reading “GET YOUR FREAK ON GIRL.”

1010 WINS’ Sonia Rincon Speaks With Jill Filipovic

So what prompted the message?

Lawyer, blogger and co-founder of the website “Feministe,” Jill Filipovic, believes it likely has everything to do with the small vibrator that was packed in her suitcase.

“It’s nothing, you know, that I would think would raise any red flags,” she told 1010 WINS’ Sonia Rincon.

Filipovic said she discovered the hand-written note in her bag while unpacking Monday morning in Dublin.

While it’s not entirely uncommon during overseas travel to find a TSA note alerting the passenger that their bag had been inspected, it’s certainly less common to find one with a transcribed, suggestive phrase.

The Transportation Security Administration would only tell 1010 WINS that it was looking into the matter.

“TSA takes all allegations of inappropriate conduct seriously and is investigating this claim,” the statement read.

Filipovic said that at first it was funny, but then she imagined a bunch of men at the airport going through her suitcase and laughing about it.

What do you make of this?  Funny or alarming?  Share your thoughts in the comments section…

Comments

1. Julia says:

Her privacy was invaded, why is she telling everybody about it? Only two people knew about this message the person who put it in the luggage and the one who found it. Why did everybody have to know about it? Just asking!

2. BIG O says:

It’s just horrible how ppl especially ppl who think just because they have specail duties they can go above the law and sustitute it with, it’s ok, no harm done, but if it were on the other hand like a guy touching the TSA breast sorry I thought it was a watemellon, then she would slap and cuffed him, so go figure, she should sue them, for all kinds of things, like harrasing, taunting, etc, she should be put on a platter and be made a example of, since TSA are jerks and already touching ppl all over the place, now I know why TSA love there jobs lots of touching just insane, and touching little kids to, dam they should go to jail for that, Government has gone to far. and ti’s justified.
    But I may say Dam girl is super hot, I am glad she made it public for everyone to know how these TSA ppl treat everyone, the TSA should be fired.

3. Eric Mays says:

I worked at the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport as a screener in the 80’s.and would come across several of these sexual aids in womens bags. I was the ultra cool screener and acted like I did not notice.Several of the ladies thanked men for being professional.

4. Dan Te says:

We live in a post 9/11 world. The TSA was just doing their job and inspecting anything that may raise a red flag.

1. Gino Cappuccino says:

Something humming and shaking in a bag in checked luggage is scary. It could have been an alarm clock, a vibrator or a bomb–and all three can send you flying out of bed!

5. michele says:

This is an invasion of her privacy. Masturbation is natural. What is wrong with bringing a vibrator on your trip? It is not illegal and is within the TSA guidelines. I would feel the same way as she did if this happened to me. This was highly inappropriate behavior on behalf of the TSA agent. This should most certainly be investigated and handled.

6. SueZ says:

As long as what she had in her suitcase was legal it is really no business but her own. For someone in the TSA to make a comment about it is very inappropriate. If it were a mans luggage and condoms were found would they have made the same comment.

7. Plenty O'Toole says:

Best wash that pocket rocket before it goes into yer socket.

8. Jen says:

A big no-no! TSA should not be making ANY comments about ANY personal items in a checked bag. That’s not their business, and this is offensive. I have many TSA stories, including a TSA agent who opened my carry-on suitcase (after American had to change us to a United flight, due to cancelled flights) … she dumped the entire contents of my neatly-packed suitcase out on the table after it had been through x-ray, then just shoved it all further down the table and told me to clean it up.

9. DanTe says:

T hose
    S tupid
    A ssholes

10. Rudy Tooty Giulianne 3rd says:

Hey even the “Vermont Country store “catalog has sex vibrators along with
    the old fashioned candy advert’s. They are commonplace today.
    We have learned to self pleasure without guilt unless one is Catholic.

11. l. t. conley says:

The whole fracas is nobody’s fault but her own. She absolutely knew that the TSA might inspect her luggage, but chose to put in a highly personal item, anyway. Then, she chose to go public about the stupid note. If she hadn’t gone public, nobody would know anything about it, but she did it anyway. No opinion here, just fact.

1. Jilldo says:

It’s called marketing 101.

2. Jilldo says:

Just expanding my brand. Marketing 101.

3. CallingOutMorons says:

Great reasoning, LT Conley. Blame the victim. She asked for it so it’s her own fault. Then she even went public about it. It sounds just like those rape victims who go to the police. How absurd!

1. Paul from NY says:

She is a fraud… self promoter. No TSA worker in there right mind would write that. If they did, what are the chances they picked a feminist/lawyer/blogger’s suitcase. Vibrator’s in luggage are a dime a dozen. I hope she enjoys her 15 minutes of fame. I smell FAKE.

12. Frank Cerlian says:

this is great…I hope she slogs when she gets her freak on at slogreport.com

1. injun says:

GET YOUR FREAK ON GIRL.” SOUNDS LIKE STUPID GHETTO TRASH WORKING AT TSA.

13. DaEmph says:

HAHAHAHAHA….lighten up people, this was funny, I guess she plans to do more than just “business” out there, I aint mad at ya…she is pretty decent looking too…oh by the way Jill…..GIT YO FREAK ON!! You’ll be alright…LOL!

14. Frank Cerlian says:

if she does want to get her freak on let us know at slogreport.com

15. TSA Fab says:

Folks RELAX. It is funny! What is funnier is that she said, “The more I think about it, the more I actually find it really offensive and a pretty egregious invasion of privacy,” Filipovic said.

Why not leave the damn vibrator HOME or discard it and buy on in Dublin? They do sell them in Dublin, don’t they? Or was this one “special”? Must have brought back many good memories?

Whoever wrote the note should be promoted and given a Christmas bonus!

1. alyce1213 says:

What Flynn said.

16. Flynn says:

I guess you missed my point that the TSA should maybe spend more time looking for terrorists and dangerous items instead of writing sexually suggestive notes in someone’s private luggage. This may seem like a small, ridiculous story but the other point is that a TSA agent stopped what they were doing — screening — and took the time to write an inappropriate note and leave it in this person’s luggage.

Oh and “FlynnisGay” you were reported, moron.

Either way, its just more misconduct and lack of professionalism like this that endangers flyers.

1. paul says:

I still like to know if her story is real or just made up in order to get a bit of free press. Not like the first person to make things up!

1. alyce1213 says:

I doubt that a lawyer would risk her career, possible disbarment, to engage in fraud.

17. alyce1213 says:

Whether it was a man or woman who wrote the note, it really doesn’t matter. It was inappropriate, period.

18. Jefferson Davis says:

The TSA boys sound like a Confederate horsewhipping may be in order.

19. pete says:

I think every traveller has a bad story about the TSA to tell. Last time from JFK to Vienna, when I watched the TSA checking my bags, they did not like that at all, and they did not touch them until boarding time. Then the guy took a long time to get the TSA lock open and found a book about Elvis Presley. He started reading it until I contacted a supervisor, as I nearly missed the plane. I believe they hire these people from the welfare rolls and/or from Rikers Island, put them into a uniform so they look human, and let them loose on the innocent traveller. They are the terrorists we have to watch out. What a shame!!

1. leonid says:

He thought he was reading “Mein Kampf.”:)

20. D says:

Since when is masturbating freaky?

21. pfunk says:

from the phrasing it was most likely a woman who wrote the message

22. Tommy says:

Google her, she REALLY HOT!! And a lawyer too. My kind of girl.

1. Flynn says:

So are you saying that it was ‘cool’ and ‘funny’ that the TSA left that note for her? Because if you are, you might be considered a ‘moron’ and an ‘idiot.’

What she wants to do in the privacy of her bedroom is her business — and the note, whether written by a male or female TSA agent was yet one more sign of the lack of professionalism in that agency. Maybe instead of leaving sexual innuendos for passengers, they might want to spend more time looking for bombs and other dangerous items.

1. paul says:

Well if you are so upset over this Flynn then write a letter to TSA about it. this is nothing but a stupid story and I think most people have had bigger problems with TSA then she has but over look it.

2. alyce1213 says:

I agree. Some people in positions of so-called “authority” clearly should not be. The note was thoroughly unprofessional and inappropriate.

2. Buggz says:

Meh, she’s better looking than I might have expected, but I wouldn’t say she’s “REALLY HOT”. And because she’s a wanna-be media personality publicizing this herself, this whole thing isn’t as interesting as if a more demure woman was involved – but I guess then we’d never know.

Comments are closed.