NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A second boy has admitted he and a friend were behind a shopping cart attack that critically injured a woman.
WCBS 880′s Irene Cornell On The Case
Wednesday morning, the 12-year-old boy pleaded guilty to assault.
The boys were accused of pushing a shopping cart off the fourth floor walkway of an East Harlem parking garage on Oct. 30.
It landed on 47-year-old Marion Hedges, who’s still hospitalized in serious condition.
The boy told the judge he knew people could have been hurt below.
The second boy, now 13, pleaded guilty to an assault charge last week.
Shahabuddeen Ally, the lawyer for the 13-year-old, said that his client had done the “responsible thing” and “took ownership of his actions in this case” when he pleaded guilty on Nov. 18.
Both boys will be sentenced sometime next month.
Please share your thoughts below…