NEW YORK (1010 WINS) — The city’s Department of Education released a list of seven more school closures Friday, a day after publicly naming 12 others that will be phased out.
New York City had put 47 schools on notice for poor academic performance. Two elementary schools, two middle schools and three high schools were added to the cut list.
Friday’s list of schools include:
- P.S. 022
- P.S. 215 Lucretia Mott
- Aspire Preparatory Middle School
- Knowledge and Power Preparatory Academy VII
- Washington Irving High School
- Samuel Gompers Career and Technical Education High School
- Grace Dodge Career and Technical Education High School.
Public Advocate Bill de Blasio released a statement Friday, saying the schools have been given “little to no support by this Administration.”
“I urge the Mayor and the Schools Chancellor to take pause and develop a new approach to turning troubled institutions around, with closure used only as a last resort,” the statement read.
Share your thoughts in the comments section below…