Was It The Pizza? Students From Same Classroom At P.S. 115 In Canarsie Get Ill, Vomit
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Was it something they ate?
Eighteen students at P.S. 115 on 92nd Street and Avenue L in Canarsie, Brooklyn came down with some type of stomach ailment Friday afternoon, 1010 WINS’ reported.
Officials weren’t sure if the kids suffered from food poisoning or some type of virus. Some of the kids were vomiting so severely before 2 p.m. that an ambulance had to be called to the school, 1010 WINS’ Eileen Lehpamer reported.
EMS said 12 of the children from the school were taken to Jamaica Hospital.
There was no immediate official ruling on what made the kids sick, but all of the students ate the same pizza.
Department of Education spokeswoman Margie Feinberg issued the following statement Friday afternoon: “Five hundred students were served lunch – all the students who got sick came from the same [third-grade] classroom.”
The Department of Health will determine the final cause.
Please leave a comment below