NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — With only four shopping days left before Christmas, many are rushing out to buy those last-minute gifts. But if you’re worried there’s not enough time in the day to shop, don’t be. Some of the area’s biggest stores will be staying open 24-hours a day from now until Christmas Eve.
LISTEN: 1010 WINS’ John Montone reports
“I feel very free in the store,” said shopper Kia Islam. “I can move around as much and as slowly as I like.”
“Very nice, very convenient,” said shopper Amir Aslamkhan. “Especially as New Yorkers, we all have busy schedules running around constantly.”
Experts say stores are slashing prices this week, making consumers feel better about spending money.
“There’s still plenty of opportunity to get good deals,” said Kelli Grant with SmartMoney.com.
Another benefit is that the day before Christmas falls on a Saturday this year, giving you one extra day and night to shop.
LISTEN: WCBS 880’s Mike Xirinachs reports
Macy’s has five stores in New York and two stores in New Jersey that will be open 24-hours a day until Saturday, Dec. 24 at 6 p.m.
Those stores are:
- Macy’s Herald Square, Manhattan
- Macy’s at Queens Center Mall, Rego Park, NY
- Macy’s at Staten Island Mall, Staten Island
- Macy’s at Roosevelt Field Mall, Westbury, NY
- Macy’s Cross County, Yonkers, NY
- Macy’s at Willowbrook Mall, Wayne, NJ
- Macy’s Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill, NJ
Other Macy’s stores in New York and New Jersey that won’t be open 24-hours will instead have extended hours and will close at 2 a.m. Those stores are:
- Macy’s Kings Plaza, Brooklyn
- Macy’s at Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, NY
- Macy’s Menlo Park Mall, Menlo Park, NJ
- Macy’s at Newport Centre, Jersey City, NJ
Toys “R” Us says its Times Square store and many other stores around the area will stay open until 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
Some stores, including its Paramus location, will not be open 24-hours but may have extended hours.