Brooklyn Man Killed In Hit And Run On Rockaway Parkway

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man was killed by a hit and run driver in Brooklyn early Sunday morning, according to police.

John Cook, 34, of Brooklyn was attempting to cross the Rockaway Parkway near the intersection of Rutland Road when he was hit by a blue Nissan Maxima. The car was traveling northbound on the parkway, the vehicle’s operator did not remain at the scene of the accident.

Emergency teams responded to the scene of the accident and transported Cook to Brookdale hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

Leave your thoughts in our comments section below…

Comments

1. robert lopetz says:

i like this article
    Construction & Property Jobs | Careers & Recruitment at Jobscharger.com

2. robert lopetz says:

i like this article
    Construction & Property Jobs

3. sha says:

@renee please contact my friend this is his sister http://www.facebook.com/#!/thiccNsweet
    all the other nonsense remarks you people have no soul and need lives, imagine it was someone in your family or even yourself and idiots like you were making these stupid comments.

4. Wendy says:

This was my cousin and if anybody can assist with finding the driver please do. Thanks In Advance!

1. No more ecuses says:

OH HE WAS JAYWALKING………HE SHOULD TAKE FULL RESPONSBLITY FOR HIS ACTIONS

AND THE DRIVER THOUGHT HE HIT A DOG……..WHO WOULD GUESS A HUMAN WOULD BE SO STUPID. TO CROSS THERE?

near the intersection of Rutland Road

1. Wendy says:

You are ignorant!! My cousin lost his life and you talking about he should take full responsibility for his actions. Take responsibility and learn something.

2. RENEE says:

I am so sorry for your lost Ms Wendy I think he he was an former co-worker of mine. I would like to know if this is him., we could find some way to contact each other.

1. Wendy says:

I’m on facebook. If you haven’t seen him at work by now, sad to say it was him.

5. Chas Darwin says:

Genius played Frogger and lost.

1. Don Giovanni says:

You got watch out for those Maximas’; their drivers tend to very aggressive.

2. Wendy says:

You are a real a$$hole Chas Darwin!! I mean he was a loved one not some item. Ya’ll ignorant folks, I swear.

6. joe Schmo says:

Uh, that photo loos like Times Square, not one of the many many drug, rat, crime infested areas of Bklyn.

As for the victim; doubt a model citizen.

1. hurting in nj says:

he was my family and definitely a model citizen…..he was minding his business while going to the store…..don’t about something when you obviously don’t know what your talking about

1. RENEE says:

I am so sorry for your lost . I think he he was an former co-worker of mine. I would like to know if this is him., Maybe you could find some way to contact me,please.

1. sha says:

this is his sister get in touch with her

Comments are closed.