Jets QB Greg McElroy: Teammates “Didn’t Care If We Won Or Lost”

NEW YORK (WFAN) – Jets rookie backup quarterback Greg McElroy went after his “extremely selfish” teammates in an interview this morning, claiming multiple teammates “didn’t care if we won or lost.”

“It’s definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you,” McElroy said in an interview with Alabama radio station 97.3 The Zone. “It’s the first time I’ve ever been around extremely selfish individuals, and I think that’s maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn’t care whether we won or lost, as long as they got their … they really had good games individually. That’s the disappointing thing, and it’s going to take a lot to kind of come together.”

What do you think of McElroy’s statements? Leave a comment below.

Comments

1. Joseph says:

What Greg McElroy is really saying is that the Jets players are a bunch of girls, spoiled prima madonnas who make it to the NFL and now act like the Kardashian women, in other words, who the hell do they think they are.

It’s a privilege not a given to play in the NFL. As great as Revis is, now that he’s got his money he does not care, plays great on the field, but after the games does not want to talk to reporters and even acts like he’s Tom Cruise famous.

They all want to be the focus on ESPN. They all think they’re great when they’re not. This is the culture we’re in today. It’s a look at me, me and only me world.

2. Big Mo says:

Arrogance abounds in the land of green. Tannebaum and Rex are a bit self absorbed in the world they have created, unfortunately it is a bit of a parallel universe. The Jets have wanted the self promotion, bravado and noise factor that comes with Rexie, too bad he can’t back it up.

Mr T is so anxious to be the smartest guy in the room that he has forgotten the basics – talent, character and selflessness are more important than star power.

Gotta be true to who you are!

3. Ken OBrien says:

I respect him for his honesty. Everyone says how great Rex is for speaking his mind so why not this kid?. It seemed to be the case when you saw santonio holmes sittingon the bench. Sanchez didnt seem too worried either. As a true New York fan(Bills), I dont really care what happens with the Jersey Jets but it only makes me feel better about what I saw watching the game

4. Dan Rakow says:

New York Jets are going down the drain Rex Ryan will be fired next year and Mark Sanchez will be playing Soccer in Mexico.

GO PATRIOTS!

5. Alex Giobbi says:

I like McElroy for what he said. It shows that he has character. Hopefully if the Jets can’t get Manning, they’ll use him as a motivational chip to push Sanchez, but if not, have him start.

6. Kid Talk says:

Like they say to kids, it’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game

7. MIKE says:

GO JETS J E T S JETS JETS JETS what a bunch of phoneys

8. JJMNY says:

I respect his honesty. It won’t make him popular in the Jets’ locker room. The Jets management and Rex are in denial. They are all drinking the “Tannenbaum” coolade. They are either dishonest or just don’t get it.

Comments are closed.