Madonna Badger Speaks At Funeral For 3 Daughters Killed In Christmas Blaze

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — An emotional Madonna Badger spoke Thursday at the funeral for her three daughters killed in the horrific Christmas morning fire in Stamford, Conn.

Hundreds attended the funeral Mass for 9-year-old Lily Badger and 7-year-old twins Sarah and Grace, including fashion designer Calvin Klein and other luminaries of the fashion and advertising world.

1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa reports

Madonna and Matthew Badger, the girls’ father, held hands and cried as they watched the caskets carrying the remains of their three daughters get carried into St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Manhattan.

The two shared a brief hug after the three matching mahogany caskets were carried in.

Eighteen Stamford firefighters who had responded to the blaze were the pallbearers.

Madonna’s Badger’s boyfriend, Michael Borcina, who investigators believe may have accidentally started the lethal blaze, stood behind the two. Authorities said the embers, left in a bag in the mudroom of the home, may have been the catalyst of the tragedy.

Parents’ Final Farewell

Inside the church, Madonna Badger stood before more than 1,000 mourners and poured out a heartfelt eulogy for her girls. She called Lily “my angel and my life… Her smile was sometimes hidden, but when she let her smile glow, it glowed forever.”

Photo Gallery: Funeral For Stamford Fire Victims

She called Sarah “my little whippersnapper, lovable and full of love… She used to lie with me at night, hold my hand and tell me how much she loved me.”

As for her twin, Grace, her mother recalled her “tender kisses were only given when she wanted to give them.”

“Gracie asked me a thousand times if she was going to die before me. I said ‘No Grace, that’s never going to happen,’ but that did happen,” she recounted.

badgerfuneral Madonna Badger Speaks At Funeral For 3 Daughters Killed In Christmas Blaze

(credit: Kristin Thorne/CBS 2)

“And she cried and the whole place cried. It was just beautiful. When she talks about love and service and describes each of the kids, they’re all characters,” said Kevin Sullivan, who has known Madonna Badger for three years.

“I was very surprised that she had the strength and courage to get up to speak, but I ‘m glad she did,” family friend Jan Pakulski said.

The mayor of Stamford, Michael Pavia, also attended the funeral. He said Badger started the healing for the grief-stricken community when she took to the podium.

“When Madonna Badger left the pew and walked up to the podium to speak, it was probably the most moving thing I’ve seen,” he said. “No one can believe after all this woman has gone through that she would have the strength and courage to do that.”

Matthew Badger, the father of Lily, Grace and Sarah, was overcome with grief, so Rev. William Shillady read some of the father’s thoughts about his loss.

About his oldest, Lily, Badger wrote “a day with Lily was like a day with a beautiful song.”

“Grace, she was an individual to the core. She was a force of creative nature,” the pastor read.

As for Sarah, Matthew Badger wrote that “her love was so abundant and vibrant. It would welcome anyone into its grasp. She saw the goodness in all of us.”

img 20120105 00448 Madonna Badger Speaks At Funeral For 3 Daughters Killed In Christmas Blaze

People entering St. Thomas Church for funeral of Badger family (credit: Juliet Papa/1010 WINS)

Mourners started arriving at around 10:30 a.m. for the “Service in Thanksgiving for the Lives of Lilian, Sarah and Grace Badger,” 1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa reported. Rufus Wainwright sang “Over the Rainbow” as part of the service.

As the funeral procession made its way down Fifth Avenue, people who didn’t know the family paused for a moment to show their respect and support.

The victims died of smoke inhalation. Grandparents Lomer and Pauline Johnson also died in the blaze. The grandfather suffered blunt trauma to the head and neck likely resulting from a fall while trying to save his granddaughters.

The Johnsons were to be cremated.

Mourning At Home

A steady stream of mourners filed by the home in Stamford where the girls and their grandparents lost their lives.

Cove, Conn., resident Holly Kalinowski and her 4-year-old daughter laid roses outside the rubble of the Stamford home.

“Right now they’re in heaven with the angels,” Kalinowski said. “I just couldn’t imagine, I couldn’t imagine.”

Even though they didn’t know the Badger family, they said they came to pay their respects on the day of the funeral.

Karen McLane drove from her job in Greenwich to visit the growing memorial of toys, rosaries, candles and flowers.

“I felt compelled because I’m a mom and I can’t imagine this happening to anyone. It’s very tragic,” McLane said.

“I was just called to come and bring blessings to the family for emotional comfort and prayers,” said Lisa Starr, who was in town from southern California, visiting family.

Healing From Loss

“God is love and God is everything. I have been asked a million times ‘How are you doing? How will you survive this?’ but here I am, here all of us are,” Madonna Badger said at the podium. “In all this incomprehensible loss and chaos, all I can hang on to is love. Lily, Sarah and Grace live in my heart now.”

Psychologist Erica Chin said Madonna Badger’s grief, guilt and anger will come in waves in the years ahead.

“Trying to have regular meals, eating, sleeping, those things are things that will slowly build the building blocks of building a new life,” Chin said.

“Life will come back again, but that may not come back again, the past isn’t going to necessarily come rushing back, but life will come back.”

Madonna Badger’s friends told CBS 2’s Kathryn Brown they believe she will recover.

“I think she’s going to make it. She has a lot of strength this lady, a remarkable person,” Martin Schneit said.

“The service was beautiful. Madonna was amazing,” added Phoebe Cole-Smith.

A foundation has been established to honor the memories of the Badger girls. The mission of the Other 364 Foundation is to champion compassion, according to its website.

Please leave a comment below…

Comments

1. Carrie says:

The anonymity of the internet will the downfall of our civilized society. I truly had no idea how many people do not have, or have lost, empathy for fellow human beings and how self absorbed people have become. I hope someone at CBS with a sense of decency deletes the cruel comments put on this site.

1. NYC10009 says:

Read Sarah’s wise post below. What’s sick is how you have no empathy for the victims, and don’t want justice served.

2. Ima Payne says:

a few months ago my brother in law emptied ashes fthat had been sitting for over 2 weeks in his fireplace and empties the ashes into a small trash can from the bathroom that had tissue, kleene, etc. As he begins to take the trash outside he quickly uses the restroom in the hallway. Never fearing the 2 wk old ashes as a danger to our family and himself he sets the can down and in less than 2 minutes the smoke alarms are wailing and I look towards the hallwa and flames are shooting out. everywhere. My brother in law climbs out the restroom window and escapes. We all run outside and the firestation 1 block away is alreadiy pulling up in front. They were there in less than 5 mins and 1/2 of the house was burned down. Nobody died that day so he was luckier than the mothers boyfriend in this case. So remember even Old ashes are dangerous and should not be left anywhere in or near your home.

Yes it true the boyfriend who left the ashes is to blame for causing the fire but not for intentionally killing the family. I don’t believe he did this to kill her family. What is wrong with all you haters. if he didn’t show up to the funeral he’s guilty and when he does he’s guilty. In fact, It’s sad because his relationship with the grieving mother is now over.How can it not? In the photos I see him behind her and feel he’s actually attending his own funeral with the death of a relationship, whether it was very good or bad. It’s over! I feel if he is not being arrested for foul play or attempted murder then he should quietly go away somewhere and keep out of the public eye for a long time.

My prayers for everyone suffering from this loss.

No God No Peace; Know God, Know Peace!

3. sarah says:

what is really offensive on this board are people trying to deny the free speach of others.this is america not communist china- all these folks thumping bibles,peace ,love… than if they don’t agree with anothers opinion- they start calling dirty names, preaching shame on another, demanding -“who are you to judge”- what crap! your judging anyone who disagrees with your position. yes- prayers for the innocent children and grandparents. mrs.badger has lost my sympathy asking for cash-turning a funeral into an event- and most of all- allowing that creep that started the fire to stand toe to heel with the father of his victims.hope both are charged for the loss of life.

1. NYC10009 says:

Great, brave points. Thank you. And many people agree with you.

4. Saltine says:

Enough already!

This story has been dragged on and on and on and on and on as a DISTRACTION from the real stuff that affects everyone on a daily basis.

Enough! So tired of hearing about this woman. Ok, it’s a tragedy. It’s awful. Now, public, PLEAAASE let’s move on! You don’t know them. Move on.

I bet they are angling to give this woman /family a reality show. You can bet on it!!!

5. Nancy Drew says:

This story is so sad. I do find some loop holes in the articles that I have read. Why can’t anyone say for sure where the embers were placed. Both parties are alive to answer that question. It was either outside the house or inside. Why did the house need to be torn down ASAP. Sounds like the city doesn’t want to be tied to it. I was surprised to see the boyfriend right behind the Mom and Dad. Made me think maybe she dumped the embers. Can’t believe they needed to dump them because of Santa. The kids would have been fine with the fire being out Many people don’t even have a fireplace. The boyfriend said he had 2 of the girls. Which two? He didnt have their hands and when they ran upstairs he didn’t follow them. I do believe this was a horrible accident but., some things don’t add up . Was alcohol involved?

6. Love says:

I really hope that CBS will have the decency to delete and block these awful comments.

7. JILL RICHARDSON says:

HALF OF THESE COMMENTS ARE FROM PEEPS WHO’VE LOST THEIR EVER-LOVIN’ MINDS! I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THEY POSSESS A HEART, EITHER. WHAT SMALL, UNCHRISTIAN PEOPLE YOU MUST BE! I CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU TO ANSWER TO “JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED”. OF COURSE, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO HIS PRESENCE, FOR YOU SPEW HATRED. MADONNA AND MATHEW ARE PAYING THE PIPER-IN WAYS YOU WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DO, FOR YOU PEOPLE DO NOT WALK WITH GOD, NOR WOULD YOU EVER HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DO WHAT THEY MUST NOW DO FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. CONTINUE TO THROW YOUR ROCKS AT THE SHINY THINGS: THE LIGHT WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL OVER EVIL!

1. You need a therapist says:

PLEASE SEEK IMMEDIATE PSYCHIATRIC HELP, MS. RICHARDSON!

8. NYC says:

I REALLY HOPE THAT CBS WILL DELETE AND BLOCK THESE AWFUL COMMENTS.

1. Patricia Hennigan says:

For the life of me I cannot understand why Michael Borcina, who apparently was the cause of this fire due to placing the embers in the mud room as opposed to out of or away from the house…AND….AND……let the family live in the house while he was rennovating it with absolutely no working smoke detectors could have the audacity and gall to even show up at the funeral….it is a wonder to me how Matthew Badger held his anger and did not take him out right there at the funeral for both showing up and placing his hand on his shoulder for sympathy. That truly shows just how much Matthew Badger loved his daughters and therefore did not want anything disrupting their funeral. May Lily, Grace and Sarah as well as their grandparents rest in peace and sleep with the angels. On the other hand, how Michael Borcina will ever be able to sleep easy and rest again after causing this totally preventable tradgedy, will be a mystery for the ages.

9. NYC34929 says:

Well, don’t think he’s “out” at all. The way she was bizarrely walking arm-in-arm with the contractor at the funeral, whose negligence killed her kids, flaunting their relationship in front of the grieving biological father, makes me think she’s more turned on by him than ever. So sick! There’s clearly something deeply wrong with both Madonna and the contractor BF. Please, hero firemen, stay far, far away!!!!!

10. kd says:

building permits without checking if lisc to oper in state and not checking bldg status frequently enough to advise permittee and! owner re ok to occupy? and the momentarily loss of all common sense re the studiedly disposing of fire place contents my heart aches so very incredibly sad

11. RENEE SZABLEWSKI says:

THOSE WITHOUT SIN MAY CAST THE FIRST STONE!!!!!! IT IS NOT OUR WORLD TO JUDGE OTHERS!!! THERE WAS ONE PERFECT PERSON WHO WALKED THIS EARTH AND WALKED ON WATER AND IT WASNT ME NOR WAS IT YOU,COME JUDGEMENT DAY IS GOD GOING TO JUDGE YOU AS HARSH??? YOU REALLY SHOULD KEEP YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINIONS TO YOUR SELF!!AND BESIDES YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS.YOUR LACK OF COMPASSION,LOVE,AND UNDERSTANDING IS WHY THE WORLD IS THE WAY IT IS.PRAYERS NEED TO BE SAID FOR ALL OF YOU!!! SO PLEASE DONT THROW STONES AT GLASS HOUSES.YOU ALL ARE IN BULLY MODE!!

1. DanTe says:

I agree with you. Women like you and her should be allowed to fry all your spawns without other people badgering you.

1. RENEE SZABLEWSKI says:

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU DAN TE,IS THAT YOUR REAL NAME OR YOUR SMOKE SCREEN NAME TO HIDE BEHIND??PICK UP THE BIBLE MY FRIEND,DONT DRAG ME INTO YOUR DISFUNCTION AND YOUR TWISTED WAY OF THINKING.LEAVE THE BADGERS ALONE!!!!!!!WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR HOUSE!!!!!MADONNA & MATT,THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO TRULY HAVE COMPASSION,THEN THE EVIL IS AMONG US WELL,DONT READ THEIR COMMENTS THEY WANT THEIR 5 MINUTES OF FAME AND THEY SLITHER LIKE THE SERPENT.

12. Love says:

Thank you Amazed! Truly “Piper” is one sick weasel and few others as well. To those reading this article and extending your love and support that is what is worth reading and living for. A family, no human being, should ever have to endure this kind of pain.

1. LearnFireSafety says:

Are you on crack? The truth is that five people were killed by Madonna Badger and her BF’s negligence, and “endured” horrific pain until their lives were snuffed out as a result. Yet you troll this thread, and instead criticize and attack people who are outraged about this negligent homicide and refuse to keep silent about it. And you call yourself “Love”?? How ironic and pathetic. Open your eyes, fool.

1. Love says:

Another person with their head buried in the sand, far in hell. THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT, A TRAGIC, HORRIFIC ACCIDENT AND IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR OWN LIFE THERE ARE DEFINITELY TIMES WHERE YOU WERE SPARED A HORRIBLE TRAGEDY. This article is about the burial of 3 loved children and their grandparents. Get a clue, you are truly the pathetic one.

1. Jodi Lynnne says:

Yours is one of the most common sense comments here. This was a horrific ACCIDENT that these poor people will have to live with the rest of their lives. Could have should have would have…we have all done it. Some times life doesn’t give us second chance. I pray that one day she finds peace. Every day I make mistakes in my life and am thankful that one of them hasn’t hurt someone else. Just the other day, I left my coffee pot on all night long and it didn’t have an auto shut off. This was my mistake, and could have been deadly. These two removed ashes from the fireplace and one of them put in an improper container…dumb yes, I am sure that which ever of the two that did it wishes for a do over…

1. Reckless Tragedy says:

Do you have a smoke detector in your home? Is your house up to inspection code so that you are able to live there? Do you have an alarm connected to a central station that would send out a call if you had a fire? Do your children sleep 2 flights above you? Do you have a fireplace and know fireplace safety? Not just one mistake.

13. Pay the Piper Madonna Badger says:

Hey Amazed – you seem to equally enjoy the banter or you would go away. The father was holding onto the mother for comfort in HIS time of need. With her power, ego and $$$ she emasculated him over the years.

1. Amazed says:

I don’t enjoy reading your posts. I feel compelled to counter them, though, in the awful event that someone in the family reads them. They have suffered enough; why would you want to compound that? You’ve stated your opinion ad nauseum. This was a terrible, terrible ACCIDENT. Your jabs at Madonna Badger are just plain cruel. I really think you need help.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

Oh, I see you stole my “ad nauseum” line that I used on you a short while ago to your other sock puppet. Can’t come up with anything on your own? Please stop trolling this thread, and put your rage where it belongs – on the horrific negligence that caused the tragic loss of five lives.

1. Amazed says:

No, I didn’t see your post containing “ad nauseum” so don’t flatter yourself. The only troll here is you – and your alter egos, of course. YOUR rage is bizarre, to say the least. The police are investigating, and they will decide if there was any negligence involved, not you. Regardless, this was a horrible, horrible tragedy; the people who knew and loved the girls and their grandparents are obviously suffering enough without the likes of you to repeatedly pour salt on their wounds.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

Yeah, right “Love.”

1. Amazed says:

Unlike you, the only name I’ve posted on this thread under is “Amazed.” That’s because I’m amazed at some of the cruelty I’ve seen here. You are delusional. Run, don’t walk, to your nearest mental health facility.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

It’s you who needs “mental health” for your refusal to be outraged at negligent homicide, and instead criticize and try to censor those who feel deep pain over these senseless loss of five lives, and are insisting the people who are responsible be held accountable. However, I doubt there would be room for you and ALL of your many sock puppets at most mental health facilities, so until you’re committed I think it best to ignore your ongoing trolling and idiocy.

Have a nice day, fool.

14. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

For: Pay the Piper Madonna Badger:

All your comments are absolutely correct. Thank you for showing enormous bravery to post them, and courageously stating what most people around the world are all thinking and questioning but don’t have the guts to say. Many, many folks agree with you – check out the comments on Huffington Post, Gothamist, Yahoo News, NY Post reporting, and other NY Daily News stories about the tragedy. Ignore the ignorant Sheeples who prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand, continue to spew “sympathy” for those responsible for these horrible and unnecessary five deaths, and ignore the obvious. It’s important to be honest and clear-sighted about both MIchael B.’s and the mother’s stunning negligence and bizarre behavior both before and after this tragic event that can prevent more lives being lost in such a senseless way in the future. Spewing cliches and defending those who were responsible for those deaths does nothing, and in fact, is quite dangerous.

1. Pay The Piper Madonna Badger says:

I appreciate your post. I love children and work with learning disabled children every day as a behavioral psychologist. These children died in vain. Money, power, recklessness and egos were the toxic combination. The New York magazine story is in the works.

1. Terry6206 says:

Let’s hope so.

2. Sam says:

Well said, I think the mother and her boyfriend are totally responsible for the sensless death of 5 people and should be arrested and charged appropriately. However, are you that delusional to think that this was deliberate. I don’t think that this was a hatched plan kill 5 people. Some ignorant people on this site believe that she wanted to get rid of her kids so she could be with her boyfriend. I don’t believe that because if that was the case she could have just given up her rites to the father. I am sure the mother & more so the boyfriend will be charged.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

I don’t know, just that the behavior and statements by both of them before and after the fire have been bizarre, and point to narcissism, and, in his case, I believe he’s possibly a sociopath. I say this judging by his actions, statements, reactions, lack of empathy, and what a few have said about his character after working with him at his construction firm in the past. It may not have been a “hatched plan,” but the unconscious can drive people to make choices, as well. That’s what Freud meant when he said “There are no accidents.” Those who drink and drive and kill people are ultimately held responsible, even though they didn’t set out to kill anybody, obviously. That’s why there is negligent homicide. These two absolutely must be held accountable.

3. Love says:

For: Pay the Piper All of your comments are heartless and absolutely incorrect. How dare you or anyone else make such accusatory comments on a woman and her family in such sorrow. Many more people do not agree with your outrageous comments and soulless remarks. The only Sheepless people are the ones posting these negative commets with no REAL NAME attached. Go say it their face! Take your negativity elsewhere. This was a tragic accident. I would love to meet each of you in person. How would you feel if this happened to you and people were saying such awful things. Oh, right, you’ve never made any mistakes and are perfect. To HELL with your HATEFUL COMMENTS. MOST OF US ARE WIDE AWAKE AND FULL OF HUMANITY, COMPASSION AND LOVE FOR THIS WOMAN, THE FATHER AND THEIR FAMILY. CLEARLY YOUR HEADS ARE BURIED SO FAR DOWN IN THE GROUND YOU ARE TRULY BLIND AND IGNORANT. May the lack of compassion, ,empathy, integrity and love you are expressing towards this woman, the father and the deceased be returned to you ten fold one day.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

Your rage is misdirected. Your anger should be directed at the two people whose criminal negligence caused the death of these five people, not people who are merely expressing outrage at this tragedy, and want the truth to come out to prevent more senseless deaths in the future.

Put your anger where it should be – on those responsible for the deaths.

2. Love says:

This is not about accusing anyone of anything since no one really knows all of the details. That’s the point, these outrageous comments are based on absolutely no factual information. Also, if you read the article, there was a funeral for 3 children and 2 grandparents. THAT’S WHAT COMMENTS HERE NEED TO BE ABOUT. Not self indulgent assholes trying to judge something they actually know nothing about. I choose my battles for my friends and you better believe I will defend Madonna, Matthew and their family to the bitter end since you and others clearly know they are not able to do so at this time.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

Again, put your anger on the right people, those responsible for the deaths. You’re behaving unconsciously, and it’s being misdirected. You might want to see somebody about this because I’m sure this happens to you in Real Life, as well. Your comments toward other people and repeated attempts to censor us are rude and inappropriate. Please evolve your consciousness and realize that you are misdirecting your rage. It’s understandable, because it’s painful to face the facts, yes facts, that those two are responsible for these horrific deaths by their criminal negligence, but grow up and realize taking the blinders off is ithe only way to raise public awareness and prevent more tragic loss of lives in the future.

1. Love says:

And again, I will say who are you to judge? Sounds like our consciousness needs to evolve. You really should grow up. There are no blinders on me. You have the blinders since you really do not know all of the facts, do you? Or where you there? This article is about the funeral of the 3 children and their grandparents. THE ONLY RUDE PEOPLE HERE ARE THE ONE’S BULLYING AND JUDGING THIS WOMAN AND DISHONORING HER FAMILY DURING A HORRIFIC TIME.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

Um, hello?? Of course are “judging” that it’s wrong when negligent, criminal behavior leads to five senseless deaths, yeah. Sorry you have such a problem with that, but that’s why there’s the term “negligent homicide” and the police are investigating this fire, as well. The only “bullying” going on is coming from you ad nauseum as you troll this thread.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

Typo: Sentence should be: “Of course people are “judging” that it’s wrong when negligent, criminal behavior leads to five senseless deaths.”

2. Love says:

Again, are you commenting on this article, the the funeral for the 3 children and grandparents who lost their lives? Not sure what your point is here? May Madonna, Matthew and the Badger Family find peace and comfort in the difficult days ahead. RIP beloved ones. Surly they and God know this was not intentional and would be undone if possible.

1. Bunky says:

Ms. Love: Intentional is not the case. Simply stated, stupidity is the underlying cause. What is hard to understand is how a contractor could do something so undeniably foolish and highly dangerous. And, any normal person who is clearly responsible for such an act would distance themselves and certainly not attend the wake/funeral service. Five innocent lives are forever gone. I am not sure if any good can indeed come from this. As another poster said, you can’t fix stupid. Unfortunately, natural selection did not work in this case, and Mr. Stupid survived. My heart goes out to Mr. Badger.

2. Jodi Lynne says:

I do question her parenting. It would be interesting to understand what led up to the this tragic event. Why was a nine year old sleeping on a different floor? Why no working smoke alarms? She and her bf were wrapping presents so late and just before Christmas morning…it is almost like it was a rushed thing. I don’t know, it seems that there were signs that these little girls were headed for disaster. That being said, they did have grand parents in their lives that looked out for them if their was neglect. I wonder if there will be a follow up story or information.
                  I do hope tor the best for mom and dad. Mistakes happen. In my opinion the biggest mistake was Ms. Badger dating this fool.

3. Jill says:

I could not agree more with you Love. Pay the Piper is a truly a despicable human being who it appears has a personal vendetta against Madonna Badger.

4. mak says:

I think I figured you out. You have a personal beef with either the boyfriend or the mother. What’s the matter? Are you a spurned lover

Get a life and get a heart. Stop spreading your venom and poisoning these websites. You are a disgraceful human being.

1. Thank you, Pay the Piper! says:

You are disgraceful for trying to censor people who are merely questioning the many negligent acts that led up to these five horrific deaths. We have much more “heart” than you do because we want justice to be served for these horrific deaths. You are clearly a person who would rather cover up THE TRUTH and remain silent than try to make those responsible for murder be held accountable. You and others who prefer to keep your heads buried in the sand rather than face the the bizarre events surrounding this fire should be ashamed of yourself.

1. soul love for all says:

How on earth have you lived and breathed through this challenging assignment we call life without an ounce of compassion? It hurts the entire human race to have to live amongst people like you….prayers and love to you.

2. Love says:

Thank you, Mak The article is about a funeral that was held. How people are posting these outrageous comments here about this mother is beyond belief. Not only that, it is a dishonor to the children and grandparents. Sacred does hold meaning for some still.

15. Face Facts says:

All your comments are absolutely correct. Thank you for showing enormous bravery to post them. Many, many people all over the world agree with you – check out the comments on Huffington Post, Gothamist, Yahoo News, NY Post reporting, and other NY Daily News stories about the tragedy. Ignore the ignorant Sheeples who prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand, continue to spew “sympathy” for those responsible for these five deaths, and ignore the obvious. It’s important to be honest and clear-sighted about both MIchael B.’s and the mother’s stunning negligence and bizarre behavior both before and after this tragic event that can prevent more lives being lost in such a senseless way in the future. Spewing cliches and defending those who were responsible for those deaths does nothing, and in fact, is quite dangerous.

16. May says:

Rest in peace beautiful little girls. You did not die in vain. Many people have become aware of fire safety because of you. I kinow you’re all in heaven!

1. Scott says:

@ May. What you said was the smartest thing I read or heard regarding this entire tragic story.

17. Sue says:

My heart goes out to Ms. Badger and her ex-husband. I have too asked myself how I could survive such a tragedy? It is clear that her faith in God is what is getting her through…something that inhumane people who post ugly, hateful things must not have. The BIble says , “do not judge others, or you will be judged”. I feel sorry for hateful posters and pray for their souls, just as I pray for Ms. Badger and her family.

18. Carla Jen McCarthy says:

I feel terrible for Mr. and Mrs.Badger! I hope that everything turns for the better for them. Nothing can bring their children back.

19. May says:

You’re a mean son of a bitch.

20. PATRECE BAINES says:

To this family: God blessing and strength covers you during this hard time in your life. Love haves no color, finances, class status or other during a time like this and i reach across the distance to embrace and pray for your healing. To the comments before mines, such a DISGRACE TO BE THE IMAGE MADE IN GOD: HUMAN! It’s a wonder that earth has become a sink hole of STENCH! Maybe you can understand yourself better if you have a hard trial to live thru better. Then social network’s can judge you online, better than the mercy of a God that America is built on depise her bloody hated history. How many of you worship in some manner from a lying lips and a cold impure heart? The pr reflect a horrible death on the day that a Savior was born. Like it or not, America foundation is Christian and the freedom of other worship or none. Corruption of the soul comes from within and shows from your heart via your words. Human err was just that, and pr was giving in kind for the thanksgiving murder n the outpouring around the globe was express. ALL DEATHS OF ANYONE IS FELT BECAUSE AS THE BIBLE SAID, WE ARE EARTH FAMILY AND WE ARE LINK BY LOVE, COMPASSION AND MERCY TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER. May God have mercy on you all.

1. CS says:

God has no less compassion towards people speaking frustration about five lives lost on Christmas, regardless of expression. Everyone wishes the mother and boyfriend had been more diligent, and no one wishes this horrible fate on the girls, their grandparents, Madona Badger, the contractor, or the family. Reading over the comments, it seems some people see more spin coming from Madonna Badger (the Santa story released a day before the funeral, the foundation set up for compassion) and perceive NOT additional motives, but a woman trying to control public opinion about that loss. Of course the media are covering this story; no more than New York. Madonna Badger has worked in New York for twenty-plus years. This is a CBSlocalNY webpage. And sadly, just because a mother loses three children and her parents, does not automatically make her a good person before or after the fact. It does make her a person who we should feel sympathy for, regardless WHO she is – but if people choose to focus on what they perceive is “wrong” then – as you mentioned – this is America. They unfortunately have that choice. We can post on the family Facebook page, where all the comments are loving and sympathetic – we have that choice.

21. 10128 says:

This story hits a nerve on so many levels. Much of the outrage comes from the fact that this tragedy was given an excessive amount of publicity.due to the mother’s prominence and wealth. Instead of seeking privacy for her grief she elected to turn this into a media event. She and the boyfriend should have
    temporarily shut down their business pages from the Internet. If the shoe was on the other foot and the dad’s girlfriend recklessly disposed of the ashes and disabled the fire alarm system in the house what is the likelihood of that woman being on the arm of the father at the girl’s funeral walking alongside Ms. Badger?

1. Saltine says:

10128 :

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!!!

Just be on the look-out for this woman and boytoyzub’s REALITY show next Spring!

22. David says:

Those of you posting disparaging comments about this event and it’s victims should be ashamed of yourselves. Turn the tables and think about the incredible sense of loss and the pain that this family is experiencing. You are insensitive, sorry individuals and a disgrace to society. Three beautiful girls were taken from this family at such a tender age. No one can comprehend the loss here. And the fact that you are trying to trivialize this, is just downright dispicable. If I were as hateful and sorry as you, I’d wish something similar on you. Fortunately for me, all I can feel is sorry for you. Love and peace to Madonna, Mathew and their family and friends. Such a senseless tragedy. Such an incomprehensible loss.

1. Jill says:

Well said David! I agree 100%.

23. John L says:

My condolences to the family. My concern is that this tragedy had so much news coverage. If three young girls were killed in an apartment file from a poor family the news coverage would have been minimal at best.

Comments are closed.