NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Today’s 2 in the Kitchen is giving your Super Bowl party an extra kick this weekend.
Earlier this week, we showed you healthy wings and chips. Today we have Chef John Greeley of 21 Club with two more recipes for Super Bowl muchies you may not have thought of.
For more information on Chef Greeley and the 21 Club, click here.
Sautéed Buffalo Shrimp with Cucumber-Dill Sauce
by Chef John Greeley
Yields 4 portions
- 16-20 pieces of Fresh Shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1 c. Buffalo Sauce* (see recipe)
- 1 Lemon (cut in half)
- Wondra Flour
- Salt to taste
- Grape Seed or Canola Oil
- 16-20 Wooden Skewers (for presentation)
- On stovetop, pre-heat fry pan on medium heat.
- Add grape seed oil and lightly coat bottom of pan. (If oil is starting to smoke, pan is too hot!)
- Season shrimp with a pinch of salt. Then, coat lightly with Wondra flour and shake off excess.
- Place in pan and begin to cook. Generally, this will take 4-5 minutes.
- When shrimp begin to get brown, turn each on over and continue to cook an additional 4 minutes. (Do not cover the pan with a lid, this will steam the shrimp.)
- When shrimp feel firm to the touch, remove from the pan and cut open to check if it’s fully cooked.
- Finally, spoon a light coating of buffalo sauce over all the shrimp in the pan. (You can also do this in a bowl).
- Place the hot shrimp on a platter with some cucumber-dill sauce and serve with skewers.
- ½ c. Melted Butter
- 1 c. Texas Pete Hot Sauce or Other Mild Hot Sauce
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- Melt butter; add hot sauce and lemon juice.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients and use warm so butter does not solidify.
- 2 c. Sour Cream
- ½ c. Cucumber Purée (purée peeled, de-seeded cucumber in blender)
- ½ c. Small-diced Cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lime (juice only)
- Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl, just stir to incorporate.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for an hour.
by Chef John Greeley
- 12 c Cooked Popcorn
- 1/4 c. Kosher Salt
- 2 Limes (zest only)
- 4 Tbsp chili powder (grind dry chilies in a coffee grinder or buy chili powder)
- Mix all ingredients and let sit overnight.
- If any clumps have formed in salt, break apart with fingers.
- Season popcorn to taste. (Works great in guacamole or on steak, chicken and fish)