2 In The Kitchen: Chef John Keller’s Red Velvet Pancakes With Chocolate Chips
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Chef John Keller stopped by the CBS 2 newsroom to share his recipe for a sweet breakfast treat. Keller is the chef at Viktor & Spoils, located at the Hotel on Rivington.
For more information, click here.
Red Velvet Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
This recipe yields 4-6 pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix all wet and dry ingredients separately
- Add chocolate chips to dry ingredients
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter, which will make the pancakes tough
- Let the batter rest for about 1 hour (you can leave it longer if you’d like)
- Heat lightly buttered non-stick skillet over medium-low heat
- Pour batter ½ a cup at a time into skillet, and cook until tiny bubbles begin to develop, approximately three minutes
- Flip pancakes, and cook for two minutes more
- Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes, until pancakes are cooked through.
- Serve with butter and agave syrup