NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Chef David Diaz of Brasserie Beaumarchais stopped by the CBS 2 studio to cook up a Croque Madame.
For more information about Chef Diaz and Brasserie Beaumarchais, click here.
- 4 slices country bread
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 4 tbsp black truffle butter
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 4 whole eggs
- butter or oil to fry egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spread bread with 1 tbsp each black truffle butter and crème fraiche
- Place two slices of ham followed by two slices of cheese on each piece of bread
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese browns
- While bread is toasting, cook the eggs sunny side up and season with salt and pepper
- Remove toasted bread from oven and top with an egg