Rescue Dog Saves Family From House Fire In Levittown
LEVITTOWN, NY (CBSNewYork) - Man’s best friend came to the rescue on Long Island overnight.
WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall On The Story
A fire broke out around 1 a.m. in a one-story home on Prentice Lane in Levittown, but it was a mixed breed dog named Lily, who was recently adopted from the North Shore Animal League, that woke up the four people inside, before smoke detectors even went off.
“The dog saved a life. Again, it was incredible,” said owner Timothy Argento.
Timothy was at work at the time when the blaze broke out in the back of the home.
His wife, his 11-year-old twin daughters, and their friend were sleeping at the time.
“I just zoomed home,” said Argento. “The kids are all right. I got home,, saw them. They went to the hospital to get checked out and they had a little bit of smoke inhalation and everybody’s fine.”
What is even more amazing is that Lily would not leave the home until everyone got out.
Argento says it is just stuff that was lost in the fire, and that can be replaced.
Authorities said the blaze is not suspicious.