Ben & Jerry’s Apologizes For ‘Taste The Lin-Sanity’ Flavor

NEW YORK (WFAN) — A Ben & Jerry’s store located in Boston has issued an apology for jumping on the Linsanity bandwagon and creating a Jeremy Lin flavor that might have offended some in the Asian community.

The Harvard Square shop near his alma mater was selling the flavor “Taste the Lin-Sanity.”

The original concoction was a vanilla yogurt flavor with lychee honey swirls and bits of fortune cookies, but the store replaced the fortune cookies with fresh waffle cookies after a “backlash.”

The general manager of the Boston based store posted the apology via their twitter account @BenJerryBoston.

“On behalf of Ben & Jerry’s Boston Scoop Shops we offer a heartfelt apology if anyone was offended by our handmade Linsanity flavor that we offered at our Harvard Square location.”

“We are proud and honored to have Jeremy Lin hail from one of our fine, local universities and we are huge sports fans,” the statement from the Ben & Jerry’s Boston team. “We were swept up in the nationwide Linsanity momentum. Our intention was to create a flavor to honor Jeremy Lin’s accomplishments and his meteoric rise in the NBA, and recognize that he was a local Harvard [University] graduate. We try demonstrate our commitment as a Boston-based, valued-led business & if we failed in this instance we offer our sincere apologies.”

Lin came out of Harvard un-drafted and has been relatively unknown. He played 29 games last season with the Golden State Warriors, the Knicks signed Lin off of waivers from the Rockets.

Lin received his shot when he filled in for the injured Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks went on a seven game winning streak.

Comments

1. Bob says:

These Ben and Jerry guys are just like Obama… They hate the Constitution and all of the protections that provides, “We the People”.

They are putting money to pay anti American losers to protest our Representative Republic… So they can make us into a Nanny State.

Their real goal is to take the 40% of the population that pays no taxes and to make it 53%. That way the give away party, the Progressive’s, will never lose an election.

2. Lin fan says:

Kind of ridiculous and I am Asian. I’m offended they read racist in fortune cookies. Must be Harvard undergrad protesters.

3. Lou says:

I will not eat Ben and Jerry’s because they kowtow to the liberal PC crap agenda!

4. CWF says:

Pizza is a racial affront against Wops.

5. Ben says:

Sue the racist Ben and Jerry’s who support OWS and boycott their ice-cream

6. AdamNYK says:

Are you serious? Jeremy Lin is Asian. This is making the Asian community look like it’s not proud of it’s culture. I’m half asian & I can say that I’d love to try some Linsanity ice cream. Fortune cookies are good as hell.

7. DEE says:

Give me a break! The only person that is racist is the one that thinks fortune cookies are! For crying out loud, we would have to close all the Chinese restuarants in the country if fortune cookies are racist… Someone needs to go get a life and throw being PC out the window…

8. pugphan says:

Asians need to lighten up a bit, relax yo! Enjoy the attention- it aint’t
    negative. America loves ya! smokersodysseycom

1. Lou says:

I can guarantee the ones who were “offended” were not even Asian. Probably some white hippie or other liberal that thinks they can speak for the minority groups and act all offended on their behalf.

9. Kevin B says:

You have to be kidding me! if he was of Irish descent like myself and made a Guiness flavored ice cream, I would not be offended. I would say give me a spoon! It would be delicious! If fortune cooking offend the Asian community, then they should stop selling them.

10. General Tso says:

If they had simply put Taiwanese fortune cookies in the ice cream, none of this would have happened.

11. Morisot says:

Nuts?! PC run amok!

12. RoyBoySays says:

If Fortune Cookies are so offense to the Asian community,maybe they should stop giving them away with take out meals,and at the end of sit down meals in Asian restauarants………..what a crock of poo,offended by fortune cookies. Next they will stop selling Matzah,because it might offend some Jewish Peopl,e, or meatball sandwiches ,because it might offend some Italiansi

13. Lou says:

I get all the backlash about the ESPN headline, ntm that stupid Jason Whitlock tweet. But this seems a little oversensitive to me. What exactly is offensive about fortune cookies?

14. Tommy C says:

Put the GOD -DAMN fortune cookies name back on the friggen ice cream. To hell with PC .

15. Get Over Yourself says:

Ok so Fortune cookies offended them how.It was perfect in the icecream with the lemon flavor from the fortune cookie.

Comments are closed.